*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  AChat with enhanced graphics
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: AChat with enhanced graphics  ( 60445 )
tom
Administrator
: 336

« : November 28, 2011, 10:46:42 AM »

Hi,

we have a new version of AChat, which uses better shaders. It would be great, if you could help to test it. To try it you have to replace your existing AChat installation:

1. Save your ignore list, it is in the file 'personal\ignorelist.bin' in the AChat directory. (To find the AChat directory please right click on the AChat start icon, and there select 'Properties'. Here on the 'Shortcut' tab you can see the path to the AChat directory, you can also open it by clicking on the 'Open File Location' button.)
2. Uninstall AChat, and then delete the AChat directory also manually.
3. Download the new AChat:
    http://download2.funnyadultgamesplay.com/AChat_setup_test.exe
4. Install the downloaded file
5. Download the high detail pack (works without it, but hig details look much better):
     http://download2.funnyadultgamesplay.com/AChat_highdetail_setup.exe
6. Install the high detail pack
7. Restore your ignore list

Minimum hardware requirements:
There are not really.
Most of the computers will run more quickly with the new graphics. There are older chipsets, which will run only with the old shader (will be decided automatically), or in some cases you can experience slower frame rates. If you feel it uncomfortable, you can choose the old shader in the settings window. If you don't have the choice in the settings window, that means, your computer isn't able to work with the new shader at all, in this case you won't see any improvement.

Future compatibility:
After installing and trying you can keep this version, it will work with all upgrades.

What is the difference compared to the old shader? Please check it and write here your experience.

Regards,
tom
« : November 30, 2011, 04:47:26 AM tom »
Bear
: 3856

« #1 : November 28, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »

well I'll give it a whirl...
 :D... not certain which directory we are to delete in addition to uninstalling the program though. I am not finding anything in addition when I search for one.

tom
Administrator

« #2 : November 28, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »

How to find the AChat directory is described in 1.
If you have uninstalled AChat already, you will not be able to locate the directory this way, then install the downloaded new version. Should work without deleting the directory manually.

tom
Bear

« #3 : November 28, 2011, 11:17:11 AM »

hmm,... yes I had already uninstalled the program,.. gleaned over that first paragraph thinking it primarily a way to save the ignore list which is irrelevant in my case since it contained only a one active player.

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #4 : November 28, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »

look interessing.......a quest: translate patch work on it like in the old version!?

tom
Administrator

« #5 : November 28, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »

translation should work, but you will find a few new English texts too...
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #6 : November 28, 2011, 11:30:03 AM »

so, basically, the translation must be redone

tom
Administrator

« #7 : November 28, 2011, 11:57:48 AM »

so, basically, the translation must be redone

don't worry, just a few new texts in the settings window...
Adera
: 3047

« #8 : November 28, 2011, 01:01:39 PM »

This new change look good to me. :)

I really like how things look while in direct light and while not now.
« : November 28, 2011, 01:04:03 PM Adera »
Bear

« #9 : November 28, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »

First impressions Tom is that it is  quite stunning. Even looking at the profiles,.. wow... latched on to a friend to test some poses.. details really jump out... was seriously hoping the missing furniture might come back...lol.. nope still gone.

I am running a 3d graphic card, and have to say it must be pushing the limits on it,Some actions appear to be a bit choppy.
You may need to have to rework some of the speed on some poses.. right now Dominating From behind appears pretty unnatural. Though now as I write it appears to have smoothed out some.

At this moment running the upgrade only, and not the high detail pack... definitely can see the enhancements. Tip of the hat... very well done.

Adera
: 3047

« #10 : November 28, 2011, 01:12:42 PM »

With high details it look really good now. :)

Btw, the shiny leather of some clothing looks awesome.
« : November 28, 2011, 01:14:48 PM Adera »
Bear

« #11 : November 28, 2011, 01:40:45 PM »

mmmm... well stocking definition looked better on this...

btw... COWBOY HAT looks awesome... ;)

West69
: 123

« #12 : November 28, 2011, 05:55:58 PM »

Hi,

we have a new version of AChat, which uses better shaders. It would be great, if you could help to test it. To try it you have to replace your existing AChat installation:

1. Save your ignore list, it is in the file 'personal\ignorelist.bin' in the AChat directory. (To find the AChat directory please right click on the AChat start icon, and there select 'Properties'. Here on the 'Shortcut' tab you can see the path to the AChat directory, you can also open it by clicking on the 'Open File Location' button.)
2. Uninstall AChat, and then delete the AChat directory also manually.
3. Download the new AChat:
    http://download2.funnyadultgamesplay.com/AChat_setup_test.exe
4. Install the downloaded file
5. Download the high detail pack (works without it, but hig details look much better):
     http://download2.funnyadultgamesplay.com/AChat_highdetail_setup.exe
6. Install the high detail pack
7. Restore your ignore list

What is the difference compared to the old shader? Please check it and write here your experience.

Regards,
tom

Tom, advise please. I don't know crap about computers. In fact I don't know if my computer has an "enhanced graphics card" or any other whirlygigs. Should I even try this, or wait until you make it an automatic upgrade? Thanks
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #13 : November 28, 2011, 08:03:53 PM »

Honestly I am a little worried about upgrading. I just renewed my membership today and now just lounging around chat I've dropped three times... do you have minimum recommended specs for the updated version?

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Bear

« #14 : November 28, 2011, 11:42:41 PM »

Well hung around in chat for a good hour and a half this evening... didn't have a problem... figuring the laggy issue is my own system which does have a memory hog self diagnostic that pops in at inopportune times.

So I probably have to echo that question of Janine's... what are your minimum specs here?

(btw... good to see you back Janine)

: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
: