*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Everything about sex and love (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  What turns you off in chatting?
« previous next »
: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
: What turns you off in chatting?  ( 139399 )
Bear
: 3856

« #210 : October 14, 2014, 06:40:04 AM »

Perhaps my wording was not clear Blu' but that was my point,... have some tolerance in the fact thy disappear.

That said I think it also important that when engaging in conversation you have to be a bit direct.

If you have a date pending, state it at the beginning of conversation... that fact lets others know not to expect much and your disappearance  is preplanned if you suddenly disappear. A quick "gtg" ... A good rule of thumb is never respond to new messages upon accepting  an invite. NEVER!

Good friends will respect that fact, if they aren't...then they aren't really a friend.... Seriously...

Grilling you over who... really is that any of their business? As long as you have not been yanking on their heart and leading them on... it isn't.
If you establish that you are here to have meet folks, have a good time without drama upfront in a relationship you can certainly pinpoint the redflags of  egocentric control freaks very easily. They are ones that think you are obligated to tell them who you play with. You don't need to defend your actions.

Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #211 : October 14, 2014, 07:25:07 AM »

A funny thing happened,  I politely refused an invite when suddenly, out of the blue, he rounded on me.  Apparently he'd been trying for 3 years!! News to me but there you go.
Obviously he made a massive impression if that was the case.
He actually EXPECTED me to room him, as though it was his RIGHT.

Tantrums to room wont work. 

@ Blu & Bear -  maybe its because I chat lots, but I usually manage to say in my convos to the inviter, give me a sec to end my convos and get a quick  gtg or something similar fired off.
When my date comes on line,  I usually tell the people, I'm chatting too. Sometimes with my regular chatters, I even ask them if they are on a date tonight, so the prep is already sorted.

There's always occasions I guess when the invite occurs quite quick. If that happens.. I have been known to let it time out.. and then explain "I haven't finished my gtg's yet, ok.. ready now."

If on the rare occasions, I do miss someone out, I send a message after the room to apologise.

It's just showing respect to the persons you are chatting to. I always presume, I am not the only chat.  Manners cost nothing, yet are priceless.

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #212 : October 14, 2014, 08:03:22 AM »

I'm giving up! I'm having a conversation for less than 5 minutes... "Hey let's go dance in a room."

NO! talk to me here! 

"Why?"
*CLICK* closed window

You have NO idea how "In" you were getting, then you pushed it.

Will somebody take these "boys" Deer hunting and teach them about patience!   

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
Bear
: 3856

« #213 : October 14, 2014, 09:42:35 AM »

and what Brandy has said is her norm,... and having been on either side of the situation (whoops sorry.. kiss and told)

I never found a delay annoying or insulting, it showed character of politeness and respect towards others.

Waiting 10 minutes may be annoying... ::)

Brandybee

« #214 : October 14, 2014, 10:05:06 AM »

I'm worth it :)   Mwahhhhhhhhh

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
zoerink
: 2465

I am into the big blue ocean swimming and dreaming

« #215 : October 14, 2014, 10:38:40 AM »

Well... i am agree with Brandy... all opinions are ok, but mine is as Brandy says, always can say to closer people brb, gtg, os just... see you later, i have to go.

KISSES & HUGS & SMILES FOR ALL
TG_Chaser

« #216 : October 24, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »

This morning I was at the beginning of a descent conversation with a guy. Things are going well, and I was pondering rooming.
Then he says "Are you one of those gift people?"
A switch in me turns off. Not really his fault, but still, I'm now turned off.
Not sure what vib me or my profile gave to make him ask that question, but needless to say I went back to bed.
if you didn't say "my premium is up" he was just probably throwing his baggage at you... probably had 5 girls before you demand gifts and decided he could vent at you. not a good pickup but sometimes you got noone but strangers right
TG_Chaser

« #217 : October 24, 2014, 08:42:37 PM »

If you flip on someone who thinks they're having a good conversation with you they'll take offense. I guess its proper etiquette to end all conversations before leaving, but maybe "hi how are you" doesn't qualify. It also depends on your relationship with the person.

My biggest pet peeve a while ago was when girls would straight up flirt with me and even offer a dance or something then suddenly say "sorry so and so just showed up" or even didn't say that until after the fact. So i mean try to gauge the frustration factor
Stone
: 1842

« #218 : October 26, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »

Lately, guys pretending I know them and have roomed them before.  Then not reading my profile and not accepting No.

FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #219 : November 09, 2014, 10:00:58 PM »

The way they come on to me as soon as I log on to the game

that come on to me like I am desperate for play ,,,

and I hate when they call me baby   like if they know me ......

what ever happened to hello my name is....ext ext

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
Misdevious
: 367

« #220 : December 11, 2014, 06:34:11 AM »

Silly and picky maybe.  But I HATE being called bb.
FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #221 : December 11, 2014, 11:23:02 AM »

I hate being called  babe!  that  sounds  cold  and with out meaning .

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
PlumPrincess
: 3

« #222 : December 13, 2014, 02:40:42 PM »

I don't like being called "BB" either, but I have to wonder...

Although it would be a huge turnoff IRL, when I see it online, I wonder if maybe the guy is just playing a role, spitting out a line perhaps because he thinks I'm expecting it, that it's just part of the game?
Brandybee

« #223 : December 13, 2014, 03:43:41 PM »

lol  I get called BB  all the time ..   

PlumPrincess
: 3

« #224 : December 13, 2014, 04:27:06 PM »

I mean, it's okay with someone I know, who's been a lover   ;), but not someone just messaging me for the first time.
: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16  
« previous next »
: