*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  FAQ (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  FAQ - AChat for MAC users
« previous next »
: [1]
: FAQ - AChat for MAC users  ( 12139 )
Lover
: 10350

« : July 24, 2012, 06:44:58 PM »

- I have a MAC. Can I use AChat?

AChat is not developed for MAC computer. But some members posted solutions.

"i use AChat on an iMac Wink running windows 7 with Parallels Desktop 5 Wink"

"i'm on OS X too (snow leopard) Wink and runs AChat through Parallels Desktop 5. Everything is fine (2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) !
but i had to expand my computer's RAM because of parallels (from 2 to 4 Go RAM)"

"I'm running the game with a Imac 2.66GHz Intel quad and a mac book pro (2.66GHz Intel Core i7). The game is OK with VM WARE FUSION but I try the game with Windows 7 on a PC and the game is a little bit better"

diomedes
: 17

« #1 : April 16, 2013, 06:38:21 AM »

does achat work with ubuntu?
Lover

« #2 : April 16, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »

I'm not sure. As far as i know it should NOT work but if you use ubuntu you can try to make it working.

A123lolo
: 97

MSN Messenger - a123lolo@hotmail.fr
« #3 : April 18, 2013, 12:06:13 PM »

diomedes,

I have tested AChat on Linux-Ubuntu with the Windows emulator "wine"
We can say "It run", but the 3D graphic is horrible.
I suppose that DirectX 3D is not totally compatible

Perhaps than in future, with a new version of WINE or AChat ....
Lover

« #4 : April 19, 2013, 01:36:38 PM »

Thanks for the info A123lolo

tolve
: 2

« #5 : July 31, 2013, 05:45:49 PM »

Hrm. I have been running Achat under Ubuntu all along, but since I received Wine1.6 - by character has either become a giant or without hair or eyes - depending on how I try to set this up.

Has anyone out there gotten Achat to run under wine 1.6? If not it's bye-bye time for me :(

tolve
Thoxik
: 1

« #6 : January 22, 2021, 09:13:02 AM »

I have just downloaded the latest (test) version of Codeweavers Crossover for the Mac, downloaded the AChat installer and then created a "Bottle" within Crossover. Since there is no pre-made setup, Crossover is guessing what config to pick and it propsed a Win7 bottle to install AChat into. Ran the installer without any additional changes. Ran through smoothly and now just plain works, hires, sound and all. Since Codeweavers also offers a Crossover version for Linux, AChat on Linux might be an easy thing as well.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: