*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Everything about sex and love (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Why do people invite without talking first?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Why do people invite without talking first?  ( 18411 )
zuzannah
: 1379

« #15 : June 10, 2016, 02:45:16 PM »

I also Cold invited when I first started here.  Only once though.  And that was because an Ex friend knew the person I colded.

I think it's hard to be new here.  I didn't know the etiquette of this place,  Now I do.  By talking to people.....

If people just cold invite, like all the time, I think they don't have no social skills or just damn too shy.   To be honest with all of you that read this, my social skills were not what they should have been.  Maybe it was because of my shyness, who knows.  This place has bought me out a bit, although I still find it hard to start a conversation with some people.

I am glad that I found this place when I did though.  With the Meeting Places being very popular and friends meeting there and chatting, I bet it has got to be so much harder to make friends here than any time before.  We all must have noticed that when someone new approaches us in the Meeting Places that conversation is very, very hard sometimes.

I feel sorry for some of the more genuine people who start here who want to make friends when most of us are in groups.  Must be daunting for some to even approach us then.

As for the chase is better than the catch.  Mmm  Perhaps.  I like to think if you are caught that's when the seriously fun bit starts.  ;)

Lover
: 10350

« #16 : June 10, 2016, 04:01:30 PM »

One problem is the way AChat is describing itself on their website:
Downlaod the game, choose your gender, create an avi, invite people to have fun

That's what I did on my first day too - I invited girls to have fun. I didn't even know about "cold invites". My luck was, that some started talking to me and that I like to talk too :D

Chitown175
: 6

« #17 : June 12, 2016, 01:32:43 AM »

One problem is the way AChat is describing itself on their website:
Downlaod the game, choose your gender, create an avi, invite people to have fun

That's what I did on my first day too - I invited girls to have fun. I didn't even know about "cold invites". My luck was, that some started talking to me and that I like to talk too :D

That may be the root of the "cold invite" that many people here dislike, people who do cold invites sign up because the game advertised people doing just that.  I dunno, maybe the best solution is to have cold and no cold sections just like how restaurants had smoking and no smoking sections back in the day to appease everyone. I always try to see things from both sides and offer solutions that appeals to both parties.
Lover
: 10350

« #18 : June 12, 2016, 04:30:26 PM »

Maybe a button, similar like busy-state: Accepting cold invites/not accepting

If you accept, it means cold invites can be sent and you can agree or disagree. If you don't accept, they can't be sent to you

Nat33
: 2208

French Nympho Shemale

« #19 : June 12, 2016, 05:10:25 PM »

Hi,

The "Blind Date" too is a "how to cold invite" !  ::)

I'm here for the pleasure of my body and my... mind
Chitown175
: 6

« #20 : June 14, 2016, 12:46:35 AM »

Maybe a button, similar like busy-state: Accepting cold invites/not accepting

If you accept, it means cold invites can be sent and you can agree or disagree. If you don't accept, they can't be sent to you

That may be the best solution, if the person does not accept then they won't be bothered by them.
Levianne
: 32

« #21 : June 06, 2017, 04:57:47 AM »

People do crazy things, Cold invites are just one of those. Yes, Blind date might be the same, but with Cold invite, they have more control of whom they want fuck and whom not (at least, that's my guess, actually haven't tried Blind date, so don't know, how that works).

The tiny lovely lady for you
Pandorra
: 507

« #22 : June 06, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »

I seriously doubt I ever "colded" someone at all. The reason is, that I look to  the profile first. And if I find something interesting and appealing to me, I also have already a starting point to extend from "Hi".

I suppose mainly they click along the list and follow whomever jumps in first. How often I put a cold down and how often I found the profile with a yellow dot already as soon as I check who sucked this time.
Very rarely I am able to shoot back something like: "Really? You can't do better than that?"
Only once I got a response and it was a nice chat with a Newbie afterwards. One who probably will not cold again.

For my understanding it is a utter lack of respect. If you want to club someone down and drag her home to your cave, why not stick to robot girl? Obviously you're anyway not interested in any word I could say so you would not notice any difference.
Nah sorry, I don't get further into it as to put a cold down. Who is not able to attract my attention would perform anyway too lousy between the sheets. I bet on that.

The best way to get this out of the world would be to ignore them all. This would force a different strategy upon them. But apparently it still seems to pay off. This also tells me something :)
My2cents

Levianne
: 32

« #23 : June 06, 2017, 12:47:31 PM »

I couldn't write it better (and I haven't) and I agree with every word. Although I don't ignore them as of putting them on my iggy list, I just plainly ignore them, let the countdown drop to zero and that's it. They mostly never try it again anyway. Well mostly. Or am I just lucky enough to meet those, that have enough  in their brains, to understand, that I'm not interested in them. Who knows.

The tiny lovely lady for you
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: