*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Artist's Alley (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  BombShell
« previous next »
: [1]
: BombShell  ( 5032 )
shelley_k
: 12

« : July 15, 2014, 04:11:23 PM »

Hi, everyone.  I've been reading through the instructions of how to make clothes on here, and I wanted to give it a try.  I have a basic grasp of the concept but there are a couple of things that I don't get, like how to "trim" sections of the default UVW clothing templates - or if that's even possible.  I've been playing around with the height maps to give texture like ribbed sweaters too.

I came up with the name BombShell as a play on my username.  :P  Any suggestions are welcomed.  :)

« : July 15, 2014, 04:58:16 PM shelley_k »
shelley_k

« #1 : July 15, 2014, 04:12:11 PM »

« : July 15, 2014, 04:52:36 PM shelley_k »
shelley_k

« #2 : July 15, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »

« : July 15, 2014, 04:57:01 PM shelley_k »
Concerto

« #3 : July 15, 2014, 11:16:51 PM »

I am not sure what you mean by "trim."

If you use the appropriate uvw file as a base for any specific piece of clothing, effectively they are a pattern for what is possible for the full extent of that  piece of clothing. Any area of the pattern then that isn't covered will be transparent when put on the model, i.e. the models body will show through. So, effectively, "trimming" is accomplished by omitting cloth from an area of the uvw/pattern.

Lover
: 10350

« #4 : July 16, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »

Asking the same as concerto. Just instead of uvw maps, some of us just use the original clothes and change them.
Your first outcome is nice, if you would add some height maps, they might look even better. Please go on :)

Peeka
: 3007

It's just a game...is it???

« #5 : July 17, 2014, 04:49:47 AM »

Nice first tries.

By "omitting", Concerto means  you just have to "cut" or "delete" the part you don't want to appear onyour layers.
To know where to cut, just download the original map (the one with all the  "squares") on the charcater before you add color on it. It will help adjusting the shape you wish to reach.
So for example, to make a T-shirt from your pull over, you'd just need to cut out (delete) the lower arm part on your layers. Or to make a "V" collar, delete some parts around the original collar. And so on...

Have fun and keep on!  ;)

shelley_k

« #6 : July 17, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »

Wow, thank you for all of the advice, everyone.  I'll put it to use and keep going.  I really appreciate you all taking the time out to help me. :-)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: