*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Upgrades and newly added features (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  gifting rules
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: gifting rules  ( 13510 )
John31
: 1

« : July 21, 2014, 06:17:49 AM »

Please note, that the gifting rules has been changed.
Only users, who has paid for premium membership at least once can receive gifts.
Thanks for your attention.

John31
Lover
: 10350

« #1 : July 21, 2014, 08:53:39 AM »

Ty for the info john  - do you know if this also counts for girs, did they change the rulein general?

susy_a
Administrator
: 101

« #2 : July 21, 2014, 10:43:34 AM »

Hi there,

The info is right, and it is true for all genders.

Susy
Concerto

« #3 : July 21, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »

1st, who is John31, a newbie to the forum, and how does he know this information?

2nd, have we been notified in any other way? Like...err... officially?

3rd, if not, why not?

4th, what does this mean? That you can't gift a free user 200 so they can get a three day pass? If so, it rather defeats the object of a 3-day pass.
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #4 : July 21, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »

Lol, Susan.....Susy confirmed it right up your message, so......it's real! about, John, yes, he is new

Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #5 : July 21, 2014, 02:38:32 PM »

Welcome to the Forum Village John31,  Are you Achat Staff or a new member?

You speak like staff but dont have the Orange Stars of an Administrator.

Thank you & Susy for the new info.

I think it's a good move in the right direction and will act as a preventative measure to stop under -  age users trying to join.

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #6 : July 21, 2014, 03:56:13 PM »

Sussy thank you  for  clarifying the information ...

and letting us members know  this wonderful new decision
 That Achat   has decided ...

In the future I would like to recommend one suggestion. We heard this from  Member's

not knowing if it is true or not  I would  like  to recommend  staff  or the  Forum Moderators, Notify us
firsthand on a new procedures to confirm ventilation by staff ... thank you agin

John31

Welcome to the  forum  thank you for your  input   hope you will be posting more  in the  forum nice to  have you with us  and
a warm welcome

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
Bear
: 3856

« #7 : July 22, 2014, 07:46:08 AM »

Thank you Susy_A for quickly confirming the information.

Good to know you are still watching over us.

jasonn8
: 7

« #8 : August 01, 2014, 02:25:47 PM »

this is a terrible rule. I can not gift people now. 
Brandybee

« #9 : August 01, 2014, 07:23:15 PM »

Hey Jasonn8.

Welcome to Forum.

You can gift premium members or members who have paid at least once.  You can recognise them by the blue star on their profile pic. You just cannot gift free users any more.  This is a preventative measure for young users.

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Concerto

« #10 : August 02, 2014, 02:37:49 AM »

Part of the problem is that Achat never seems to do any analysis or thinking prior to implementing/removing features.

They never (rarely) listen to requests for poses, clothing, game modifications, etc.

If you gave a free user $Achat, they were obliged to buy a three day pass before they could do anything else.

To suggest that (just stopping) it is a preventative measure to inhibit young users is rubbish as there are thousands of other measures that could be put in place to stop them from then purchasing a three day pass with the money and, as has been proved time and time again, none of them are guaranteed to work (apart from presenting yourself in person with a valid id, and that isn't foolproof either) just as access to credit cards or other payment methods is no guarantee that they are of appropriate age.

These changes seem to be a knee-jerk reaction to something that, if it ever was a problem, should have been resolved appropriately years ago.
Brandybee

« #11 : August 09, 2014, 08:23:44 AM »

It's always a difficult one to solve,  clever kids will always get around the measures.

As long as Achat is showing they are trying though to discourage such use, they will stay in force.

If the freeuser makes one payment to verify age, the cens-ors will go away and you can gift as you did before. 

Concerto

« #12 : August 09, 2014, 02:06:10 PM »

and you can gift as you did before.

Not true. It was rare that I would gift someone who has already demonstrated their ability to pay and has then obviously had experience as a premium user.

The whole point of the three day pass was that it could effectively only be gifted, i.e. you could only purchase it with $Achat and you could only get $Achat dollars by having them gifted (ok, sure, it was also possible to buy one with $Achat dollars that you had left over when your monthly/annual subscription expired but I doubt whether any/many people did that), and it enabled new users to experience life as a premium user for long enough to see whether they wanted to continue playing.

Achat could have still required credit card confirmation in order to purchase the three day pass with $Achat and they could have eliminated premium functionality once the three days expired. As I keep pointing out, little thought has gone into their knee jerk reactions and the changes they are making adversely affect the paying customers as much as, if not more than, the new users.

Covems
: 1688

« #13 : August 10, 2014, 05:23:50 AM »

While I can see AChat's point of wanting to protect themselves, I have to agree with Susan on this one.  I often gifted new users enough A$ to not only get a 3 day pass but also to buy themselves a new outfit to wear.  It gave them the chance to experience AChat on the premium level, which I like to think was a selling point for them to join the community, plus it allowed them to change their avatars in some small way.  I would also use it to recruit people from other sites I was using.

With the method that has been put into place, I can no longer help sell AChat to new users via the experience of a premium subscription.

*Be good or at least be good at what you are doing*
FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #14 : August 10, 2014, 09:26:45 AM »

They need  a new system ..

I am sure they are working on it.
All business work on making there business grow economically

I myself  invited my friends  and some have  joined  some have not

But I feel they need more features  to keep them interested in the game

its not just  Cybersex  that keep's  consumers  Coming Back...

I look to the Future of what Achat Has to  offer ..

And   I would like to Thank them  for  me they  are  doing  alright 
we might not get all we  want but  they  have  given us    good things to ....

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: