*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Slip of the pen (Report bugs) (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  A odd bug indeed
« previous next »
: [1]
: A odd bug indeed  ( 18312 )
Kaitlyn72

« : March 21, 2015, 08:37:48 PM »

Ok super head scratcher here and a bit of a story so...pop soome popcorn and pull up a chair yalls been warned  ;D

My credit card number was stolen last week and my card company was quick to throw up the fence and lock it down. Tyvm awesome people. What they didnt do right was to let pass the charges I told them to, seems they went all slasher on everything, the frauds and my AChat subscription and purchases. I of course threw a shoe at them and repurchased my yearly sub and thought ok lets see what happens with my clothes, I should have to repurchase those as well. A few items in the shop have the owned tag vanish but still show in AChat as owned. Others dont show as owned in AChat but show as owned in the shop. mass confusion. but the bug, ah here is the annoying part. I cant change clothes or update my profile. Any change at all, and when I hit save changes my cursor spins indefinitely. No searching no nothing other than chat until it stops spinning (which doesnt happen) If I log out and back in my clothes revert back to what they were. I thought maybe it was due to my outfit have items I no longer 'owned' so I repurchased them...no effect. I tried uninstalling AChat and downloading everything including the high def pack, no effect. Somebody suggested it was my firewall or router. My thought is if it was then AChat wouldn't connect at all. plus there has been no change to that equipment recently so not likely.
Lover
: 10350

« #1 : March 22, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »

I'm sorry they stole your credit card number Kaitlyn. Thanks god you noticed it so quick.

It's really very strange. Have you bought poses and are you able to use them? Are all  clothes causing these troubles or can you buy new stuff and wear it?

Sometimes it really happens, that any software is causing this trouble. A firewall, anti-virus, even skype app in firefox can do this. When you reinstalled AChat, did you remove the AChat folder before too? Very often the folder is not removed and if you install AChat, it takes the old folder - which means troubles again. You can try this too, if the other ways don't work.

Kaitlyn72

« #2 : March 22, 2015, 01:33:59 PM »

-UPDATE-

I removed everything in game, reverting back to the original model and was able to save. You're welcome to everybody that whistled at me being naked in the search window. Anyways I was able to put 1 piece on at a time and save each time. There is a piece of clothing or makeup...something that I had on that billing/account services is pulling/has pulled that conflict bugged me.  Now the problem still remains though. There is a dependency between the shop and my wardrobe in game. They don't show the same items as available/owned.
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #3 : March 22, 2015, 06:53:19 PM »

Send a ticket to  "Support"  on the same top bar as Forum above.  Hopefully they will be able to look at your account and correct any discrepancies.

Let us know how you get on.

It can take them up to 5 days to reply. If you dont receive a reply, resend your complaint.

Good Luck. Let us know how you get on.

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Sam_Hawke
: 212

Mama don't let your Babies grow up to be Cowboys

« #4 : March 22, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »

DAMMIT, I missed seeing you naked???

hmmm, well, since everyone else saw....maybe you could give me a peek?

LOL.

Willie Nelson=My Heros have always been Cowboys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxTL0zwD6t0
Kaitlyn72

« #5 : March 22, 2015, 07:14:59 PM »

I sent the ticket day 1  ;D I just could sit in the same clothes without poking around and trying everything I could to isolate and identify the problem. My wardrobe is still a minefield of potential freezes  but at least I know how to get around the issue.
Kaitlyn72

« #6 : March 22, 2015, 07:41:54 PM »

DAMMIT, I missed seeing you naked???

hmmm, well, since everyone else saw....maybe you could give me a peek?

LOL.

I got covered up quick by a helpful gent but a security cam caught a quick snap. Enjoy

Sam_Hawke
: 212

Mama don't let your Babies grow up to be Cowboys

« #7 : March 22, 2015, 07:54:07 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Willie Nelson=My Heros have always been Cowboys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxTL0zwD6t0
Kaitlyn72

« #8 : March 23, 2015, 09:13:43 AM »

-Update #2-

Ok my workaround was very effective and this morning at the crazy early 5:30am I received a email from the code gods.  Their conclusion mirrored my trouble shooting and asked me to try out various outfits, sure why not lol. Yes, everything works again great, poses, clothes, makeup, jewelry can all be changed and saved without endless icon spinning. The solution to the bug was for a reset of my clothing and intimate attire closets.  Now the website shop and AChat mirror each other as to what is available and no freezing.

Thank you to Brandy Bee, Auswoody, and Tangoracer for being so helpful and throwing 'try this's at me to help narrow down and confirm the cause of the devious bug. A special thanks to the support department for jumping on my ticket so quickly and early.  Much love and hugs to y'all.  ❤❤❤
AusWoody
: 2044

Never push a loyal person to the breaking point

MSN Messenger - mick.woodman@gmail.com
« #9 : March 23, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »

YAY  thank you achat code gods
and your welcome  to whatever small part i played in your  cure Kaitlyn
hugs and kisses

Join us in the The Achat Square meeting place for broad-minded  adults - fun and games - http://achatsquare.chatango.com

Mean What I Say  -  Say What I Me
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #10 : March 23, 2015, 09:22:19 AM »

Yayyyyyy. Problem solved.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Thanks Achat for acting promptly.

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Lover
: 10350

« #11 : March 23, 2015, 09:59:50 AM »

Great news :)

: [1]  
« previous next »
: