*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Upgrades and newly added features (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  why remove the character type ?
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: why remove the character type ?  ( 18352 )
bozorg
: 2

« : April 17, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »

Hello,

This is by the way my personal thoughts on this modification of the character profile.
I just noticed but the character type (sex maniac, romantic ...) disapeared and was replaced by the "Gifting"  option. Gifts were already asked in description areas, so I don't think this was needed. On the contrary, the type could give some people more information on the personality or possible affinities.

I personally don't think it's for the best or at least put both options.

Thanks for all the work.

Boz
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #1 : April 17, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »

Hi ya  bozorg,

Welcome to forum.  Thank you for posting and bringing the update to our notice so quickly.

Please introduce yourself to the rest of the Forum Village.

Forum Homepage / Organisations & Events / Introduce yourself http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/board,22.0.html

I have checked the update and you are right we have lost our "Character" -  Passionate, Romantic, Sex Maniac, talkative in the profile

and it has been replaced with  " I Expect / Send Gifts"  and  "I dont expect / send gifts. 

This is also an addition in the search facility.

I suspect therefore that the update is to try and find a solution to the many complaints about whores in the game.  The idea to address it , is members can search and edit out people asking for gifts or failing to fill it in on their profile.

It may or may not work.   Only time will tell.

I thank Achat for at least trying to address the issue following the large number of complaints we receive about it.

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Lover
: 10350

« #2 : April 17, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »

The old character checkbox was not really meaningful. It's not really a loss IMO.
Those who expect gifts, don't have to write it in their banner now. And those, who don't want to pay for sex now can see who is a whore.

I'm with Brandy - I think we all know the reason they have changed it and only time will tell if it works.

Nat33
: 2208

French Nympho Shemale

« #3 : April 17, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »

Hello,
yes I saw that, but the problem is that many beggars players will check nothing so...  ::)

I'm here for the pleasure of my body and my... mind
FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #4 : April 17, 2015, 07:02:57 PM »

I dont think it will help any ..it is just wasted space on the profile

it be nice they can  work on all the profile  then wast more space 

and I like the old character checkbox..

then the gift one 

my opine who cares about the gift and who is whoring ..

I just ignore all that  easy  no drama  for me ...

I want more space on my PROFILE!
« : April 17, 2015, 07:05:02 PM FoxyRoxxy »

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
Kaitlyn72

« #5 : April 17, 2015, 08:47:04 PM »

The gifting check could be nice for the guys. I haven't seen any manwhores so meh. That said, the personality types was nice to a point. Though most guys I have seen check them all anyways lol. Maybe a good old fashioned text block profile would be best. Hard to say you are romantic if you cant put some freestyle mojo on your profile.
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #6 : April 18, 2015, 04:02:36 AM »

Let's face it....how many of you check jusyt using character type!? not so much, I think......Indeed, it will be more usefull to have both the optin, that's for sure!

Soniaslut
: 851

I LICKED IT. SO IT'S MINE.

« #7 : April 18, 2015, 09:15:39 AM »

I think it's a good addition, though like the gifting system itself is open to abuse by unscrupulous members.  It's helpful if everyone is honest about whether they  expect gifts or not, but obviously some won't offer the information until they hit on you for "a little gift".
As for losing the character type boxes, I never used them to decide whether to chat with anyone, so don't see the removal as a loss.

leighdeexxx
: 1064

« #8 : April 18, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »

The gifting check could be nice for the guys. I haven't seen any manwhores so meh. That said, the personality types was nice to a point. Though most guys I have seen check them all anyways lol. Maybe a good old fashioned text block profile would be best. Hard to say you are romantic if you cant put some freestyle mojo on your profile.

I agree with you Kate...I think more space to show and prove would be an awesome way to see exactly who is what, or who are just full of shit. On my own I checked talkative, and I noticed it brought me guys who definitely could match my talkative nature ;)  So yea I would rather have that back or in an addition to the gifting thing. I think it is pointless but hey I am not one of those advertising for them so eh c'est la vie!
« : April 18, 2015, 10:00:18 AM leighdeexxx »
Wetbone
: 40

« #9 : April 18, 2015, 11:25:05 AM »

In my opinion it makes only sense if the User has to choose one of the three opportunities. Otherwise it doesnt matter...

The shortest way between two persons is a smile! :)
Nat33

French Nympho Shemale

« #10 : April 18, 2015, 01:08:28 PM »

In my opinion it makes only sense if the User has to choose one of the three opportunities. Otherwise it doesnt matter...

Hi,
Yes Wetbone is what I have argued previously, nobody will check one option so it's useless  :(
Go go go beggars of sex, you can continue  ;D

It's true that if we had more space to write a short presentation that's would be good.
When they changed the "country" for the "short info" I didn't like either because newcomers don't put the country, so the spoken language.

Nat33

French Nympho Shemale

« #11 : April 19, 2015, 11:56:17 PM »

Hello,

They handed the indication "Country" I had not even seen!  ::)
A good thing  ;)

FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #12 : April 20, 2015, 09:47:16 AM »

I would like to have the option to not check on any really.

I would leave all blank .

none if  it that matters to me

as  Nat says    more space

I would much rather read a personnel  presentation  by the  member

then check box's.. 8)

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
Misdevious
: 367

« #13 : April 20, 2015, 04:03:37 PM »

Personally I think it gives the message that achat condones the pay to play types.  Which may make them money in the short term, but in the long term I have seen many friends completely leaving the game because of it.  Pay me now or pay me later, but you're still going to pay me.  I guess achat needs to decide which financial model will benefit them most in the long term.  I don't see the game keeping many if it becomes dominated by pay to play, so much easier for a guy to dial a 900 number or view a webcam show.  The beauty of achat is that it's TWO people looking for a good time, and not one wanting to masturbate while the other fakes their way through it for money. 

I did use the personality box ;)  I like other talkative people. 
AusWoody
: 2044

Never push a loyal person to the breaking point

MSN Messenger - mick.woodman@gmail.com
« #14 : April 20, 2015, 04:27:31 PM »

Personally I think it gives the message that achat condones the pay to play types.  Which may make them money in the short term, but in the long term I have seen many friends completely leaving the game because of it.  Pay me now or pay me later, but you're still going to pay me.  I guess achat needs to decide which financial model will benefit them most in the long term.  I don't see the game keeping many if it becomes dominated by pay to play, so much easier for a guy to dial a 900 number or view a webcam show.  The beauty of achat is that it's TWO people looking for a good time, and not one wanting to masturbate while the other fakes their way through it for money. 

I did use the personality box ;)  I like other talkative people. 

Hear Hear Misdevious, pay for play  might be somes cuppa tea but not mine  would make playing here like work  lol
not to worry  i never heard of anyman charging top room.  oh wait i do recall one, lol if you can call him a man.

i do think the gifting selector  has value i allows me to filter out those that demand it and let you know by clicking the appropriate button.

i like to see  more space and a associated note  area on other peoples profile, or maybe  just for friends lovers and spouses where notes can be  kept.

Join us in the The Achat Square meeting place for broad-minded  adults - fun and games - http://achatsquare.chatango.com

Mean What I Say  -  Say What I Me
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: