*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Organizations & Events
| |-+  Events (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  St Patricks Day
« previous next »
: [1]
: St Patricks Day  ( 5850 )
minni91
: 114

Minni Mouse

« : February 16, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »

You are invited to celebrate ST Patricks Day 2017
FRIDAY 17TH MARCH 2017
ALL MEETING PLACES, All day event, Lots of pictures wanted, the sillier the better!
Girls in GREEN
Guys in GREEN

Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #1 : February 17, 2017, 05:45:43 AM »

What a great idea.

Saint Patrick's Day, or the Feast of Saint Patrick (Irish: Lá Fhéile Pádraig, "the Day of the Festival of Patrick"), is a cultural and religious celebration held on 17 March, the traditional death date of Saint Patrick (c. AD 385–461), the foremost patron saint of Ireland.

Saint Patrick's Day is a public holiday in the Republic of IrelandNorthern Ireland.

Now,  it is celebrated in many countries with Irish influences.
On St Patrick's Day it is customary to wear shamrocks and/or green clothing or accessories (the "wearing of the green").
St Patrick is said to have used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagan Irish.

20 Interesting facts about Ireland :

1. Halloween was derived from an Irish festival called Samhain.

2. Irishman James Hoban  designed  " The White House" - The USA President's Residence.

3. St. Patrick’s clearing of the Emerald Isle of snakes isn’t true. There have never been any snakes in Ireland

4. St. Patrick was not actually Irish, he was Roman

5. The longest place name in Ireland is Muckanaghederdauhaulia.

6. In Ireland, lakes are known as loughs (pronounced as locks)

7. Gaelic is the commonly spoken language in Ireland, next to Irish and English.

8. According to the Irish birthday traditions, people hold the birthday child upside down and bump the head slightly on the floor. The bumps correspond to the age of the child. It is believed that this tradition brings good luck.

9. Titanic, the Unsinkable ship, which sunk in its maiden voyage, was made in Ireland.

10. The Tara mine near Narvan is the largest zinc mine in Europe, and fifth largest in the world

11. Ireland has had its own Olympics since the Bronze Age, called the Tailteann Games.

12. The term ‘boycott’ comes from Irishman Captain James Boycott.

13. Ireland’s oldest pub, Sean’s Bar, was founded some 900 years ago

14. Ireland is the only country in the EU where abortion is still illegal

15. There are more Irish people living OUTside of Ireland than in.

16. Ireland’s most famous musical export is U2.

17. According to Census 2011, most of the Irish population identifies themselves as Roman Catholic (84%).

18. Ireland’s most famous include Michael Fassbender, Pierce Brosnan, Cillian Murphy and Colin Farrell.

19. Drisheen is a type of pudding made from cow’s, pigs or sheep’s blood. White pudding is a mixture of pork, cereal, bread, fat and suet. Periwinkles are sea snails boiled in salted water.

20. The harp, also known as the national symbol of Ireland, the Celtic cross, the shamrock and the Irish wolfhound are all well known Irish symbols.

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh    (Greetings of the Feast day of Patrick on you)

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Lydiarose
: 974

Bitch's Corner

« #2 : February 17, 2017, 12:43:01 PM »

21 Waterford is the oldest city in Ireland, Viking raiders first established a settlement near Waterford in 853

and as for snakes in Ireland we do have but they have two legs now and as for the unsinkable ship Brandy you have to put that down to Northern Ireland who are part of the uk sorry lol
 ps to my friends in the USA Waterford Crystal is name of a Factory in Waterford city 

Vaughan
: 2808

Reborn by her Master like larva to a Butterfly...

« #3 : February 17, 2017, 01:54:17 PM »

I'll be dressing in green that day too.   Lets Party.

Her kisses left something to be desired ... mmm ... the rest of her.
sexilicious
: 2755

« #4 : February 17, 2017, 04:24:35 PM »

No no Vaughan you should wear red then we can all pinch you

GsCougar

« #5 : March 16, 2017, 08:26:06 PM »

á Fhéile Pádraig

Happy St. Paddy Day :)

As you can see we was the first in green
Hope more Pics will follow

Hope4U
: 9

Hope4U

« #6 : March 17, 2017, 04:10:19 PM »

;D I've been in green the past few days so that I would be sure to have it on for today LOL Happy St Patrick's Day
ItsAmy123
: 705

*Go Beyond The Reason To Love*

« #7 : March 17, 2017, 11:00:01 PM »

Feeling Festive! ;D

raluca93
: 146

« #8 : March 18, 2017, 06:17:29 AM »

Don't know where you did get your Informations and "facts".
Or did you learn from Trump "alternative facts" :D :D

http://abortion-clinics.eu/abortion-europe/abortion-prohibited/

Nothern Ireland is Part of the UK, and the Brexit isnt done til now.
Malta and Poland are members of the Eu since 2004.

Charles Cunnigham Boycott wasnt irish, he was british.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Boycott

So there are 18 "alternative facts" bout ireland :) after reading for the first time at the very first view.
unfortunately i havent the time to check them out, f.e. the question, who is an irishman?
the man with an irish passport or with an irish great-great-grandfather?

My favorite Irish man is this big boy with a big heart:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeHYeaDj23A
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rea_Garvey

Happy St. Patrick's Day all my friends :)
« : March 19, 2017, 02:10:01 AM raluca93 »

Lydiarose
: 974

Bitch's Corner

« #9 : August 22, 2017, 04:32:19 AM »

As a person who has a irish mum and dad but was born in uk but move back to Ireland when I was 10, how after all the years in Ireland I am still called  that English girl and when I go back to Liverpool my home city they call me that irish girl, so you see I just can't win   

: [1]  
« previous next »
: