*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  A-Team ask you (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Cant open ACHAT
« previous next »
: [1]
: Cant open ACHAT  ( 6993 )
xxxmarissaxx
: 2

« : August 09, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »

Every time i try to open AChat i get a error report saying windows has closed the program.........i have checked my firewall etc and the programm is not blocked...any help greatly appreciated
Pandorra
: 507

« #1 : August 09, 2017, 04:48:47 PM »

Did you try to install it again?

Lover
: 10350

« #2 : August 10, 2017, 08:56:33 AM »

WWindows has closed it? Do you have defender or win antivirus running?

GsCougar

« #3 : August 10, 2017, 01:49:26 PM »

Hi  Marissa,

it might will help if you tell what kind of WINDOWS you running :)

like WIN 10 Pro latest update
Version 1703
64-Bit

Windows 10 is now pushing users to upgrade to the latest update
MICROSOFT will now prompt those running the original version of Windows 10 to update their operating system in an effort to avoid malware.

Windows 10 will now prompt users to upgrade their operating system.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

The original version of the cross-device operating system will now ask users to update in an effort to avoid the spreadable of avoidable malware.

The Redmond technology company has confirmed that it will be pushing out notification to users still running Windows 10 version 1507.

This notification warns them the software is now deemed "end of service" and will no longer receive monthly security patches.

Microsoft will push users to upgrade the system.

Tapping the handy button included in the new notification will fast-track users to the latest version of the operating system – at present, Creators Update.

I had and still have problems with some software and Browsers now.

EG. My Mozilla DONT LIKE ACHAT NO MORE  it always tells me it wont open cuz the signature is false.

SO

if you just had THAT win 10 upgrade Creators Update :)
welcome to the club :)

many sites who using maleware or other spys will be still blocked

Dont ask me where to unblock  still havent found

But maybe you write the AChat SUPPORT with Details about your OS what you using

They should help-----they want to make money with you :) so they need to look that there Client is running under a few diffrent OS :)

Hope you get it fixed
Have fun

and maybe tell us how you got help

waves
GsCougar
Lawesome
: 8

I am LAWESOME!

« #4 : August 14, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »

I'm pretty good with computers, so I have a few suggestions.  8)

1) Uninstall, and reinstall achat

2) Unplug the power cord, and wait for the laptop to be COMPLETELY DEAD, and then try to turn it on, while it is completely dead. IF you have a PC, just unplug it and press the power button to completely drain the power. Then, reinsert the cord, and turn the computer on.

3) Disable your antivirus software completely

4) Right click on the shortcut for achat, or the .exe program, and click "properties." Enable where it says "Open As Administrator." You may have to check several tabs.

If these don't work, you can try to be a little more specific, and I'll see if I can come up with better solutions.

: 8

Crave the Maeve, baby!

« #5 : August 15, 2017, 05:18:24 PM »

I agree with this. I didn't know you had to drain the power, tho.

I'm pretty good with computers, so I have a few suggestions.  8)

1) Uninstall, and reinstall achat

2) Unplug the power cord, and wait for the laptop to be COMPLETELY DEAD, and then try to turn it on, while it is completely dead. IF you have a PC, just unplug it and press the power button to completely drain the power. Then, reinsert the cord, and turn the computer on.

3) Disable your antivirus software completely

4) Right click on the shortcut for achat, or the .exe program, and click "properties." Enable where it says "Open As Administrator." You may have to check several tabs.

If these don't work, you can try to be a little more specific, and I'll see if I can come up with better solutions.

xxxmarissaxx
: 2

« #6 : August 18, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »

thanks, ive tried many of your suggestions, now working with achat support.........im not very computer savvy so hopefully they'll get it sorted for me.
Jhoanna
: 14

Be respectful

« #7 : August 19, 2017, 05:09:40 AM »

DirectX 9 ?  Did you install them?

Be respectful
Pandorra

« #8 : August 19, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »

DirectX 9 is outdated. Since Win7 it is already 11.something and comes with the OS-install. There should be no need to hussle with this.

Jhoanna

Be respectful

« #9 : August 19, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »

Yes true windows 7  have Dx11, but dx 11 or 12 does not have some dll dx 9, many games like this do not work correcly in windows 10 without this dll  dx 9.
« : August 19, 2017, 04:55:40 PM Jhoanna »

Be respectful
Pandorra

« #10 : August 20, 2017, 02:48:05 AM »

Perhaps, though I can not affirm this. I run AChat on several computers without issues. And I never tweaked directX on any of those.

Jhoanna

Be respectful

« #11 : August 20, 2017, 05:06:31 AM »

I happened with some games that do not install DirectX 9, for example in Windows 10 Pro 64 the d3dx9.dll and d3dx9_28.dll files are missing, if you have installed a game that has installed dx9 everything works fine. Maybe this is not the case with xxxmarissaxx, but it happened to me.

Be respectful
: [1]  
« previous next »
: