*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  PC Thermal Shutdown when running the Achat client
« previous next »
: [1]
: PC Thermal Shutdown when running the Achat client  ( 7337 )
SireniaAilyn
: 104

Nothings forever,so count your days!

« : July 05, 2015, 12:54:15 PM »

It does nothing but shut my pc down (thermal protection) after about 10 mins of being in the client.I can run other chat platforms like IMVU and Second Life just fine...suggestions?

Hard_Willy
: 10

« #1 : July 05, 2015, 01:19:34 PM »

Ever clean out your CPU cooling fins?  First thing I would look at.  Some compressed air does wonders.
dirtyElena
: 205

« #2 : July 05, 2015, 05:23:43 PM »

#1 You should totaly check your Fans and cooling elements for extreme dust and maybe pet hair if you have any. (Please be carefull with compressed air or vacuum cleaners. Make sure that the fans won't rotate while using those. Because a fast rotating fan works like an electro motor and will indicate voltage on your hardware. You do not want that!)

#2 Could you specify your Hardware build please.
CPU, Graphics card, RAM (or model of your PC/Notebook and age)

#3 Check your Task Manager, how much CPU Usage do you have while idle and running the client?

#4 If it is your graphics card which overheats, it may help if you UNcheck "enable advanced graphics" in the settings and restart the client.

greetings
Elena
« : July 05, 2015, 05:32:27 PM dirtyElena »
Lover
: 10350

« #3 : July 06, 2015, 02:47:48 AM »

Hard_Willy and Elena are right. I don't think it's AChat, nobody had a similar problem before. And other clients are using much more energy. Maybe there is an app, causing troubles while using AChat? For example, we know that skype, installed as app in firefox, can cause troubles while you can use skype as standalone-version without any problems.

dirtyElena
: 205

« #4 : July 15, 2015, 07:36:13 AM »

Hello OP,

have you tried anything? Has it worked?

greetings
Elena
« : July 15, 2015, 07:42:57 AM dirtyElena »
FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #5 : July 15, 2015, 07:54:26 AM »

Try  reinstalling  Achat   

some tips

http://www.powersolution.com/computer-running-too-slow-top-1-reasons-why-and-tips-on-how-to-fix-it/

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
: [1]  
« previous next »
: