*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Organizations & Events
| |-+  Personal Ads (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Better Fitness equals Better Sex
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Better Fitness equals Better Sex  ( 12579 )
AusWoody
: 2044

Never push a loyal person to the breaking point

MSN Messenger - mick.woodman@gmail.com
« #15 : February 25, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »

Relay of Doom
Equipment needed: Cones, Mats and an open field
Time: 40 minutes
Set up
You will need 3 stations set up in a giant triangle with approx 100m between cones. Create cards for each station with the exercise written on it.
Campers need to be split into teams of 4. Ensure handicapping so that faster members are paired with slower members (what’s handicapping?).
How it works
Campers move around the stations like a relay, which just one team member running between stations at a time. When the runner arrives at a station they high five their teammate you runs on to the next station. The teammates who are waiting at stations do the exercise on the card.
Teams stop once one team has completed four rounds of the circuit.
Take a short break and then go on to the next circuit.
Circuits
Circuit 1:
1.   Push Ups
2.   Split Squats
3.   Plank with twist
Circuit 2:
1.   Power Jacks
2.   Side Plank Hip Drops (swap sides every 5 reps)
3.   Glute Bridge
Circuit 3:
1.   Mountain Climbers
2.   Dive Bombers
3.   Plank Clocks
Circuit 4:
1.   Wide-feet Squat Thrusts
2.   Plank
3.   Rolling Get Ups
This workout comes from the BootCraft archives.
P.S.
Our epic Bootcamp Bundle which I teamed up with UniqueBootcampWorkouts.com for (you may have heard it called the Mother-Ship), blasts off soon and will no longer be available. The bundle deal ends strictly at 10am Friday 26th of February (AEDT). Note that is Australia time, so it might end on Thursday for you.

Join us in the The Achat Square meeting place for broad-minded  adults - fun and games - http://achatsquare.chatango.com

Mean What I Say  -  Say What I Me
AusWoody

« #16 : April 29, 2016, 07:28:56 AM »

No More Sit Ups – 16 Core Alternatives

As trainers, we should know that sit ups are utterly overrated as an exercise for developing the core. Not only does it tend to favour the rectus femoris and rectus abdominis to the exclusion of the poor obliques and transverse abdominis, it also places a lot of shear stress on the spine which is a really great way to exacerbate existing disc injuries.

So next time you are thinking of a core exercise to use in your workout, instead of just throwing in sit ups, try out one of these core exercises instead. Your client’s spines and core strength with thank you.

Planks
Planks are a great way to get clients up off the ground and working their core by creating stability.
Below are some ways to make your planks more interesting and rep based (instead of time based).

1. Plank Rocks
Instructions:
This is a good exercise for making the good old plank a little more interesting. It is quite subtle though, campers will need to focus.resi
Start in a regular plank position. Dig your elbows and toes in. Brace core.
By digging your elbows in, pull your shoulders forward over your hands. Resist the movement with your feet. Pull forward with elbows, resist with toes.
Rock back to the starting position and repeat.
If tension isn’t created through the body it will just feel like you are rocking back and forth not doing anything.

2. Plank with Forward Reach
Instructions:
From a plank position reach one arm straight out in front of you gently supinating the wrist. Bring the arm back in and repeat with the other side.
Ensure a neutral spine is kept and there is minimal movement through the hips. You can make this movement easier by spreading the legs.

3. Plank with Lateral Hand Tap
Instructions:
From a plank position reach one arm out to the side and tap the ground with your hand. Bring the arm back in and repeat with the other side.
Ensure a neutral spine is kept and there is minimal movement through the hips. You can make this movement easier by spreading the legs.

4. Plank Clocks
Instructions:
Start in a push up position. Keeping your feet in one place, walk your hands about 190 degrees, just like the hand of a clock (your feet being in the centre of the clock and your hands the extremity of the clock hand). From there, walk the hands back to the original position.
Keep the core tight and avoid rocking the hips. These can also be done with the feet up on a step, bench or tyre to increase the difficulty.
Sometimes referred to as Around The Worlds.

5. Suicide Plank
Instructions:
Start in a high plank (top of a push up) position. Walk your hands down to an elbow plank position. Walk hands back to the push up position.
Repeat – this time lead with your other arm.
Sometimes called Plank Up Downs or Plank to Push Up.

6. Scapula Push Ups
Instructions:
Great as a mobility exercise, not just a core exercise.
begin in a push up position.
keeping the elbows and arms straight retract the scapula.
then protract.
continue for reps.
many clients have trouble with this feeling, try starting them standing up doing it on a wall.
use your hands on their back so your clients can feel their scapula moving.

7. T Switches
Instructions:
Start in a pushup position, lift one hand up and reach it towards the sky. This should put you into a straight arm side plank. Bring the arm back down and repeat with the other side.

8. Rope Plank Slam
Instructions:
Make a plank more interesting by adding a rope.
Get in a straight arm plank with the end of the rope in front of you. Brace core and lift one hand off the ground. Maintain a neutral position. Begin slamming the rope.

9. Partner High 5 Plank
Instructions:
Plank on hands facing your partner and slap 5 with opposite hands.

Side Planks
Get your clients to challenge their core from a different direction with these side plank variations.

10. Side Plank Gravediggers
Instructions:
Begin in a regular side plank position. Lift your free arm and tuck your fingers behind you ear. Rotate your top shoulder forward lowering your top elbow towards the ground.
Keep on rotating until your elbow touches the ground. Return back to the starting side plank position. You have now done one rep.

11. Side Plank Leg Raises
Instructions:
Get into an elbow side plank with your feet stacked on top of each other.

12. Side Plank Hip Drops
Instructions:
Start in a side plank. Drop the hip and lightly touch the ground. From there raise the hips and resume a straight side plank again.
Can be done on your elbow or with the arm straight and hand on the ground.

13. Rope Side Plank Pull Ins
Instructions:
Just like the Plank Slam, you can make your side planks much more interesting with a rope. Just start with the rope laid out in a line in-front of the client.
Start in a side plank facing one end of the rope. Grab the rope with your arm that is not supporting you and pull it towards you. Release and pull it a bit further towards you. Continue until the rope is in a pile in front of you. Drag it out in a line again and the repeat on your other side.

Crunches and Similar
Performed correctly, crunches can be a great way to get clients to learn how to engage their abdominals correctly.

14. Flutter Kicks
Instructions:
Lie supine and place your hands under your butt. Raise both legs so the feet are above the hips. Keep the core braced while making a scissor like motion with the legs.
Adjust the difficulty with range of motion and how high or low the legs are.
Sometimes known as Scissor Kicks.

15. Knees Up Crunches
Instructions:
Pop your hands behind your head to support your neck. Keep the knees over the hips and the knees at 90 degrees.

16. Stir The Pot
Instructions:
Sit in a Russian Twist position. Clasp hands and move in a stirring motion like stirring a giant pot while bracing abs.

« : May 02, 2016, 05:17:16 PM AusWoody »

Join us in the The Achat Square meeting place for broad-minded  adults - fun and games - http://achatsquare.chatango.com

AusWoody

« #17 : May 15, 2016, 08:36:35 PM »

What is functional fitness and how can it help you?

You may have heard the term "functional fitness"
and wonder what exactly it means.

Functional fitness is being able to perform every
day activities such as climbing stairs, open and
closing jars, getting up and down from a seated
position, placing something overhead, carrying
groceries, and tying your shoes and so on.

Abilities that we all want and need to be able to
do and keep doing right through our lives.

Functional fitness refers to how well you are
able to do all the physical tasks you need to do
each day.

For example, if you are functionally fit, you can
carry a bag of groceries without strain, bend down
to pick up laundry from the floor without pulling a
muscle, lift a child without injuring your back
or even perform regular exercise without breaking
something.

We tend to have repetitive movement patterns in
our daily lives which can cause weakness and
imbalances in our muscular system which can then
leave us at risk of injury.

Its a sad fact but, people get admitted to nursing
homes when they can no longer do the necessary
tasks and activities of daily living.

To be blunt, they have neglected their functional
strength and fitness.

Then the burden (and cost) falls on someone else to
take care of them which can mean family, friends or
the community. So, we all end up paying.

To avoid this we ALL need to take the time to
strengthen and condition our bodies to successfully
perform the physical movements we all encounter
during work, sport or simply life itself.

You may find the tasks and activities of daily
living easy for you now but what is your plan
to keep it that way?

Your functional ability MUST be your priority.
It will impact the way you do everything in your
life.

No matter whether you are a stay-at-home-mum
or a construction worker.sometimes, it's time to
hit the "reset" button and improve your
fundamentals...

... before it's too late.

FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #18 : September 03, 2016, 05:51:54 PM »

1  2     3  4     ;D

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
Kaitlyn1989

« #19 : September 03, 2016, 10:20:39 PM »

Does  hula hoop count?   Just asking.

FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #20 : September 20, 2016, 11:11:03 AM »

It works   ;D

How said workout is not  fun

Camel Toe Envy

Zumba

Hot and Sweaty

That was a good workout  now a steamy shower  :D

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
Kaitlyn1989

« #21 : September 21, 2016, 01:59:57 AM »

Oh, LUCKY Me ..........

I managed to find a way to exercise and get what I have been looking for in here, but for some unknown reason have been having a very difficult time finding someone that wants to share. Maybe I am doing something wrong, like being forward because I know what I want. Scaring men, maybe boys, away. I thought they would want an aggressive girl, guess not, I have found it causes a condition called "Shrinkage" *giggles*

Well, no matter, PROBLEM solved, I just need to find me an exercise buddy like THIS ONE.

This way I get COCK, EXERCISE and satisfy my ORAL addiction too

Just winder how many of these things I get to do before he EXPLODES, hope not toooo many.

This is HARD
:o :) :-*

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: