*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Quick-Start Guides (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  New (User Made) Quick-Start Guide
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: New (User Made) Quick-Start Guide  ( 27734 )
himmi
: 35

« #15 : April 22, 2010, 03:01:03 PM »

hi  ;)

great work ... i could translate this into german if you release a final version of this guide

regards himmi

achat is for fun
not for business
go to hell A$-sluts
Sandra92
: 7

« #16 : April 23, 2010, 03:28:23 AM »

just an advice for the development team ...

I really think a short guide like this will help to improve the acceptance and the quality of chatting behaviour in this game. This is important for the user community and the developement team as well. Without acceptance there are less premium accounts to be sold ... disappointed users might think about leaving this community... which means a lack of potentionally nice friends ... and a lack of money to be spend on this.

Its a good starting point to collect develop and discuss  this information in here. Even thoughts related to translations are helpful.

But I dont think it will be helpful to locate this information in this forum. Unfortunately there are too less people in here. Only the ones who are already interested in improving this wonderful game - and they might not need this information....

IMHO .... this really helpful information should be located on the sixth page of the help screen in the game. It will be very easy for users like us to help newbies to find their way in this nice game.

And as a personal note ... for me ... its even more than just a game ... Thanks a lot for developing and improving it!

and never forget ... the most erotic organ ... is to be found upon your shoulders

cheers Sandra
Sandra92

« #17 : April 23, 2010, 04:01:33 AM »

reconsidering my last advice ... I have to put it into perspective.

A better way to publish this kind of helpful information will be different. Thoughts about publishing it on a website are great. To play this game, you have to be online, so there is no reason for putting it into the help screen as fixed information.
However the help scrren should have a hint and a link to the main page of this guide. The main page will need links to subpages with translated information for each language we are able to create. Its important to mention on the help screen that this guide is developed and in sole responsibility of this community and not in responsibility of the developement team to prevent them from liability in case of malpractice.
There are possibilities in using this forum for publishing it. BUT ... we have to use the first thread only to release it and improve it by working it over and over again. No following threads will be useful for this.

I was thinking about its usability ... and we need a fixed account in here who is responsible for updating this kind of information. This account has to be handed over to a new responsibility when the main user is leaving.

I really like this community. Brainstorming with you is great.
« : April 23, 2010, 04:03:26 AM Sandra92 »

and never forget ... the most erotic organ ... is to be found upon your shoulders

cheers Sandra
Lover
: 10350

« #18 : April 23, 2010, 04:15:01 AM »

Yes Sandra, we thought about a possibility to give new users this information. As you say, most don't come around here - and then it's almost too late. So a tip, a permanent link or an insertion for the first x times you login could be a solution.
And of course, after we finished this guide it must be an board possible under support.

I also thought about an own board for different languages. Not only the guide, also for simple questions. We have a french connection here and Corvus will translate to Russian. So why not a German board? A Romanian?
 But I think it's better to ask this in an own topic. What do you think Sandra?

Lover

Sandra92

« #19 : April 23, 2010, 04:25:08 AM »

hi lover,

I made experiences with many other boards so far ... and due to the fact that the main software is built in english the main structure in here should use this language as well.
Other language options might follow .... but the concentration and publishing of information will be more difficult.
I dont think we should discuss this topic in this thread... its leading into different directions.
« : April 25, 2010, 06:52:06 AM Sandra92 »

cheers Sandra
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #20 : April 25, 2010, 06:49:10 PM »

To bring it back on topic... are there any other do's or don'ts that we can think of?

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
himmi
: 35

« #21 : May 09, 2010, 02:33:46 PM »

heyho ppl :)

lover gave me a german "beta" version of the guide ... it was correct so far and i simply added #7 (thought it was good hehe)
so now we just need nr. 7 in good english hehe

->
#7. Use the search-funktion. If you only wanna find people from your home country (because your english or whatever is bad)  click on "Partner Search" and fill your home country in the "Country" field. Achat will filter the members and will show you the members who have the searched country in there profile

regards himmi

achat is for fun
not for business
go to hell A$-sluts
Nicoquin
: 159

« #22 : May 09, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »

hallo Himmi !

i'll try to translate it into French ;)

lol

Nicoquin.

Nicoquin, happy premium user and husband of Friskette
AChat is for fun, not for business !!!
go to hell, you A$ seekers
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #23 : May 10, 2010, 04:31:16 AM »

I want to give my personal gratitude to all those who have aided this project. With ideas, with translations, with your sharing of  perspectives. It has made this a "User Made" Quick Start guide made by users who truly love AChat and want to see it flourish.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Lover

« #24 : May 10, 2010, 05:48:56 AM »

We just finished the Quick-Start Guide. You can find it here http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,364.msg3127.html#msg3127 (http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,364.msg3127.html#msg3127)

If you think something is missing add it here or send a personal note to Janine Dee or to Lover.

We still are searching for people who can translate into other languages, especially Italy,Russian, Romanian, Spain... Call us or reply here please.

I also say thanks for your support, your ideas and your encouragement.

Lover

old_goat
: 450

« #25 : March 23, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »

I have a small problem that I have not seen addressed.
I am color blind.
That means I can not see the difference in the color of the small circle in the upper left corner.
I think it indicates the online status of the user.
I can live with it but think there may be many others who have the same problem.

Lover

« #26 : March 23, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »

Yes old_goat, there are three different colours actually:
Green = User is online and neither in room nor has set state to busy (means ready to chat)
Yellow = User is in room or has set state to busy

Do you have a red-green blindness or are you color-blind at all? To avoid troubles with online/offline people you can use search just for online members, but you might not be able to differ if the user is green or yellow then.

old_goat
: 450

« #27 : March 23, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »

Thanks for the help on the color codes.
My problem is red - green
Will work around it.
Just takes a little longer to work thru the lists.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: