*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Non-english speakers (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Translations for AChat
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 5
: Translations for AChat  ( 64975 )
tom
Administrator
: 336

« : October 15, 2010, 09:00:13 AM »

Hi Friends!

We would like to issue translations for AChat . That means all menus and texts could be appear translated.
Just the translations are missing.  ;D

Here we need your help. If anybody would like to contribute a translation, we will add it to AChat as additional language version. We are looking for help for the following languages: French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish

How can you translate the program? It is rather simple. In the AChat directory under prog_data you can find a file named texts.txt. Open this file with Notepad, translate it using your national character set (not only English characters can be used) , and save it with encoding 'Unicode' (there is an option in Notepad under 'Save As...'). Warning! If you don't choose Unicode encoding you can loose your national characters!!
The result can be seen in AChat immediately, so you can check the result continuously.
WARNING! Upgrades can overwrite this file, so please keep it on a safe place, not only in the prog_data directory!!

It is possible, that some national charcters will not displayed in AChat, but these will be added soon, so the translated text can contain them.

Could you please help to improve AChat experience?

You can send the translations here: achat.translation@gmail.com

Regards,
tom
« : October 16, 2010, 03:38:24 AM tom »
TightFit74
: 2415

« #1 : October 15, 2010, 09:05:24 AM »

Tom,

If you ever need any help on translating to Dutch, just let me know. Always glad to help.

I'll let the other languages to the native speakers.

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
tom
Administrator

« #2 : October 15, 2010, 09:16:28 AM »

Hi TightFit74,

yes, if you can help with Dutch, we will be happy. Just I am not sure we will have all needed special characters.

Regards,
tom
Lover
: 10350

« #3 : October 15, 2010, 09:29:44 AM »

Ok Tom,

I will translate to German.

TightFit74

« #4 : October 15, 2010, 09:35:25 AM »

Tom,

No special characters needed. I'll translate the whole file? How do I get it for you?

Adera
: 3047

« #5 : October 15, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »

Good thing your not considering Achat in swedish, I don't want it in swedish and most swedes are quite good at english. Might be because movies and foreign programs are not dubbed, they just add subtitles.
Lover

« #6 : October 15, 2010, 09:54:42 AM »

If we have done it, which is the best way to send the file to you?

Lover

« #7 : October 15, 2010, 09:56:32 AM »

Adera, if you can choose your language, you may keep the english one ;) but for many people it will be helpful.

Adera

« #8 : October 15, 2010, 10:15:50 AM »

Yes I know, but there's no need for swedish in achat anyway there are far too few swedes here. I know that there are lots of people from France, Germany, Spain, etc that are not very good at english and it will probably be really good for them to have this option.

Btw I don't like to watch tv in countries where they dub alot.
TightFit74

« #9 : October 15, 2010, 10:40:14 AM »

Guys, the translation is for the program itself, the ones who find their own language useful, will probably find people who speak their native tongue and not mix in with the "englsih" pool. I think the more languages available, the better...

Adera

« #10 : October 15, 2010, 11:09:43 AM »

Yeah most try to find people with whom they can comunicate with, but I had a Portugese guy try to hook me up in portugese. I told him I didn't understand but he continued so i checked what he told me in google translate and it was quite rude. Anyway I just ignored him in the end.

Btw I think there are alot of users who would like Achat in russian.
TightFit74

« #11 : October 15, 2010, 02:59:14 PM »

Well, I finished a first version of translating it to dutch, not a small job, about 531 lines to translate. And as I was running AChat a couple of times to adjust the text, AChat started crashing. Maybe I used some unauthorised character in the text that I should have avoided? Would be nice if someone could go over the text and check for bugs? I'm not a programmer...

tom
Administrator

« #12 : October 16, 2010, 03:39:18 AM »

TightFit74!
Please send the translation to the above given mail address, and we will check it.
Regards,
tom
tom
Administrator

« #13 : October 16, 2010, 03:42:04 AM »

If we have done it, which is the best way to send the file to you?

I have added the E-mail address to the original post.
tom
TightFit74

« #14 : October 16, 2010, 04:29:30 AM »

Tom,

the translation is in your inbox (first draft).
I still have to adjust some sentences or words to fit them in the supposed windows, but I can always do that later or send you a revised copy. Let me know if you find anything that interferes with running AChat. Regards,

Tighfit74

: [1] 2 3 ... 5  
« previous next »
: