*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Non-english speakers (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Translations for AChat
« previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5
: Translations for AChat  ( 64675 )
sandra001
: 32

MSN Messenger - sandraaaa1951@live.fr
« #45 : February 27, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »

any news about french translators?
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #46 : February 27, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »

dunno.....Tom, Susy!?

susy_a
Administrator
: 101

« #47 : February 28, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »

Regarding this, we are looking for volunteers.
Lover
: 10350

« #48 : March 01, 2012, 10:54:39 AM »

You justz have to find a french-english speaking person, well enough to translate all files. I'm not able to, my French is much too bad.

Rubella
: 13

« #49 : May 15, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »

Hello Tom, Susy, Lover... and members !

Am I reading that the french translation is getting... well... not so well ? if so, I volunteer to restart/start the job.

I'm french native (and lifetime living) with a pretty good reading in english (but bad speaking, and worst writing, as you shall perceive ! )
But speaking/writing/reading french i'm not so bad.
I already started, to see the feasibility, and i think i can pursue the job to the end, like a good girl.
By the way, did you have some prévious unfinished translated matérial ? That could help.

Of course i will need some proofreaders later to refine the work... And perhaps some place to discuss with them on hard-to-translate words.

Do you feel thrilled ? oops sorry, i meant, do you agree ?

chien_lubrik
: 223

Evelyne

« #50 : May 15, 2012, 09:35:22 AM »

Hello Kind peoples of the DreamWorld's forum.

... I may be volontary too.

I am french speaking ( native ) but I am not very skilled in english. But I may review translation.
I am some kind often here, and I may help if you want.

Please accept my best regards .

Flesh open when Mind Warm
Lover
: 10350

« #51 : May 15, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »

My suggestion to all possible translators:
Send an email to support or a pm to Suzy and Tom and offer your help. It might be better then just to post it here.

Rubella

« #52 : May 15, 2012, 01:06:25 PM »

Wouf wouf Chien_Lubrik  ;) ton "best regard" sera précieux pour débugger le travail... (okay okay that was a bad joke)
Je peux déja te mp quelques soucis que j'ai rencontrés ?

@Lover thank you for the advice. I'll do it !
chien_lubrik

Evelyne

« #53 : May 15, 2012, 01:10:57 PM »

Bonsoir

Bien sur, avec plaisir, si je peux aider , c'est sans probleme.

Humblement.

TightFit74
: 2415

« #54 : May 16, 2012, 02:59:07 AM »

The text for translation, can be found in the root direcrtory of achat, in the folder: prog_data. The name of the file is: texts.txt

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
chien_lubrik

Evelyne

« #55 : May 16, 2012, 06:49:06 AM »

Hello TightFit74

Is that mean if I change the language of the text.txt file, that will translate the Client?

Please accept my best regards.

TightFit74
: 2415

« #56 : May 17, 2012, 12:41:06 AM »

Evelyn,

Yes. If you change the words in the texts.tx file, the text in the game changes. I would advice you, when you start translating, to save the file under a different name and in a different folder.

As the game uses the file as a database, the numbers in front of the text must remain the same. Also it is important to take the amount of letters in a sentence into account. The space is limited in the game, and if the translated sentence is too long, it will not fit the window in the game. It is not too much work, making sure the lines fit, does require some creativity.

Good luck and if you have more questions.. :)

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Rubella

« #57 : May 17, 2012, 02:51:20 AM »

I would add to TightFit recommandations, that some accented letters are already supported by the AChat Client

é è à for the most used, even É

but many other are not and may cause display bugs

as: ê ë and so on

For sharing creativity : http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,1672.0.html
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #58 : May 17, 2012, 02:59:29 AM »

Rubella, you are right....as italian naturally speaking, i use lot of accented letters, so it was necessary ask to the dev-team to add them.

and if it necessary, adding other letters to make the chat works better, i think they gonna do it for sure!
« : May 17, 2012, 04:11:22 AM hentaiboy69 »

tom
Administrator
: 336

« #59 : May 17, 2012, 05:10:12 AM »

Hi Rubella,

we don't have French translation yet, so I cannot show any material which could help. As mentioned, the file 'prog_data\texts.txt' should be translated. It uses unicode, so the special characters should work fine in this file. Other question is the special French characters missing from AChat. Could you please list the missing characters (which will not be displayed right when you type in text in the chat input field)!

Regards,
tom
: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
: