*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Cant upgrade
« previous next »
: [1]
: Cant upgrade  ( 6923 )
Kurt69
: 1

« : February 07, 2012, 07:06:10 PM »

hey there ive read all the "cant upgrade" posts and ive tried all the mentioned  ideas, but none of them are working tried re-stalling tried runnin it with XP SP 3 tried turning onff my fire wall witch iis windows microsoft essentials btw, i was wondering maybe add a manual patch upgrade somewhere, or uploading a new client download with all the patches installed already?

i am a premium member as well
if anyone can help that would be great thanks 
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #1 : February 08, 2012, 01:55:07 AM »

Really dunno how to help you......seems like you had try all, so better use the "Support"page

Lover
: 10350

« #2 : February 08, 2012, 04:10:36 AM »

Hi Kurt,

probably you did it, but are you sure you deleted all existing folders first? Then download the last version and install again.

Do you use an anti-virus program?

pietrcal
: 4

« #3 : May 12, 2012, 04:04:22 PM »

Hi to all, same problem with me on win XP64 platform.
Upgrader starts downloads the first upgrade step but after that i recieve the "upgrade failed message" . I opened the versionupdate.log file

"Checking version and updating as needed...
 Local release: 1
 Server release: 1
 Local version: 279
 Version on the server: 282
 Downloading upgrade_dir\280.7z
 Cannot open extract log for reading!!!
 Could not collect decompressed files !!!"

What could be wrong?

Thanks
Pietr
Lover

« #4 : May 12, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »

Hi Pietr,
did you try all the suggested ways? Close AChat-client, restart your computer and try again. Did you ever had an update bfore that worked or is this your first one?

pietrcal

« #5 : May 12, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »

Hi,
an update neve run on my PC , always the same problem. But i nfound a way to turn around:

The updater downloads the 1st upgrade and the stops because it can't copy the files and proceed.
So u manually copy the files to the program directory, the update manually my version number and run again the updater so it downloads the next one-

It'a lot of cut and paste work , but i works

:)
Lover

« #6 : May 12, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »

I see Pietr.. but I'm glad you found a way to make it work:)

pietrcal

« #7 : May 12, 2012, 05:54:58 PM »

Just installled new test version....... Really good but requires to reinstall updates from 34 to 82..

No way to maje updates work automaticlly on my platform?
medjai
: 415

« #8 : May 16, 2012, 11:20:25 AM »

I'm not very familiar with your platform but seems to me like it's just a matter of permissions, so you may wanna try execute achat as administrator and see if it works
: [1]  
« previous next »
: