*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Forum Etiquette 101
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
: Forum Etiquette 101  ( 43554 )
NewGurl
: 433

« #30 : March 01, 2012, 05:08:10 PM »

Ok I see the concerns of this council, what I want to know is who appointed , Themselves. If this an open forum for the betterment of achat, then why was it dropped on us like a bomb. You as the council want us to see what you are trying to do, but you do not care about how we feel. The attack, and I cant think of a better word, on us is unwarranted. All we did wad post on the forum. I agree that several times we were off topic. You do not grasp why we are upset. I will reitterate again, the tone of the first post was unacceptable. You treated us as children, and just because you have been here longer and posted more, we are to not have an opinion, or a voice. you have acted like Gods not fellow posters. we were talked down to, not at. It seemed like an order not a discussion.

Blue, Rukya and others are right in thinking this way. What hurts more than anything, I considered most of you my friends. I felt that I deserved your respect, not ridacule. When I first read this post, I was hurt. There is not a one of us that hasnt gone off topic, from time to time. If you say that you havent you are wrong. I think I can speak for most of the ones that are offended. It is not what you said,It is the attitude at which you said it.  Yes the forum needs cleaned up. Yes it needs to be better organized so new users can find things. It just needed to be a joint effort from ALL users not a small group that wants control.

For everyone, Im sorry that I come off like a spoiled bitch. Yes I removed my Photos that werent on topic. reason, It was stated in the original post that posting of photos should be kept to a minimum so i removed them. I also removed my banner cause I didnt want it to detract from the forum.

I hope you understand why I have done this, and why others are so upset. We are not children, and we dont want to be treated as such.
Jacquesza
: 50

« #31 : March 01, 2012, 05:25:25 PM »

No one doubt's the intent and idea behind the post. But instead of being constructive and tactful the underlying tone is just plain negative and clearly even insulting to some people. Also a bit of irony in the title ... "Forum Etiquette" after reading through it.

All I'm saying is try to see it from both sides, maybe even admit that the post was a bit antagonising would help.

YES! lets make the forum a better place for all ... but lets do it in a respectful and friendly manner.

Jacques.
NewGurl

« #32 : March 01, 2012, 05:29:22 PM »

I agree with Jacquesza  Whole heartedly
Thunderstruk
: 6

« #33 : March 01, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »

I realize that I havent posted much on here. If you want my opinion, why not grant the writer of the post the power to change the post to keep things on track.  That way you wouldnt have a user, who is not connected to the post, replying with where this idea has been suggested before. Especially, if he didnt write it, it is nothing of his concern, and yes you know who you are.

Yes i agree that some users are talked down to and have the right to be upset, its their right as forum members
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #34 : March 01, 2012, 05:54:49 PM »

NewGurl and Jacques, yes your criticism and finger pointing to the opening topic has been exhausted. We all have heard what you see negative within this topic repeatedly. If your expecting apologies, then I'm sorry your feelings were hurt by what was said, however I will not apologize for the content of what was said. It needed to be addressed and the concern of "tiptoeing around eggshells" to say it would have not made anyone feel very much better. It's a controversial subject that was not going to sound any better dressed up in a pretty little bow. If you still disagree with these rules we suggested then lets here some positive solutions.

A-Team, what do you think about this forum? What is your interest in it? Which intentions do you have?
We simply think our main product is the AChat software, and this forum is an extension/addition to it.

Rukya, Susy specifically stated the forum is an addition to the game. Other games have dedicated forums and all operate in the same way. She does not say/hint that it is to be treated any less than an ordinary forum should be treated.
« : March 01, 2012, 06:07:13 PM Keiko »

Thunderstruk
: 6

« #35 : March 01, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »

I use the term "Council" loosely because some might assume we think of ourselves more superior than others and that is not true.

Rukya, I already addressed and cleared up the confusion about the choice of using this word within the first few posts. Call us whatever you want, "group, organization, rebellion, misfits, etc." This is not and should not be an issue.

No what made me so very very sad and angry was the fact that rather than open a thread to collect opinion to swing behind  an ostensibly sensible proposal, a few people had got together in private off-forum and discussed what They thought ought to be the way the forum was run.

I don't know which one of us is stopping you from making this a discussion, but I can assure you ( as I already have any previous post) that we value your ideas and want your input.

Having discussed it off-site they then came back with a topic which they had had lots of time to prepare and discussed amongst themselves, but again rather than open a discussion this topic was posted as WE THE UNDERSIGNED think this is how the forum should be and will all you clutter-uppers of OUR Forum either do as we say or go away and leave our forum to be run as we want it.

This is a very distorted and perverted way of looking at the topic. We discussed it extensively amongst ourselves because we knew it was an important and controversial subject. We also finding more important enough that it deserves some deep consideration. I think we could have easily locked this topic if we didn't want anyone else's opinions.

but you miss the point that this is a sexual fantasy site where people come to enjoy themselves, this is not a forum run on it's own as a site set up purely as a forum.

I disagree, this is in fact a forum by name, design, and intention and it should operate as such. Try and find another forum that operates the way you described, there is none.

On the forums you are talking about everyone talks gossips to each other outside the forum, which is just what you did to come up with this topic,

There is nothing wrong with discussing a thought privately before posting it publicly.

You are missing the whole point, you as a group appointed yourselves judge, jury and exicutioner.  We had NO input, you only wanted people in the group that thought exactly as you did. Are you afraid of us that much, afraid we might have some good ideas and want to do things better.  This has turned into a bitch session and I am done
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #36 : March 01, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »

You are missing the whole point, you as a group appointed yourselves judge, jury and exicutioner.  We had NO input, you only wanted people in the group that thought exactly as you did.

I have answered a question like yours before in a previous post:

I don't know which one of us is stopping you from making this a discussion, but I can assure you ( as I already have any previous post) that we value your ideas and want your input.
     We discussed it extensively amongst ourselves because we knew it was an important and controversial subject. We also finding more important enough that it deserves some deep consideration. I think we could have easily locked this topic if we didn't want anyone else's opinions. There is nothing wrong with discussing a thought privately before posting it publicly.
« : March 01, 2012, 06:30:17 PM Keiko »

NewGurl

« #37 : March 01, 2012, 09:23:01 PM »

OK OK< I get it you guys are the Master and we are the slave.  Well I can role playas well as anybody on here
Adera
: 3047

« #38 : March 02, 2012, 02:30:09 AM »

We treat you as children NG? But... your reaction to the post has been nothing but childish. Have you ever heard of constructive criticism? Have you ever been faced with it? Can you take it? I have and I've learned to swallow my pride where you're only trying to lash back at us in whatever way you can.

I'm reading lots of posts here we're you think we have or are claiming power we don't have. Let me make something very clear to you, we're not judge, jury or executioner, you can continue going on about things here however you want and we can't do anything about it.

What will happen though is that we will leave and so will all the people who actually want to discuss things here.
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #39 : March 02, 2012, 02:40:10 AM »

Bonnie....... ::)

I don't look at Tightfit74, Keiko, Lover, Janine Dee, Adera & Bear like master, but like old member whit more experience of us here in achat.
their idea is good (and needed!), the wrong part is in some tone, maybe a bit rough and a little like they are looking from an high position (well, maybe they are a little mature of us, in terms of subscription, not age), but the reason IS right!

now all depend on us (on this side) and on them (on the oder): if we wanna found a common way to make forum work well and continue to have some fun, we have to find out a compromise.

You are missing the whole point, you as a group appointed yourselves judge, jury and exicutioner.  We had NO input, you only wanted people in the group that thought exactly as you did. Are you afraid of us that much, afraid we might have some good ideas and want to do things better.  This has turned into a bitch session and I am done

Thunderstruk, if they don't give us any input, there must be a why and i think it's cause they wanna make us think on it SERIOUSLY and find out it by ourself. Then, we can discuss of it here or on another thread or, if you want, you can discuss it in private whit other peoples if you have some doubt. nothing wrong whit this last point

Adrian
: 3

« #40 : March 02, 2012, 04:10:46 AM »

OTs : ridiculuous suggestion. You're suggesting you are to decide when someone else's opinion, expression, whatever is deemed worthy of posting. Sounds mighty arrogant and self-centered to me.
What you may see as irrelevant or off-topic is how someone else likes to express themselves in reaction to a post. Who are you to rule that that expression is unwanted?
And what you may see as cluttering of the forums may be a forum that a lot of people ar perfectly happy with.

The whole idea is a form of censorship and nothing more.

If you guys are so adamant about how you think posts should be, fine, you go ahead and keep yourself to your made-up rules. In the meantime let everyone else post the way they want. It's a free internet after all.
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #41 : March 02, 2012, 04:20:14 AM »

Adrian, the point isn't on the answer itself, but about we some times tend to go OT to long. yes, there are treads whit 2 or more continuos page full of OT, it's under all our eyes (i had give a good hands in some of them!). no one is asking you to stop answering to a tease or a joke, just try to limit it at a right place or moment. aaand, important, stop chit chatting to long off topic.

You can give an answer on topic and meanwhile do a joke, but the joke can't run all over the tread forever!

TightFit74
: 2415

« #42 : March 02, 2012, 05:08:28 AM »

None of us that signed the topic, are here just for ourselves.
None of us claims the forum to be ours.
It's obvious there are different viewpoints on how a forum should work. We have expressed ours.

We can spend pages and pages on discussing how the message was delivered. I think that is a waiste of time. If needed, I will show all examples on why I was ready to leave. The point is mute in my view.

The whole aim of the topic was to show our discontent, concern and offer sugestions on how to improve the forum. Also, if the post is read clearly:
it seems clear what we want. And so it is now becoming your choice, your decision. What kind of forum do you want to participate with, contribute to. As it is hopefully made clear, contributing, for the benefit of the game and all of it’s members, is what a forum is all about.

We want you to give your opinion as well, shape this forum together. If you see no reason to change anything, fine. Expect the forum to stay as it is, also expect me, and others to retreat (yes, i know probably some people are cheering behind their screen when reading this).  The forum in its current form, is not a forum I want to contribute to. We are accused of claiming the forum for ourselves, from a higher position. To me, it seems the forum has already been claimed.

So far, only a few voices i have heard that want to contribute to a discussion about the forum. If this is the form that is desired, it's all yours... As suggested, there are other ways of creating a community, outside of this forum. But if I had a choice, I'd like to invite everyone to discuss how to continue...

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
bluedenim
: 3007

« #43 : March 02, 2012, 06:39:46 AM »

I have removed all of my posts on this subject. This is no form of protest or submission, what I said has been read by all he people who needed to see it.
I would urge any like-minded members to do the same as this is not a debate and is damaging the fabric of the site.

I would also urge THE COUNCIL to remove the whole post and start again in the spirit in which they say it was intended.

No more No less.

Love to all

Blue

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
Adera
: 3047

« #44 : March 02, 2012, 06:49:09 AM »

Rukya, I'm not expecting anything from what I wrote, mine is a mean spirited post after all. Everything we write is being interpreted badly and nothing we say will make you think differently anymore. If Bonnie hates me for the post I'll have to live with it, but I feel that she is overreacting, there is no need to remove things that have already been posted or images.

I'm no angel, I step out of line a lot, but I listen when people want to bring things back on topic and in general I try to respect the more serious topics.
« : March 02, 2012, 07:10:20 AM Adera »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
: