*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Should AChat have mentors?
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Should AChat have mentors?
Yes, definitely   -8 (34.8%)
No, why?   -10 (43.5%)
I don't care   -5 (21.7%)
: 23

: Should AChat have mentors?  ( 18494 )
Lover
: 10350

« : March 22, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »

As it was mentioned in some other treads, let's discuss about mentors.
You can vote and also change your vote if you change your opinion after discussing. If you vote "Yes" it doesn't mean, you also wanna be a mentor. You just agree that it would be good.

If you offer your help, also post it. So the A-Team gets an overview (if they wanna have mentors) how many members they can ask.

I offer my help in case we get enough members. If there are just 4 or 5 it could be difficult to handle it.
Lover

Bear
: 3856

« #1 : March 22, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »

I do know that New guest advisers/guides/mentors exist on other sites so the idea deserves some merit of consideration. However if such is created, the reality is AChat would need to create a special Avatar and profile for the volunteers which shows on ALL search lists in the top position. You certainly wouldn't want that label on you if your intent is for intimate play. There needs to be a separation between the roles.

A new guest  mentor should be accessible at all times... in essence they will find themselves thrust into the role of host/protector/moderator of the game. (Whether or not the intent of the position is made that way). Achat may want to consider the potential of policing powers in such case.

Just my thoughts on the matter

I am personally indifferent to the suggestion at this time, due to the fact I don't see the huge volume of players on necessary for it at this time. Yet as AChat grows,... it should be considered in the scheme of things.

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #2 : March 22, 2012, 12:26:47 PM »

Bear, are you talking about a sort of automatic sistem or something controlled by an human being!?

If the answer is the first one, i would remember to all of you this: achat have a treanslation pack for few language (dunno how it's updated at the moment) and maybe it's time to make it work in the right way. i mean, if this sort of "Robot Guide" will be added and translated in the most commonn language (see the "Non-english speakers" area), most of the problem will be autommaticaly solved. At this point, the best thing is to make a new installer whit multiple language option for install achat.

Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #3 : March 22, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »

i said no , because if achat have mentor (i suppose that it mean sponsors or something like this) , the outfits or rooms with the logo will obligatory be more pricy  ;D

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
hentaiboy69

« #4 : March 22, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »

Rukya, a mentor is a sort of guide, someone who can explain you the right way to gain the max enjoy from achat and all his secret.

Like Virgilio for Dante in the Divine Comedy

Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #5 : March 22, 2012, 03:38:38 PM »

oh so nothing to do with sponsoring lol  ;D

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
medjai
: 415

« #6 : March 22, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »

I like the idea of mentors but it has to be done the right way, like bear said you can't label our self like that if you're online to play and not to mentor. You risk haveing your whole achat experience ruined from incoming messages for help.

We would also need enough members to cover a large number of people that would ask for help, so before taking this under seriuos consideration I would wanna see how many volounteers we can get.

I will gladly help metoring new members.
MaxCraven
: 10

« #7 : March 22, 2012, 05:33:45 PM »

With so many different countries and time zones in AChat arranging a mentor for newer members could be a real nightmare, but it may help. Hell there are older members, like myself, who could use a mentor lol. Course with some a mentor could be mistaken for a arranged playmate so there are the downsides. Honestly I'd rather have a few people online acting as GM's instead to answer questions and deal with the daily "this person is being an asshole" problems.
Bear
: 3856

« #8 : March 22, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »

Hentai these are volunteers,... real people...

Max that is the case some volunteers are assumed to be ready made sex volunteers.. which really needs a firm hand in thumping that presumption down immediate. they are there as a support service. The language issue could be a problem...

bluedenim
: 3007

« #9 : March 22, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

I'm sorry, I think it's possibly one of those ideas that came like a light bulb, but when looked at, you realise it just isn't either practical or desirable.

A bit like politicians..........

Anyone who wants to be a mentor definitely shouldn't be allowed to be one!

Who is watching what they are teaching? Who could police it?

How will anyone know what the newbie wants and maybe just stereotypes their own fantasy outlook onto them?

I have said before on different posts, I talk to many newbies every week and rather than ignoring them immediately I do try and teach them site etiquette which will give them more chance of succeeding in meeting the people they want to.
Doesn't always work, my ignore list grows every week and I wish someone had explained the site to me when I first arrived, but a mentor? no.
And I certainly would not want the job, which takes me back to what I said above.... who would and what motive?

There could be easily findeable guidelines for newbies, that would be the way to do it. Why don't we have a "Beginner's handbook"?
Mentors/masters/mistresses/doms/dommes/abusers....................
See the trail?
Mentor A's charges become Mentor A's house/faction/fraternity............................

No, leave it alone!

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
Azrielle
: 262

NSPD - Retired

« #10 : March 22, 2012, 10:29:58 PM »

From the Office of the Superintendent of Police
NYmphomania Sex Police Department

At the present time, I help newbs when I feel up to the task... sometimes it can be very daunting.

AChat for Newbs is currently under development

A mentoring program? one word - NO!

Why? - Simple... because to have some sort of mentoring program invites more problems than it solves. Why upset the status quo with a whole bunch of extra coding and labels and all that stuff. If members wish to donate their time and help out newbs... Hey, Great Idea I'm all for it. Do we need a sanctioned mentoring system that makes us appear similar to other games? Most definately not, as AChat is different and unique.

As members, we should strive to help the Dev-Team maintain Achat as it is.

Maintain the Status Quo

That is all.
Az.

Coming Soon to a Shop Near You! Mwah!
hentaiboy69

« #11 : March 23, 2012, 04:15:55 AM »

Azrielle, if you don't wanna use a programm but real peoples, we need a lot of them to cver all the day and several languages. i can presume 4 or 5 peoples for any language is a good start, but this mean they get fullfilled whit messages when they are online and even when they are not, probably.

I know a programm is not the best solution, but probably is the only one reasonable to have it working 24 hour everyday. The game guide on the forum is a wonderfull idea, but something visible (dunno, maybe a short video!?) sometimes can help more, so it can be something to think of too.

Those are some opinion, just an hint.......crap, how it will be usefull in this case have an open chat to talk about it directly all togheter!

Lover
: 10350

« #12 : March 23, 2012, 04:30:53 AM »

I like to read all different opinions. It's great to see about the different thoughts to this and finally it's nice to read that everyone has his own idea of what a mentor is. But that's usual.
So I make one step back and start to ask about the "job" of a mentor. There will be as many ideas as we are people here.

- Is a mentor somebody who helps for the first steps? How AChat is working, how to use the game items (search-button, shop, character editor, building relationship...)
- Is a mentor somebody who helps having sex in room?

For me, a mentor is someone every member can ask about the game. This almost will be newbs, but sometimes also older members.
I don't think about explaining sex in room, but about the handling of AChat. The mentor takes you by the hand and helps if you-
- don't know how to use the editor
- wanna become prem
- wonder, why everybofy declines your cold invitations
- don't know how to start relationship
- also ask about the room - how to start poses and actions

IMO a mentor is nothing less and nothing more then we all do here in forum. The only difference is, he/she is cognizable in game. Freeuser can't post here and even if they were able to (I think it should be this way) most don't know about the forum. They start the game, make some big mistakes (inadvertently) and leave, as they are disappointed.

I agree and I have mentioned it in another post: There have to be some unique rules for a mentor. At least it's someone who is public. This can be a problem for AChat, because the users don't differ between AChat-developer and mentors.
There also has to be a big number of mentors if it really should make sense. You need members of several continents (time zone), several genders and languages.

Yes, a good guide "How to..." is helpful and needed. This is what we are doing now. But we don't reach enough people, as long as it's hidden here in the forum. Even when it's visible in game for everyone, from my own life experience with instruction books (and many people think so) I know, a lot of people don't wanna read. They wanna ask their own specific questions or have someone explaining it. Most feel better when they can ask an existent person instead of reading.

Adera
: 3047

« #13 : March 23, 2012, 04:38:12 AM »

I agree with Blue and Azrielle on this, there's no need for any mentors. As it is people get help anyway and I think new users can get a more diverse introduction which will help them make up their own minds about things.

If, on the other hand mentors where to be introduced I want the mentors to have specific mentor accounts with restrictions lilke:
  • A boring unisex uniform.
  • Can't make spouses, lovers nor friends.
  • Any person they talk to with their mentor accounts wont be contactable with their normal accounts for 48 hours.
  • Any person they room with as mentors shouldn't be contactable for even longer with their normal accounts.

In essence I don't want a mentor to draw any benefits from the status at all other than to be recognized and get a good chance to help people while in their mentor account.
hentaiboy69

« #14 : March 23, 2012, 04:46:39 AM »

Adera, it's a reasonable point, but have some limitation too. i mean, we need ton of peoples who have to work like mentor, or at last (thinking about when i usually log in) you end to use allways the mentor account and not yours. basically, a mentor need lot of free time to spent here on achat!

mmmmmhhmm, i vote i don't care, but i'm changing my mind and i think i don't wan it....not in this term!

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: