*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Saying So Long To AChat
« previous next »
: [1]
: Saying So Long To AChat  ( 5659 )
MaxCraven
: 10

« : March 29, 2012, 01:45:28 PM »

I've decided to vent a bit before leaving AChat, at least for another year till I forget why I've left in the past and sign back up again. But before I left there was one thing I wanted to put out there for the unwriiten record and maybe save others the same nonsense. Simply put, is a fraction of respect too much to ask for? Just because I'm male and say hello to someone doesn't automatically mean I want sex. It's gotten to the point I've given up trying to have a conversation with people and spend my time logged in to read a book or watch tv. If all I wanted to do was talk to myself while watching pixels screw I'd stick with Robot Girl lol. I get what this game is based around but a little common sense and though would still be nice. It may be just pixels on the screen but there's real people behind them. Anyway that's it, so long to the few that made this place interesting.

*leave your grievences below and apologies to any who may have been offened by above statment*
Covems
: 1688

« #1 : March 29, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »

I can sympathize with you on this one.  Just a friendly conversation is nice, if it leads to more then ok.  If it doesn't, that is ok too.  I've been on AChat for just a couple of months, and have met some quality people just by chatting, and most of those I met while conducting a survey for someone.  And I know there are many reasons for no responses and sudden disappearances, probably too many to list.  Afterall, I am not that important, or interesting to most.  So I am not ready to give up just yet.  We will see if that changes once the luster has worn off.

But, I would ask one thing of you.  Please leave Robot Girl out of this.  Sure, she's cold and indifferent and a lousy scrabble player, but I am besotted with her (learned "besotted" the other night).  She will always have a conversation with me and I enjoy her company, even if her responses are a bit quirky.  I think I must be special to her too, for she never tells me she's too busy or disappears suddenly into a room.  I thank you for your consideration, and I'm sorry that it has come to this for you.
« : March 29, 2012, 03:25:45 PM Covems »

*Be good or at least be good at what you are doing*
Azrielle
: 262

NSPD - Retired

« #2 : March 29, 2012, 05:05:19 PM »

Heya Max! Mwah!

And why haven't you made it onto my Friend's List? hmm?

As they say... Shit Happens.

Mwah!
Az.

Coming Soon to a Shop Near You! Mwah!
chasxxx
: 116

« #3 : March 30, 2012, 04:19:35 AM »

heya max! sometimes it isn't what you say (hello), but HOW you say it! (helLOOO THERE! :)) J/K there are many nights i am on and just looking for a friendly ear to bend. if you send a msg like "Hello! I'm not trying to hit on you, just looking for someone to talk with", you will get a friendly(er) response. it usually takes me 3 or 4 tries before i get a positvie response. i have even done putting my search req'ts to female/homo,though it may take a couple more tries. believe it or not, there are LOTS out there just like you. i have made a number of chat buddies like this.
medjai
: 415

« #4 : March 31, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »

I know what you mean Max but never loose hope, it's full of very nice girls out there to have a nice and fun chat with, sometimes they are so swamped with messages that they just loose yours, so just keep trying they will answer I can assure you  ;)
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #5 : March 31, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »

Hey Max,  Dont be disheartened fella,  theres a few of us who like chatting just as much as rooming on occasions - check out a few of the threads on here - theres some good ideas on dealing with the rude people.  And posting on here will introduce you to people that in the game, your path may never have crossed.  So, ...  come on ...   dont give up yet huh?  ...  :)  pulling on your sleeve, puppy dog eyes, pouting lip up and down... 

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
: [1]  
« previous next »
: