*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Everything about sex and love (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Breaking the Ice
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Breaking the Ice  ( 14533 )
mercer78
: 149

If ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise

« : November 18, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »

Hi all first off thanks for taking the time to read my topic.  My problem is making the first move these days I try to start conversations but mostly get ignored by the ladies on here.  Strangely when I first joined I did pretty well now but now the only people that really engage with me are the ones I've already established a relationship with there are a couple of exceptions to this I'll admit for example I was invited into a last night which was fun but I didn't initiate that one.  any one got any advice on how to break the ice with ladies on here?

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #1 : November 18, 2012, 07:55:04 PM »

I'm guilty of many times logging in and waiting for someone in particular. So Im usually doing something else and not paying attention.
but even when I'm not, I usually don't respond to "HI"  or "hello"  and if you call me mommy it's over. The point is I need more. get my attention with something. Recite Shakespear or comment on my clothes ( I have spent gobs of money on them) Many of us ladies actually put thought into what our avatar has on. I know I do. I change my clothes depending on my mood. Its the same as in real life, tell a girl you like her dress and why. and you will get a thank you and it can go from there.

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
tangoracer
: 3444

« #2 : November 19, 2012, 02:30:35 AM »

Hello mercer78
As a guy here I always read the ladys profile page to try and get same idea to what they may like.
But I know lots of guys and girls out there don't read them at all. And i'm with Momma_andrea about hi and hello never a good starter.

If I am starting a convertion  with someone new yes hello is the first word but it is very quickly fallowed by something about the person may be there eyes,hair,cloths and I have even used the action of there avatar.I know how long the lady's take on them as I always say how good they look.
Hope that helps a little
       Tango
« : November 19, 2012, 02:32:31 AM tangoracer »

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #3 : November 19, 2012, 02:40:28 AM »

Andrea and Master Tango are right.....a simple hello can't be enough!

So many time happen it's followed by an invitation to room togheter and usually i refuse it. As Master Tango said, read the profile and you can find a good hint to start the conversation! for example, some girls had start to talk to me cause they find a little incredible i'm a guy (my avi is a shemale in AChat) and they ask me about it. It's a start like another but it make you understand they spend time reading description and not only looking at your avi and feel the urge to have sex with you!
« : November 19, 2012, 05:01:39 AM hentaiboy69 »

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #4 : November 19, 2012, 05:30:49 AM »

A good case in point.  I had just bought the blue Qipao dress and I had agonized over the decision for a day or more. I couldn't decide on the blue or the the more pinkish one and I couldn't afford both.  SO I put it on with white stockings and garters and black shoes and Immediatly Im getting comments about the dress or some comments about how my legs look in it.  Now I had just been real insecure about buying it , now all these guys were commenting on it.   

I tried my best to answer everyone of them. They were sweet and said what a girl needed to hear when she needed it.
Chance? Pure luck? Maybe. but I answered.
« : November 19, 2012, 05:34:22 AM Momma_andrea »

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
tangoracer
: 3444

« #5 : November 19, 2012, 05:42:24 AM »

Well Momma_andrea looks like people do read the forums may be  :)

Lets hope so any way

Tango

Lover
: 10350

« #6 : November 19, 2012, 05:52:48 AM »

In fact you need to be different then all the others are. 99% say hi or hello  or "do you wanna fuck?" And sometimes it's hard to answer (especially for the girls) because they get plenty of welcomes and cold invites.
It's always helpful to say something about the clothes they are wearing or the banner or the profile pic they have.

And you need to be patient. Try and try again and you will be successfull in the end.

ssgt
: 111

« #7 : November 19, 2012, 07:27:01 AM »

Be a gentleman.Treat the lady like a lady.  Compliment her looks, clothing, hair and eyes.  Remember they want to look their best and they like knowing you realize the time the took to look like the do. They are dressing to please you.
Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #8 : November 19, 2012, 10:47:25 AM »

personnaly , i try , if i'm not busy , to anwser even to "hi" . But when i  anwsered to someone who say just hi , i wait for her/him to say something else before start a real chat .

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #9 : November 19, 2012, 10:52:40 AM »

Well said Ssgt.   Its always nice to have an ego boost about the effort put into your profile & vice versa.  I like a guy with a good sense of humour too, mixed with a little arrogance  ...  

I take more notice of guys who treat first contact as that, first contact and chat up for a potential  date...  guess I like to test if the chemistry is there first before rooming   ;D    And I'm sure they are testing the same  :)

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Lydiarose
: 974

Bitch's Corner

« #10 : November 19, 2012, 11:43:50 AM »

sometimes I will answer to hi, it depends what kind of mood  Im in,
Like Andrea  I have spend the last week deciding  on what  to wear over the xmas on here,
Ssgt; we all know that you are a Gentleman lol

Covems
: 1688

« #11 : November 19, 2012, 11:48:25 AM »

I don't have to worry about any of that with Robot Girl.  All I have to do is ask "Are you 36.243.1?" 

She says  "Hello Honey."

And I say "Hiya Baby."

And she says.  "You little bitch!"

Then I invite. 

Or ... with a real person... I like this one.

Covems:  "Hello.  Do you believe in the Here After?"

Nice lady:  "Yes, I do."

Covems:  "Good, then you know what I'm here after.  :) "

Sometimes that works... most times it doesn't.

On a more serious note, I just use the golden rule and treat others the way I like to be treated.  Sometimes all I want to do is just chat.

*Be good or at least be good at what you are doing*
tangoJane
: 84

Sweet man o'mine :) :)

« #12 : November 19, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »

LOL @  Covems  :-* :-*

Hi  and Hello never work for my  and  Do you want a fuck = ignore list

READ MY PROFILE PAGE is the answer Hi and Hello get

Be nice and talk to me

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #13 : November 19, 2012, 11:53:10 AM »

On a more serious note, I just use the golden rule and treat others the way I like to be treated.  Sometimes all I want to do is just chat.

Best hint of the day, Covems! i'm with you on all the line and it's a rule who work for the real world too, of course!

mercer78
: 149

If ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise

« #14 : November 19, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »

Wow thanks for all the great advice guys.  I do sometimes try to make comments on clothes and banners and such maybe I should do that a lot more often.  As for coming up with clever things to say never been all that great at that maybe that's why I'm single in real life lol. Thanks again for taking the time to answer me you're all awesome.  ;D

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: