*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Organizations & Events
| |-+  Contests (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Sexi's Animal Game
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 20
: Sexi's Animal Game  ( 128495 )
sexilicious
: 2755

« : May 17, 2013, 06:00:02 PM »

This is just a little fun game for those of you who would like to participate in it. There is no signing up, no cost, and no rewards. This is just some plain fun I thought would be nice to have for anyone who wants to jump in and participate.

The game I came up with is very simple. I will post a picture of an animal and people will guess what the animal is.

Please keep in mind that I'm looking for the full name of the animal, so if the picture is an elephant, I will not accept the answer "elephant." I would look for more specific like African Elephant or Asian Elephant. Don't worry though I won't make you give Scientific names ;D not everyone is an animal geek like me.

Also, if you know there is more than one name for the animal, please list all the ones you know so the others know and can maybe learn a bit more. One example is this:

Say I get these answers to the picture: Wild Hunting Dog, Hyena, African Painted Dog. The two people are right for the Wild Hunting Dog and African Painted Dog are two names that this animal can be called.

If for some reason it is hard to guess, I will post hints as to what the animal is. It could be location, family, or other hints maybe letters etc.

When someone gets the correct animal name, I will then post some facts about the animal, so everyone can learn a bit about the animals (since I won't see you guys in person at the zoo to tell you lol).

Like I said in the beginning this is just something fun that people can participate in or even just read and learn a little bit of new info about the animal kingdom.

sexilicious

« #1 : May 17, 2013, 06:20:20 PM »

We will start off with something simple

P.S. If you have a specific animal you would like to be guessed at in the future just pm me a message and I will learn a new animal (if I haven't heard of it before) or tell what I know when it is guessed. If you do suggest an animal though, please refrain from answering as to give the others a chance to guess.

Lover
: 10350

« #2 : May 17, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »

My proble is to identify the animal and then get the english name...lol... but love the idea of the game. Translator calls it red panda but im not sure if its enough.

Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #3 : May 17, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »

I think its a Giant  Panda :)   I think Red Pandas are smaller and red :)

I love our Forum Village now has a zoo.   Great idea Sexi.    Fashion Houses, Police Dept, Bar, Newspaper & Zoo  :)
« : May 17, 2013, 07:46:35 PM Brandybee »

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
sexilicious

« #4 : May 17, 2013, 07:50:58 PM »

It is indeed a Giant Panda. Red Pandas look like this Lover

P.S. would love to be the one holding the red panda ;D although quick tidbit I have gotten to pet one before ;)

Lover
: 10350

« #5 : May 17, 2013, 07:52:23 PM »

Sexi, I don't see the red panda, just an animal in front of it :D

That's my problem, translator just gave me red panda.... grummel grummel grummel...

sexilicious

« #6 : May 17, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »

The Giant Panda is the bigger of the two pandas. Panda actually means "bamboo eater." Both the Giant Panda and the Red Panda eat quite a bit of bamboo and live in the same general area over near China and some of the surrounding countries. Another thing that both pandas have in common is what is called a "panda thumb." You can kinda see this in the red panda picture. The Panda thumb is actually not a thumb at all but rather just an extension of their wrist bone. They use the panda thumb to actually help hold the bamboo as they are eating it.

Even though they both have the panda in their name, these two animals are not related at all. The Giant Panda is actually in the Ursus (Bear) family while through much debate they currently have the Red Panda placed in its own family (Family Ailuridae) as the Red Panda is so different from all the animals even though it has several characteristics of other animals.

The baby Giant Pandas actually are not as pretty of a baby as many of the other animals. The babies are actually born without their fur so just the pink skin shows, and they are super tiny as well.

Picture of baby Giant Panda

One way that the Giant Panda is different from the other bears is that the Giant Panda does NOT hibernate.
« : May 17, 2013, 08:44:25 PM sexilicious »

sexilicious

« #7 : May 17, 2013, 08:07:16 PM »

hehehehe Lover you just knew that the Red Panda was one of my favorite animals ;D think you were just trying to score some brownie points

sexilicious

« #8 : May 17, 2013, 08:46:26 PM »

Can count on me to bring the zoo into the village ;D

Ok so the next animal is a bit harder (mainly cause weekends are busier for me and want to draw some others in as much as possible)

mrsexlover
: 4985

« #9 : May 17, 2013, 10:58:45 PM »

I know this animal's name, but not going to post it now because i would like more people to guess it's name, but i'll pm you  ;D

Good to have a Zoo here, although i think the Bar looks like one at the moment too with all those furry animals there
« : May 17, 2013, 11:01:42 PM mrsexlover »

mrsexlover, loving all girls, any shape,size or color

Come and join the chat at the town sqaure http://achatsquare.chatango.com
stray
: 494

Girl, 20 yrs old, bisex

« #10 : May 18, 2013, 02:47:34 AM »

Muntjac deer?

More exactly: Reeves's muntjac
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeves's_muntjac
« : May 18, 2013, 04:13:56 AM stray »

I go from bed to bed looking for bones, as every stray does ::)
sexilicious

« #11 : May 18, 2013, 04:11:41 PM »

Yes it is indeed a Reeve's Muntjac.

Quick story on the Muntjac we have at the zoo (not sure which species haven't seen her graphic sign yet).

I got to help out with that section of animals for one of my practicums and saw her many times in there but never out on exhibit until one day this last week when she was out walking around.  I finally got to get a pic of her. This one seems to be a bit more shy around people cause not often she is out visible to be seen. Have to actually look hard to see her and go through the exhibit.

sexilicious

« #12 : May 18, 2013, 04:16:48 PM »

The Reeve's Muntjac is native to the China and Taiwan areas but has been introduced into the UK and can be found throughout central England now. There numbers are increasing more and more. They also don't have a certain period for breeding but can do it year round ;D There gestation is a little less than humans for they only have to carry the baby for about 7 months.

sexilicious

« #13 : May 18, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »

Our next animal:

stray
: 494

Girl, 20 yrs old, bisex

« #14 : May 18, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »

Asian Elephant?

I go from bed to bed looking for bones, as every stray does ::)
: [1] 2 3 ... 20  
« previous next »
: