*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Flood disaster in Germany
« previous next »
: [1]
: Flood disaster in Germany  ( 4790 )
Lover
: 10350

« : June 10, 2013, 11:27:12 AM »

Some parts of Germany (areas in south, eath and now in north) are having a flood disaster. Many banks are broken and many more are close to break. They call it a hundred year flood and it's even worse than the one we had in 2002. In some cities and villages the water level is as high as it never has been before and most areas the level is higher than the last 500 years.
Good luck, just very less people are dead, but many have lost their houses and goods.

I know that also members of AChat are living in these areas and so far I don't know how bad they are concerned as I haven't got an answer from them - of course they have other problems than being in AChat.

I'm living in the west and not close to a river, at the moment here it's the opposite. Weather is sunny, warm and wonderful. As I have to work I cannot help, just donated money as many people do. It's also wonderful to see how many people are helping - donating, going to the concerned areas to help: Filling sandbags, handing water and food, saving banks. Most is organized by using facebook!

My thoughts are to all victims and espacially to the people I know from AChat.

mrsexlover
: 4985

« #1 : June 10, 2013, 11:43:03 AM »

As a dutchman i know what water can do.

So my thoughts are with them too

mrsexlover, loving all girls, any shape,size or color

Come and join the chat at the town sqaure http://achatsquare.chatango.com
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #2 : June 10, 2013, 01:42:03 PM »

our prey are for for the family of the victims......this is a hard moment for them, but life must go on!

for all the others, this is the moment to collect all their strenght and look to the future, to rebuil what they lost!

sexilicious
: 2755

« #3 : June 10, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »

They call it a hundred year flood

it will last for 100 years :O better find a boat then
but seriously hope everyone is safe and sound over there

Covems
: 1688

« #4 : June 10, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »

Here in the USA, when we want to make a donation, we can text to a number and a $10.00 donation is automatically made.  To do that through an international call would be expensive... but if anyone from the US is interested in helping here is some information on where to donate.   REMEMBER:  even $10.00 helps.

United States:

Checks (no cash, please) should be made payable to:
German Flood Relief Fund
c/o Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
4645 Reservoir Road, NW
Washington, DC 20007

Contributions may also be made directly to the fund at Riggs Bank, account no. 25445962.

The American Red Cross is also taking donations for its European Flood Relief fund through its Web site, www.redcross.org and the telephone hotline number 1-800-HELP-NOW.

I used the Red Cross web site... it's quick and easy.

*Be good or at least be good at what you are doing*
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #5 : June 10, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

Thoughts and prayers are with you.   

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Lover
: 10350

« #6 : June 10, 2013, 02:27:16 PM »

Thanks for this info covems :)
In Germany there are phone numbers you can call or send a sms and it costs 5 euro. Also during tv shows they collect money, showing numbers. Each aid organization also has special numbers for it.

ItsAmy123
: 705

*Go Beyond The Reason To Love*

« #7 : June 10, 2013, 03:27:30 PM »

Awe  :( I really hope everyone affected is holding up okay, especially the ones from our Achat community.

My thoughts and prayers are with you  :-*

jayc
: 1600

« #8 : June 11, 2013, 10:50:46 AM »

living near some rivers that flooded this april, i know a few pepole who lost EVERTYHING  and it warms the heart when people put aside their differences.......be it socail, or ecomomic  and pitch in the clean up or by donating money.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: