*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Fantasies and Fetishes (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Why Bother Hetero females
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Why Bother Hetero females  ( 15117 )
analetta
: 449

Gone back to original account : Soniaslut

« #15 : July 23, 2020, 01:42:46 PM »

During one of my strolls through the dimly lit, less frequented corridors of the Forum I happened upon this topic started 7 years ago which I believe is just as valid now as it was then. It still happens every day. Far too many times a day. Some are able to just shrug it off but for some it's a real source of annoyance and lessens their enjoyment of Achat.
The problem isn't solely one experienced by straight women, as the title of the topic suggests, but by every orientation. For example I'm frequently approached to go to a room and fuck by men who have chosen "Straight" as their profile Orientation. Maybe you get it...I don't. I realise I may confuse people being a lesbian choosing to play as shemale here, but they don't know that when they message for the first time.
As has been said in many of the previous posts, not many people bother to read the profile information.

I'm not hoping for a change to things anytime soon. The fact that things are exactly the same as 7 years ago shows  how little concern is shown by the owners/developers unless they can see either a profit increase by  change or fear a loss of revenue if enough people are annoyed by the lack of it and leave.

I had a few thoughts on possible  changes that may not be too difficult to introduce and would appreciate thoughts/views/suggestions from the few who still use the Forum, and anyone else I can encourage into it.

1.  Encourage more people to use the Forum. Some will never use it, just use the rooms in-game. Some have used it but drifted away because there aren't enough other users to interact with. Some have never heard of it.
Maybe a hyper-link on members' game profiles that will open a link to their Forum profile?

2.  Reduce the space used for the avatar on a profile page  (by about 80% would be good for me) and increase the amount available for members to describe their interests, their fantasies and themselves?

3.  In the menu search bar for a person, along with the name/chat/invite/group, perhaps have an Orientation indicator : Bi/Gay/Het/Les...some people that "cold" invite may just spot it and think again before clicking the mouse.

I'm fairly certain one, or more, of the above could be introduced and would, I think, help reduce the problem this topic was begun for. If that means more people enjoy the game they'll feel more inclined to part with their Dollaz to enhance the game experience. Maybe prompt them to mention the game to others and increase member numbers.

Any and all comments, opinions and suggestions would be very welcome

« : July 23, 2020, 01:45:30 PM analetta »

zuzannah
: 1379

« #16 : July 23, 2020, 03:48:56 PM »

I don't agree with the add more info and reduce avatar space.  No,  The lobby as it is called, shows me, if people are interested, then they say Hi no matter what is on my profile.  Making it bigger, No. Definitely, NO.  Because, it's not read by anyone anyway.  Maybe another button somewhere on screen for a bigger profile, but make it small because no one would use it anyway.

Loads of "straight" guys message me, and most think it's ok when I tell them that I'm not a Gurl in real.  Some take exception and never heard again.

Introducing people to the forum is hard.  BUT have you noticed that the viewing stats go up, sometimes quite a lot in a few days.  People come here but never join in.  Getting people here is hard getting them to actually say something, now that's almost impossible.

On point 3. Yeah maybe, but it won't stop the cold callers.  Nothing will stop the cold callers, lol.

analetta
: 449

Gone back to original account : Soniaslut

« #17 : July 23, 2020, 04:25:53 PM »

Hi Zuzannah...thanks for your views

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on the first point.  Yes, it's good to see a visual representation of the character people create, but for my own personal preference I'd like to have a little more info available to me at a glance without having to (sometimes) drag it out of people. Maybe it's because I prefer to chat...I go on, and on, and...well, you know.  ;D   Not really a button clicker, visuals aren't as important to me as the persona behind it.  Also, I know more than a few people who would like to be able to have more space to create a profile description. It is, after all, a profile not a dress up page. 
I agree with the button, as I said originally, and think a lot of people would use it before approaching someone if it were an option.

I'm always upfront with guys that message, at least the ones I manage to respond to, telling them I think I should save them wasting their time as I'm not into men. Most are fine and say Bye and move on. Some don't reply. Others are happy just to chat, that's how I've ended up with the men in my Friend list.

As to getting people in here, I know it's bloody difficult, and as you said, getting them to post even harder. Gotta just keep plugging away at people.

Finally, point 3...maybe a check box option to not accept invitations from people not in your list?  It would maybe encourage them to message if they're interested.  I'd like something like that, amongst other things. But not being well-versed in techie stuff I don't know what's possible and what isn't.

JessiCapri
: 2178

« #18 : July 28, 2020, 02:43:07 PM »

View from a straight female.  I make it quite clear I am straight.  When I get colded by anyone, male or female they get ignored.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: