*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Upgrades and newly added features (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Chatlog
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: Do you want your chatlog back?
yes
no

: Chatlog  ( 22212 )
FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #15 : July 24, 2014, 11:27:11 PM »

Do we really need a  chatlog ?   I would  just copy it and  save it
I think  I  heard some one say one time they can save all the  conversation  chat log
with another  programe . maybe not here...  And if it is to save us KBs  and  gives us something better
in the  game  I would not mind the  change  ... till we know more  from  them  I  think we  should
 have patience to  hear from  them...

To me this is the only  place I heard they  have a saved  chatllog.

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #16 : July 25, 2014, 12:01:23 AM »

As far as I am aware, I believe saved chat logs are common place in such things.

I know yahoo saves them.  I'm sure our members can name others and in similar games.

The facility is useful and good practice.  Writers use it for role plays they enjoyed, and as a back up to RP where they left off. 

It is also useful in any disputes to show who exactly said what.  It gives members some form of protection and things easily proved or disproved, especially past conversations when at first it may not seem significant but later it may become relevant.
It is useful when reporting abuse or young users to Achat. 

It should be returned as soon as possible. 

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
FoxyRoxxy

DESERT ROSE

« #17 : July 25, 2014, 12:09:20 AM »

the chat log is part of there  Program. would be  nice they give it back
for the ones that need it
To me it don't matter  I can screen save the chat if it is important ,
if not what is the use for it  just more space on  my hard drive  

so with it or with out it  don't matter to me .

Concerto

« #18 : July 25, 2014, 12:15:43 AM »

It is a plain text file, it takes up very little space, you could play for years and it would take up less space than one image file (lol, less than one of your saved screen files).
FoxyRoxxy

DESERT ROSE

« #19 : July 25, 2014, 12:19:12 AM »

It is useful when reporting abuse or young users to Achat. 

for this they have the  Support button

and

recommended they add a flag button to report all  abuse  on the spot and the chat be send to
administrators  so there will  no she  he said  it  would  and no  one can  change  the tex- chat  

Concerto

« #20 : July 25, 2014, 01:47:47 AM »

err... that exists already. Have you never seen the ! for reporting misuse, to the right of the chat box?
HisGirlOnly
: 1885

« #21 : July 25, 2014, 10:20:23 AM »

Posted by: FoxyRoxxy

Do we really need a  chatlog ?   I would  just copy it and  save it

on some OS there is no way to copy your achat convos...... cntl +v will allow you to paste but cntl +c wont allow u to copy.

besides every other chat i''ve seen on net has allowed you a copy of your chat history

I want mine back  :-[ and a lot of members in achat do to

Visit me at The Town Square.. http://achatsquare.chatango.com/
FoxyRoxxy

DESERT ROSE

« #22 : July 25, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »

I am sure  they have a good reason  Hgo ..

for me I  dont have a chat log on the other  game

only  on  massanger   ..

And  Susan  I had  posted   a  flag button  on the other  topic  before  I know it
 this to me is a  basic  one   ...

Lover
: 10350

« #23 : July 25, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »

It was removed because of higher level of data protection (your partners didn't agree to save all conversations with them). Maybe we get it back with some changes, as weve asked for it.

HisGirlOnly
: 1885

« #24 : July 25, 2014, 03:55:20 PM »

OMG are they serious????

yahoo , skype, chatandgo................... all have chatlogs

sounds to me like achat got scared by someone, coz thats gotta be one of the lamest cop outs ever

Visit me at The Town Square.. http://achatsquare.chatango.com/
Concerto

« #25 : July 25, 2014, 03:58:23 PM »

Lame? Idifuckingotic, I would say.

We're talking about two avatars talking to each other.

The gnomes in Everquest have a chatlog.

I don't know about the world going down the tubes but the world of Achat certainly is.

If I am going to have to rely on conversations to prove anything in court then I want to be the custodian of those records (of  MY conversations) and not have to rely on some hick outfit that has no concern for its paying customers.
« : July 25, 2014, 04:14:15 PM Concerto »
Tom_Hardy

« #26 : July 25, 2014, 05:08:12 PM »

I'd like it back. Simple as that
Stone
: 1842

« #27 : July 25, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »

I agree the chat log should be returned as soon as possible. It's proof when dip sticks attack you for no reason. 
It's our protection against being misquoted.
It can also act as a deterrent for abusive members to behave.

In all the time I have been here I have only heard of one person who has abused it.

It also provides entertainment  whether in reruns of a good room  or edited with names taken out in  the topic  " Worst Chat Up"

I vote  YES.   The pros for, far outweighs the cons against.

Please  can we have our chat log back.

alye
: 4

« #28 : July 25, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »

I would like my chatlog back too  :(
AusWoody
: 2044

Never push a loyal person to the breaking point

MSN Messenger - mick.woodman@gmail.com
« #29 : July 25, 2014, 11:27:26 PM »

Personally I take it as  theft of my property, what I type  in a chat is  my property  it isn't  something of value to any one else just myself, yes brandy is correct  as a writer  I do my best work when interacting with another in role-play, and have  used these  chats as  the basis of many stories.

you may not have noticed that you cannot even copy a live chat now  as they have  removed that function as well, so the only way  is now the  storage hungry screenshots  and they can only  grab such a small  window of chat it  would  take  40 or 50  to capture a full chat.

I have been chatting online  for 20+ years now  and NEVER had  this situation  before  every IRC  program has the ability to review  your chat logs, for whatever reason you choose  as it is YOUR property, it is NOT Achat's  to  remove  or  delete.

I am not asking it to be replaced  I am DEMANDING it be replaced IMMEDIATLY.

yes i'm sure there are ppl out there  who couldn't give a shit about this feature, and good luck to them, they prolly don't  adjust the  treble and bass on their sound systems  either  or  the  picture on their TV, their apathy is not the issue here, some of us  require  the features  WE PAID FOR when we subscribed  as  members. My subscription is a contract  between  the  provider  (Achat) and user (AusWoody). They are in breach of a contract  and  are liable to be sued by the members over this..

Join us in the The Achat Square meeting place for broad-minded  adults - fun and games - http://achatsquare.chatango.com

Mean What I Say  -  Say What I Me
: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
: