*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Upgrade failed
« previous next »
: [1]
: Upgrade failed  ( 9125 )
Suriban
: 10

« : January 20, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »

I get a message when i tried to upgrade.

Upgrade failed!
If you experience problems,
please restart the program!

I thought it might be everyone but people seem to be talking about the upgrade here. I recently installed a new firewall, so I tried turning it off. I also tried running the updater as an administrator but still no luck.

Any thoughts? I'm using Vista if that's relevant.
Suriban

« #1 : January 20, 2010, 12:28:29 PM »

One more thing; it seems to download just fine but when it gets to extracting compressed files is when I get the error message...

I think this damn firewall is doing more harm than good.
tom
Administrator
: 336

« #2 : January 20, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »

I don't think that is the firewall... could you please send us the file versionupgrade.log from upgrade_dir of AChat? Can you find the directory?
If yes, where is your AChat client installed to?
tom
Suriban

« #3 : January 20, 2010, 04:12:31 PM »

This is all it says in versionupgrade.log

Checking version and updating as needed...
 Local release: 1
 Server release: 1
 Local version: 45
 Version on the server: 46
 Downloading upgrade_dir\46.7z
 Cannot open extract log for reading!!!
 Could not collect decompressed files !!!

Do you still want me to send it? Should I post what it says in extract.log as well since it says it can't open it?
I'm pretty sure I left AChat install in the default location when I installed it and I've never had problems upgrading before.
In Vista it's in the ..\AppData\Local\AChat folder
gingerteri
: 8

« #4 : January 24, 2010, 11:50:41 AM »

I get the same error message and i am running 64bit win XP
Suriban

« #5 : January 25, 2010, 07:22:15 AM »

This is so annoying. Now there has been an update again and I can't get it. There are threesomes now? :o
Please tell me what I should do to fix this problem.
Nicoquin
: 159

« #6 : January 25, 2010, 07:47:24 AM »

did you try to uninstall, reinstall ?

Nicoquin, happy premium user and husband of Friskette
AChat is for fun, not for business !!!
go to hell, you A$ seekers
tom
Administrator

« #7 : January 25, 2010, 09:59:47 AM »

One possible reason can be, that you use another Windows user, than you have used when AChat was installed.
tom
Suriban

« #8 : January 25, 2010, 02:21:02 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions but as odd as it sounds, it was the firewall  :-\

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling AChat and still the same problem. Disabling the firewall wasn't doing anything so I gave up and completely uninstalled and now it's working. Updating fine now, and looking forward to trying some 3somes  ;D
tom
Administrator

« #9 : January 26, 2010, 06:50:01 AM »

Thank you for the info!

Just to understand it better: what have you completely uninstalled? Did you have separated firewall program? (Windows has its own built in firewall.)
I am asking because the upgrade program uses only simple download, so if you can browse and download the upgrade should actually work... (except the case I have mentioned)

tom
Suriban

« #10 : January 26, 2010, 07:38:21 AM »

It was a separate firewall called Sunbelt Personal Firewall
http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/home-home-office/sunbelt-personal-firewall/

I didn't have the Windows firewall activated when I upgraded but I have had no problems with that previously.

Sunbelt is a very tricky firewall: Once I clicked the "go to shop" button in AChat and because it tried to open my browser the firewall thought it was an ad and blocked it. Then every time i tried to go to the shop, even manually typing the address or navigating through the site, it thought it was an ad and blocked it. I had to disable the firewall to shop too  :D

I'm sure there was some way to stop it treating the updates as unwanted changes to a program and the shop as an ad but it was pissing me off in other ways too, so it's best for me to get a new firewall. I hope that answers your question.
tom
Administrator

« #11 : January 26, 2010, 11:57:57 AM »

thank you very much for the info  :)
it will help us to solve reported problems!
tom
Suriban

« #12 : January 26, 2010, 12:29:10 PM »

No problem, glad I can help :)

And it should be noted that this is really the first problem I've had with AChat since I started using it months ago. So thanks to the AChat staff :)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: