*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  poll : report abuse button ?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: a "report abuse" button in game ?
YES
NO
Don't know
Don't care

: poll : report abuse button ?  ( 18325 )
Lover
: 10350

« #15 : March 15, 2010, 04:01:13 PM »

Maybe the discussion takes the wrong direction. I hope we all dont wanna hunt anyone. Nobody has this right! I also hope that we have the same opinion:
No racism, no children

Good luck these idiots are individual cases. So I think we dont need an abuse button; if someone dont agree with term sof condition he may be banned. If you start homepage you get this terms since a February, the 17th. My answer: http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,372.0.html (http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,372.0.html)

The few people we see in AChat should be named to A-Team, but not in public. We have the support-button I think this is theb best way.

And friends dont use this forum for privat discussions please. Meet in room and fight in private ;)

Lover

Florent
: 137

« #16 : March 16, 2010, 12:01:04 AM »

The problem is that we should find a simple way to report members that are going against terms of use, and a report button appears to me like the better solution... Remember that a lot of achat user never go on this forum, and maybe don't even know it exists. So how could they report to the admins if they notice a member that put racist messages in his presentation, or claim he is under 18 ?
Butt_LegGirl
: 16

« #17 : March 16, 2010, 01:42:29 AM »

And what prevents to send simply the ...some-one-who-enrages-you  in ignore list? report abuse button is not necessary
Florent

« #18 : March 16, 2010, 01:48:18 AM »

And what prevents to send simply the ...some-one-who-enrages-you  in ignore list? report abuse button is not necessary

But it's not a question of report someone that enrages you, it's a question of reporting someone who pretends being under 18, for example !
« : March 16, 2010, 01:51:11 AM Florent »
Lover
: 10350

« #19 : March 16, 2010, 02:41:36 AM »

Remember that a lot of achat user never go on this forum, and maybe don't even know it exists

I think the members using this forum belong to the active people in AChat too. So I hope we are enough. IMHO most of the non-forum user dont care about the "kids" otherside they will find a way to report this.

Do my words make sense to you?

Lover

Florent

« #20 : March 16, 2010, 02:48:59 AM »

Remember that a lot of achat user never go on this forum, and maybe don't even know it exists

I think the members using this forum belong to the active people in AChat too. So I hope we are enough. IMHO most of the non-forum user dont care about the "kids" otherside they will find a way to report this.

Do my words make sense to you?

Lover

Sure they do, and maybe you're right, but I still personnaly think a report button would make things much simpler for everybody.
Nicoquin
: 159

« #21 : March 16, 2010, 02:53:13 AM »

but I still personnaly think a report button would make things much simpler for everybody.

yep, especially for the moderators ;)

Nicoquin, happy premium user and husband of Friskette
AChat is for fun, not for business !!!
go to hell, you A$ seekers
bouli

« #22 : March 16, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »

To be perfectly honest, I can't see how some of you can promote fantasizing about rape but not about being a minor. Shouldn't everyone be allowed their own fantasy? The only problem I see is the possibility for minors to start playing in the first place. As long as we talk about two adults agreeing to play out a fantasy, why should anyone else care?

Another issue that might be a bigger problem is how to verify the age of a user. I sure don't want to see any of those really creepy sites that all of a sudden demands you send photo copies (scans) of your ID card or whatever. Neither do I want to see free users banned from sex and even nudity all of a sudden. There's no simple way about it really. Either the admins will have to allow some kind of witch hunt for the minors where people report whoever they think behave childish or keeps claiming they're young for real and a few reports woul result in a ban, or some kind of adult verification or test needs to be implemented during account registration. I don't know.

To summarize, I think any and all kinds of fantasies should be allowed as long as it's between two adults. What shouldn't be allowed are minors, racism and other abuse, once again: between players, not characters.

Sorry for the wall of text. I just think these matters are quite important and would hate to see strict limitations and overly complicated changes taking place for something like it.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #23 : March 16, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »

Okay, I did a large diatribe on the legalities in the 18+ post. So I won't repeat them here.

What I will say however is that there is a term in kink called "age play", and it's basically the formal term for the consenting adult version of what we are talking about.

If people were setting their messages to "Enjoys Age Play (whatever range)" I don't think we'd be having this conversation, but they are not. What they are doing is engaging in risky play that leaves AChat legally vulnerable.

If anything they are often putting in words like "real".

In that earlier post I compared AChat to restricted materials like alcohol or tobacco. While minors still get access to both I've never heard that used as a reason to remove the age limits all together.

This is NOT a matter of personal freedoms. This is a business and can be held legally accountable.

If the persons in question can not put in an "Age Play" disclaimer or even leave out the "real" they should be treated like the children they portray themselves as and be kicked out like any minor in a bar.

That said I need a question answered before I can vote for a Report Button...

What would keep it from being abused?

An example... I am a gay woman, and when I explained that to a man who wanted me to come into a room with him he called me mean... and THEN tried to invite me (still don't get that part). What would keep him from using a Report Button and making up something about me to get me into trouble?

In theory I like it because the easier it is to report the more likely it is that things will be reported, but the other side of the coin is that people will abuse the system. 

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
sinnnn
: 1379

« #24 : March 16, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »

i don't think there should be a button because to many ppl can be very vendictive with it.  just have it where we can report the person and our reasons why we think they went over bounds.  everyone have the right to justify there actions and a button would not give them this chance. heck i was insulted and basicly called a ped because i would not prove to him that i was of age(by sending him my pic) and he brought the subject of young kids on this site,etc to get me to send him a pic.  i hit ignore and reported him.  what happens after that happens.   :D
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: