*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Character Search
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Character Search  ( 14585 )
angel81
: 15

« : April 04, 2010, 07:15:48 PM »

I am not sure how easy this would be for the dev team to enable.I would like to see a selection box on the character search screen to block out free users OR a selection box to block them from contacting the premium users. Premium users have at least the credit card  or other sources of payment to give a little more proof of age/maturity. This feature would also help in situations such as the growing number of free users sending out cold invites to the premiums just to get the poses and their rocks off. Which i'm sure I don't stand alone on this its getting really annoying having to ignore so many people. I do understand that everyone starts somewhere so making this feature in Character search able to enable/disable gives the paying members the option to open themselves to such an environment which is entirely their choice.

In a few experiences I have encountered myself in lobby I guess you can say available for chat. That I was approached by a free user that was under the age of 18.  Due to the ease of anyone of any age to register a avatar by simply clicking the "I am over 18 button". Which thank god for the report abuse feature that people should use if they too encounter such people.
Kaileen
: 32

« #1 : April 05, 2010, 10:21:12 AM »

Premium users show up first in the list when you search. Premium users are those with a little star next to their name. If you don't want to contact a person who is not a premium user, then don't scroll down below the names with stars next to their names...
angel81

« #2 : April 06, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »

Thats not my point. I understand the list and how its in order. But there should be a way  that the free users cant see the premiums so we can have our peace and quiet without getting cold invites and numerous chats on screen. Most premium users chat/play with other premiums. There should a be a way to make ourselves not seen. Nothing more aannoying than chatting with a few friends and having invites and rude ppl hounding you. Seems in my experience so far that most premium users have respect to others and do not cause problems.

You failed to understand the point i was making...
Marion
: 30

Hot shemale - open for nearly everything!

« #3 : April 06, 2010, 09:19:46 AM »

Maybe an option like: "allow chat/invitation from non-premium/non-friend user (yes/no)"

Hot shemale - open for nearly everything!
Curious? Come and try me! Man and Women welcome!
bobbler

« #4 : April 06, 2010, 10:36:25 AM »

Angel,

It has been suggested that they make another room separate from the sex room and it would be available for chat only.  Would you like that?
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #5 : April 06, 2010, 10:42:38 AM »

Actually Bobbler if I'm understanding her right her problem is that some of the worst offenders for the cold invites/trying to chat just long enough to get you into a room are the free users. So her hope seems to be that she could filter out free users and cut the chatter and bother to a minimum.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
bobbler

« #6 : April 06, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »

Yeah I get that Janine, but I think if there was a "chat room" that she could escape to so that she is not bothered in the "lobby" as she calls it, then that would serve the same purpose.
Janine Dee

« #7 : April 06, 2010, 10:50:26 AM »

Okay, on this chat room. Would people have to return to the "lobby" to go to a room? Would it be a room for premiums only? Basically what would keep the problem from following us in?

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

bobbler

« #8 : April 06, 2010, 11:25:45 AM »

It would be a separate room like the sex room, where you only go into if invited...but only for chat.  No sex.  So yes you would have to return to the lobby.
Janine Dee

« #9 : April 06, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »

Umm I go into rooms to chat privately all the time. How would that be different except for the fact we wouldn't be able to decide to have sex if the mood went that way?

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Kaileen
: 32

« #10 : April 06, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »

Thats not my point. I understand the list and how its in order. But there should be a way  that the free users cant see the premiums so we can have our peace and quiet without getting cold invites and numerous chats on screen. Most premium users chat/play with other premiums. There should a be a way to make ourselves not seen. Nothing more aannoying than chatting with a few friends and having invites and rude ppl hounding you. Seems in my experience so far that most premium users have respect to others and do not cause problems.

You failed to understand the point i was making...

Ah, sorry. I see your point now (though I can't really relate since most premium and non-premium members treat me alike - as a person they'd rather just fuck than chatting with).
bobbler

« #11 : April 06, 2010, 04:19:10 PM »

Umm I go into rooms to chat privately all the time. How would that be different except for the fact we wouldn't be able to decide to have sex if the mood went that way?
You're right.  It wouldn't be.  Just an idea.
angel81

« #12 : April 08, 2010, 08:26:58 AM »

Well... This added chat room does sound appealing if it was available to paid members only. It is not the fact about engaging in sex. But its sad in order to chat with more than 1-2 friends i have to go into a private room to get away from the "pests". If this room was designed to hold an unlimited amount of people available to chat then yes it would solve the issues. If i want to play (sex) i can leave at my own choice leaving me at the mercy of the wolves.
bobbler

« #13 : April 08, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »

Glad you like the idea Angel.  Maybe we will see it one day.

We were told we would be getting a new GUI months ago, but we have not seen it yet  :(
Lover
: 10350

« #14 : April 08, 2010, 04:19:34 PM »

Hm, some of the discussions here are going into a dangerous direction I think. Yes, you are right, usially its free user who do the cold invites again and again. But I think we should not separate premium and free ones. I started as a premium at once. But many people first wanna try and decide after. And remember, a free user just needs a little gift and he becomes a premium. I dont think he/she is another (better) user then.

I started AChat after reading in another forum about it. So, I just knew, this is a place to have virtual sex with real people. What have I done the first day? I invited other people. I didnt even know its allowed to talk ;) The chat window was to small to recognize for me ;)

I admit, I dont have a good solution. I just want to say: Be careful saying right and wrong, good and bad members.

Lover

P.S. Maybe free members just can invite people on their friends/lover list?
« : April 08, 2010, 04:23:49 PM Lover »

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: