*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Account hacked
« previous next »
: [1]
: Account hacked  ( 7182 )
wordhunter
: 11

« : April 13, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »

Hello dear AChat team,

I am very sad to report that my AChat account seems to have been hacked. When I logged on this morning, my avatar was changed, so was my description. Some of my friends who were at the time online reported that someone had logged on earlier that day under my name and behaved like, quote, 'a real jerk'. I did change my login password and reverted the avatar to its previous state, however, I hope you could look at this in more detail. I very much hope that my credit card info has not been compromised.

Sincerest apologies to everyone who might have been affected, and please be careful with your account information. At the time, I have absolutely no idea how my login information could have ended up in the hands of a third party - I actually have been on not so regularly recently.
Lover
: 10350

« #1 : April 13, 2010, 11:24:29 PM »

Hi Wordhunter,
bad thing that happened to you. Maybe your Avatar has its own life? Sorry, not really a good joke. You can contact the support, maybe its faster then this forum. But its very good you posted it, so everyone is remembered to be careful with private things. We all should change our password each month or so.

Lover

Sandra92
: 7

« #2 : April 15, 2010, 12:07:55 AM »

my thoughts are with you honey,

I was hacked too ... but I hope that I didnt loose my reputation. Nobody told me about me behaving rude. Yesterday I had a look at my A$s and found out that I made a present of 2000 A$ without knowing about it ... please check your account once again.
And for the rest of this community ... take care of your computer system referring to spyware systems or viruses ... and choose a smart password.

good luck for all of you
« : April 15, 2010, 02:02:58 AM Sandra92 »

and never forget ... the most erotic organ ... is to be found upon your shoulders

cheers Sandra
Kaileen
: 32

« #3 : April 15, 2010, 06:06:39 AM »

The security is one thing that has been bothered me. The password is visible in plain text as you log in, not the typical *******. When you go to CCBill to order things the password is there too, meaning AChat actually share your password in plain text with third party companies. I find that quite disturbing. Luckily I cose a password I don't use anywhere else, but if it was one of my standard passwords I'd be quite upset about it.

I think AChat needs to look over the security and privacy arrangements of their software. Things need to be encrypted, having things stored in plain text is not an acceptable option. As the community grows I think this will become even more important.
BoySlut

« #4 : April 15, 2010, 10:29:18 AM »

I hacked on last Saturday too. I dont think this has to do with each member's computer.

Tom, do u use md5 when storing passwords in db?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: