*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Security overhaul needed
« previous next »
: [1]
: Security overhaul needed  ( 5501 )
Kaileen
: 32

« : April 15, 2010, 06:13:40 AM »

I have noticed that passwords are not encrypted, and passwords are passed along to third party companies. My password is visible in plain text as I log on, I would be expected something along the lines of *****. Now, if someone happened to look over my shoulders they would see my password and could then take over my account if they wished. I am guessing the passwords are also stored in plain text in the AChat database, which is quite terrible.

Furthermore, when I paid for premium membership I noticed that my password was visible in the CCBill acoknowledgement form, meaning AChat actually passes my password along to CCBill. This is quite serious, this means AChat has no proper security arrangements in place and their concern for our privacy seems to be lacking (or overlooked). Now I have a password here that I don't use anywhere else, but what if it was a password I used for my mail account or something even more sensitive?

I think this is an important issue. It might not affect the sex poses or your overall experience while playing. But as the community grows and more people start getting their accounts hacked I think this will become an extreme problem. It's way better to do something about it now than to wait for the complaints to be raining in. I for one don't like to see my password in plain text as I log in, or to see my password on my CCBill payment acknowledgement.
bobbler

« #1 : April 16, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »

I agree with you this is important.

I can't believe no one else has commented about it.

And it seems that there is a hacker on the loose getting into people's accounts, too  :(
Reporter
: 1

« #2 : April 16, 2010, 04:51:37 PM »

My account ChrisADA was hacked.  The person/persons who did it went in and changed all my information.  Changed it to some place in Bulgaria or France.  Either way...if you see this account, know it's been hacked and it WILL hack yours.  I suggest you have nothing to do with it.
Lover
: 10350

« #3 : April 18, 2010, 02:41:04 AM »

Yes, the A-Team must find a way to make it more safe, as we are giving personal datas. And they have to do anything possible to find the hacker. He is a criminal and must be punished.

Lover

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #4 : April 18, 2010, 11:55:12 AM »

It's pisses me off because they could use the time better (to come up with more lesbian positions ;) ) but yes, the system is growing, and the bad element is growing with it.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
vikka
: 19

« #5 : April 28, 2010, 01:43:08 AM »

My account ChrisADA was hacked.  The person/persons who did it went in and changed all my information.  Changed it to some place in Bulgaria or France.  Either way...if you see this account, know it's been hacked and it WILL hack yours.  I suggest you have nothing to do with it.

This guy has hacked other accounts too, also he has a free account named SaltPepper
sinnnn
: 1379

« #6 : April 30, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »

Thanks for the heads up guys.  I really didn't notice the CCbill thing.  Now I know and I totally agree.  Security is everything, you can start loosing ppl to other secure sites if you don't at least make some effort at security.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: