*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  The giving of gifts
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: The giving of gifts  ( 12685 )
Mixael
: 8

« : June 09, 2010, 05:19:01 AM »

First, I apologize if this is the wrong place to put this.

Now, can you give a gift other than A$?  I ask this because I thought you could and purchased quite a bit of stuff that is NOT for guys.  You know, "girl" clothes and stuff?  I met a girl that was VERY nice to me, and wanted to give her something so that this stuff isn't just wasted.  BUt I could find no way to do it.  IS there a way to give a gift of say, shoes to someone?  And if not, is there any way to get m money back on the items I can't use?

In case you didn't figure it out yet, I am quite new to AChat.  And I purchased the one year plan, so I know it isn't that.  Thanks for your time
joey
: 3

« #1 : June 09, 2010, 05:30:57 AM »

i also made this mistake kinda mirrored your eperience.i thought buy clothes gift them to kind girls but no.it obviously doesnt work that way.the thought of giving cash and saying buy what you want with it is not very caring and is so impersonel.please telll me if i am wrong and havent unlocked the way to gift properly.oh and the costs of these clothes has been taken from my account balance the items dont appear anywhere so yes am a fool for not searching boards etc b4 purchasing,but feel a valid problem needs addressing. :'(
Mixael

« #2 : June 09, 2010, 05:48:26 AM »

Well, I feel a BIT better knowing I'm not the only one that has had this happen  ;D

I'd still like some information on whether or not I've simply wasted the time and money, though.  If I find a way to give the items away, I'll let you know, and hope you do the same
joey

« #3 : June 09, 2010, 05:54:43 AM »

yes thank you.i will post here if i find an answer.
Carli
: 116

« #4 : June 09, 2010, 07:23:02 AM »

Hi Joey and Mixael,

Welcome to the forum! :)

No, you can't gifts items from to shop to girls, only A$. And no, you can't sell back items to the shop.

Both have been discussed extensively already here at the forum, so if you want to read up or add your point of view I suggest you do it there (under Say what you think, feel, imagine).
joey

« #5 : June 09, 2010, 07:45:11 AM »

thank you carlli for response.i now know so will let it go,and put it down to bad experience
 :'( :'(
Mixael

« #6 : June 09, 2010, 08:06:19 AM »

Wonder why I couldn't find anything about it when I tried a search?  Oh well.  Live and learn, I guess.
AZNLoverV
: 97

« #7 : June 09, 2010, 08:43:20 PM »

Wow, that's not cool.  Talk about waste of money.
Here's what I think:

1. You should be able to gift items to people.  When you buy there should be checkbox for put item in giftbox.  Then when you are online you click on your "giftbox" and give whatever is in there to whoever you like.
2. You should be able to sell back any unwanted items for half price.  That way you are not stuck with an entirely useless item that you don't like.
Carli
: 116

« #8 : June 10, 2010, 12:48:57 AM »

Very solid ideas AZNLoverV.

1) The current inventory system is not build for item gifts handling (for instance, you cannot have more than one of the same item), so I guess this would still require a lot of development work.

2) Now that is an idea! Selling the items back half price will prevent people from just buying items, using them and then discarding them again (selling back), because then you'll loose money. Still, I fear it just doubles the item prices in the long run.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #9 : June 10, 2010, 04:35:26 AM »

Carli's right about the gift box idea, but the 1/2 price back works for me.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
AZNLoverV
: 97

« #10 : June 10, 2010, 06:09:44 AM »

Oh and I think that it's wrong that only female characters can receive gifts. 
There doesn't seem to be any good reason for this limitation.
Gift giving should be a 2 way street, just like any other interactions.
Not allowing males to receive gifts means that you have not only banned F to M gifts but also M to M gifts.

Thinking logically, the more gifts that are given out, the more money is being spent in the Achat shop, so developers are also limiting their revenue using this 'sexist' based limitation on gifts.
« : June 10, 2010, 06:12:15 AM AZNLoverV »
bouli

« #11 : June 10, 2010, 10:12:29 AM »

One option I'd enjoy, but I doubt the team would find no interest in implementing is the possibility to let the people visiting you room use whatever's in your wardrobe. Accessing the character editor from within a room would then enable users to choose anything either partner has bought. This means I could shop for the things I like to see on my partners as well as myself.
Of course I know this could generate a smaller income over time, but it would pay off immensely the first few weeks.

Just a thought...
bobbler

« #12 : June 10, 2010, 01:26:56 PM »

Where do you people get the idea that they're going to let you sell the items you don't like back to them???  It's not like you bought it and it doesn't fit right.  You can see plain as day what you are buying in the shop.
Mixael

« #13 : June 10, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »

Wow, look what I started : ;D

Something that needs addressed ASAP, IMH, is that it is not CLEARLY stated that you can't give items, and that the "gifts" are ONLY money.  Why not call it cash or "pay"?
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #14 : June 10, 2010, 05:21:27 PM »

Because Bob somethings look good on the rack, but don't once you've tried them on... I've bought faces and I'm still using the factory spec because when I actually saw them in full 3D on my avatar I didn't like them.

But I was still out the cash... it's never been enough to complain, but if asked I will say I would have appreciated the ability to "try on" the outfits/bod mods... even just in character editor, because it was as soon as I saw it in there I knew I didn't want.

So maybe you can "try on" in editor, but you can't save character with a certain item unless you've bought it?

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: