*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  New User Interface
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
: do you like it?
yes   -17 (53.1%)
no   -2 (6.3%)
yes and no   -13 (40.6%)
: 29

: New User Interface  ( 41091 )
apollo13nut
: 262

« #15 : June 15, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »

I like it....the darker backgrounds for the areas of buttons, etc makes it easier to read (esp if the user has a blown up head shot).

The one thing I'll say here, then start a new topic, it looks like the new format could be ported to an iPhone app.
sinnnn
: 1379

« #16 : June 15, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »

Well right now I freaking hate it.  I think my upgrade didn't work.  The background is totally white and I can't see some of the titles unless my arrow runs over it by accident.  When I checked out the room, the camera movements was in invisiable blocks.  Now I will try to install again.  But this totally sucks for me right now.  :P
AZNLoverV
: 97

« #17 : June 15, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »

The interface looks a bit slicker but a few comments.

The chat area is now too small.  I'd like the option to be able to resize my chat window and drag it to make it bigger or even be able to move it around.

I like the new backgrounds.  More variety would be nice.  I also think we should have more ROOM backgrounds to pick from.

I'd still like to see virtual areas implemented as well as 'common' or 'public' chat for those areas.

Here's another idea, how about you give us camera options to rotate and view the profile of the person we're looking at? 
Or can it only be based on the snapshot?

Finally... the music is still terrible!  Give us better tunes, more variety, or better yet let us pick a source folder of mp3s to play the music from!
sinnnn
: 1379

« #18 : June 15, 2010, 11:00:35 PM »

OK, I fixed the pb.  Now I can change my first Hate it, to it looks a whole lot clearer.   Now as for liking it, give me a few days to get used to it and I can tell you then.
bouli

« #19 : June 16, 2010, 01:30:22 AM »

Bear: To quickly locate the profile of the person you're currently talking to (i.e. the one currently in your "send to" combobox where you can choose from latest contants) just press the "?" button and it will pop right up.
Is that the functionality you were looking for?
Carli
: 116

« #20 : June 16, 2010, 02:54:55 AM »

I'm one of the people who instantly liked the new look and feel. I especially liked the fact that you can see more friends in 1 view (9 instead of 7) and that you can see their pictures and their online status at the same time.

But I have to agree with one vital point of criticism: the chat window is waaaayyy too small. With multiple people hailing me and/or talking to me I simply cannot read anymore what my friends are saying. Then I have to try to scroll up, but that won't work because every time a new line is said to me it jumps back down. For me it's a nightmare.

Either make the window bigger, or expandible, so that the user can decide.
Carli

« #21 : June 16, 2010, 03:15:42 AM »

Ow, and a related question: how do I update my profile picture on this website? I took a new snapshot yesterday, but here it still shows the old one. I see new ones out here, so I guess  it can be done somehow...
Lover
: 10350

« #22 : June 16, 2010, 04:12:12 AM »

Carli, did you save your profile after taking the photo?

I see some improvements. But why aren't we able to logout straight from the room? I liked this after having fun, cause whne you just leave the room at once you get chats and invits sometimes. When I leave room I want to do other things first...

Before I give a finally statement I will check some days.

Carli

« #23 : June 16, 2010, 04:28:19 AM »

Yes I did, even logged out/in again. maybe it just takes a while for the update to show or something...
Lover
: 10350

« #24 : June 16, 2010, 04:42:48 AM »

You can logout straight from the room? I only can click on the "x" that's sleep modus. If I activate again I am still in the room. And I can leave the room. But not logout as long as I am in the room.

Carli

« #25 : June 16, 2010, 06:24:11 AM »

Don''t know about the private room, but I have a logout button in the general chat room at the top.

Another thing I noticed: the program doesn't keep the background I choose. After restarting it's not the same as before.
Bear
: 3856

« #26 : June 16, 2010, 06:45:34 AM »

Bear: To quickly locate the profile of the person you're currently talking to (i.e. the one currently in your "send to" combobox where you can choose from latest contants) just press the "?" button and it will pop right up.
Is that the functionality you were looking for?

*coughs, embarrassingly

ah,...yeah...always thought that was a help button and never pushed it. 

bobbler

« #27 : June 16, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »

It was much easier to find online people the old way. 

If you have suggestion to improve this feature (except that retrieving the old version) please tell us!

tom
well i don't right now but i will give it some thought
bobbler

« #28 : June 16, 2010, 02:52:03 PM »

a few things though:

the "show myself" button should be over to the left above the "show friends, lovers and spouses buttons"
also, is there any reason why the chat box can not be a bit taller and wider?
mikki
: 124

« #29 : June 16, 2010, 02:52:54 PM »

Well, second day in and I definitely do not like it any better. In fact, the more I deal with it the less I like it. Chat box is way too small. Definitely need a better wasy to identify if a user is available or in a room. and the list takes up way too much of the screen.
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  
« previous next »
: