*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Favorite Movies
« previous next »
: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
: Favorite Movies  ( 49611 )
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #75 : July 01, 2010, 12:47:37 AM »

I own both the Mortal Kombat movie soundtracks... because they were some of the finest movie soundtracks ever. I own neither of the movies... if this version of Mortal Kombat gets made I will probably own it.

The clip was put together by a director making a pitch, but the pitch was so spectacular the net had exploded with people wanting it to be real.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.200535-Mystery-Mortal-Kombat-Trailer-Will-Blow-You-Away

As a note close your eyes when baby Reptile is being shown.... your skin won't crawl... it will try to run away.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
sinnnn
: 1379

« #76 : July 01, 2010, 01:54:14 AM »

Thats wicked Dee, THANKS.  I hope they make it into a movie.  They HAVE TO.  It did have tha Resident Evil music feel, but I like how they made everyone human(odd humans). Also had my Borg girl from Voyager.  THEY HAVE TOOOOO.  ;D
« : July 01, 2010, 02:05:51 AM sinnnn »
Janine Dee

« #77 : July 01, 2010, 06:28:36 AM »

*cupping Sinnnn's face between my hands and giving her a big kiss* You're a Seven of Nine fan too? Yeah, I loved seeing Jeri Ryan, missed the cat suit, but loved seeing her. Still, same doe eyes, same very kissable lips... *sigh* if the Borg had realized the lure of sex appeal they could have used her to conquer the Federation.

For me I tend to think it's more to the core of what they were originally going for. I mean I wasn't even allowed near the franchise till much later in it, but all the mystic stuff felt like it was there to justify people killing each other with their bare hands. Though things like Scorpion's eyes say there may still be some mystical elements to it, but the Mortal in Mortal Kombat is now being given it's true top billing.

In this restart it's 2010 and that's a more acceptable movie premise.

I'm also in love with the idea of Scorpion the "hero"-ish character of the movie. Liu Kang is kind of a tool IMHO.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

sinnnn
: 1379

« #78 : July 01, 2010, 06:42:19 AM »

Now you'll know what you \'ll be wearing the next time we meet. ;)

I always like the human feel in movies.  I have the first MK movie, totally enjoyed it.  But to see someone struggle, fail but refuse to give, to pick themselves up and keep one fighting against insurmantable odds.   Superheros are cool, but the human touch is even better.  If they do it right I think new MK would be great.
Janine Dee

« #79 : July 01, 2010, 06:52:43 AM »

I have high hopes. The director seemed to have that human aspect in mind.

However I don't see this as much of a over coming the odds as a darker tale of vengeance. I mean even the cops, the "good guys" are saying they want our hero to go to the tournament and make the world a better place by killing all the baddies on the roster.

All the characters seem darker, and I see that hanging over the whole story... again assuming it's made.  :P

Oh, and the suit unzips at the back of the collar? At least it did in all those fantasies about introducing Seven to that aspect of her humanity.  ;D

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Lover
: 10350

« #80 : July 01, 2010, 07:12:53 AM »

When Seven of Nine appeared in Voyager, the numbers of audience increased.... and I understood it.

Janine Dee

« #81 : July 01, 2010, 01:44:06 PM »

I've said before, I love Trek, but Voyager wasn't very good. It was still good enough to be called Trek, but it was lacking. When Jeri Ryan was introduced she brought a great deal to the show both as a performer and as the character she was given, and yes it was all wrapped up in a wonderful wrapper.

Now... should we move this to the new OT board? And kudos to you for suggesting it Lover.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #82 : April 25, 2014, 08:49:43 PM »

I love this  move  One Night with the King

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
FoxyRoxxy

DESERT ROSE

« #83 : July 23, 2014, 11:35:16 AM »

Lover
: 10350

« #84 : December 29, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #85 : May 10, 2015, 11:55:35 AM »

*SPIOLER ALERT!!! *

Last Warning!!!

So I went and saw Avengers: Age of Ultron with the kids and I am now a Brutasha fan.
Like most people that like that ship though, it was so little. They needed like half a movie to flesh this relationship out, instead we only get a few minutes.

Best scene is when Black Widow tells Bruce she adores him and smacks him with a kiss... just as she pushes him into a giant sink hole "but I need the other guy."
And moments later a giant green hulk comes jumping up no worse for wear. (with actually a shit eating grin on his face)

The critics are right. It's very fast moving and you may get a little lost, but you will never be bored.

« : May 10, 2015, 12:13:04 PM Momma_andrea »

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
NeceMay
: 51

« #86 : May 10, 2015, 06:59:11 PM »

I remember when I watched the music video i was grinning cause I play DCUOL that's where my robot that is saving the universe comes in...The thing that grabbed me about that video was right when their eyes met.  And she was seeing him...his hopes his desire his pain.  I felt it...Of course she is one of my fave actors.

So it made me get on a love song binge for like the last half hour!

I enjoy the stuff u pick and I like the feelings that it draws out in me to hear that tune down the corridor and go swing it open!

I mean go listen to the song :)

Thank u for being fun!
jingerbird
: 392

« #87 : May 13, 2015, 04:02:06 AM »

Ok so my favourite movies are generally thought of as kids movies....just goes to show my mental age

Come chat with more than just one person at a time at The Town Square.. http://achatsquare.chatango.com
FoxyRoxxy

DESERT ROSE

« #88 : June 16, 2015, 02:09:17 AM »

I JUST FISHED WATCHING 

The Burning Plain

I LOVED IT   :o

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #89 : April 03, 2016, 04:14:30 PM »

Saving Mr. Banks
with Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson (Colin Farrel as the father)

What a wonderful movie this was. When it starts there are flash backs between 1962 back to 1909 and you must make assumptions as to who the little girl is, but it's not hard. It is about the author of Mary Poppins and the hoops she made Walt Disney jump through before signing over the rights to her books.
But I was hooked when she said to her agent; "You don't know what she means to me" (meaning Mary Poppins, her creation) And I smiled wide, I know what she means to her.

So we are off on this journey through Mrs. Travers' memories of her father and her childhood and we come to learn how and why she created this literary character and in the very end Why Mr. Banks must be saved.  I cried many times toward the end because I understood, I could empathize with Mrs.Travers about why we create the stories we do to reshape our worlds and the image of those we love in them. No matter how imperfect they are, we guard them and build different people around them.

For the amount of time Tom hanks is in this film, you may consider him just a supporting character but seeing as he is playing Walt Disney he is the male lead. And many times he tries to convey his love for Mary Poppins and that he can be trusted with her but it isn't until he tells his own story of his father and the childhood he went through that he finally convinces Mrs. Travers that he understands who Mary Poppins is there to save.

I give it a solid "B"
I may have to wait a few months or years but I can see me watching this film again and again.
I can see it becoming a beloved favorite like "To Kill a Mockingbird" (which I have probably seen 20 times)
« : April 04, 2016, 01:59:36 AM Momma_andrea »

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
: