*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  FAQ (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  WARNING! Fake website tries to deceive AChat users.
« previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
: WARNING! Fake website tries to deceive AChat users.  ( 93468 )
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #60 : July 28, 2011, 05:17:42 PM »

Sunny, typing in all caps is basically considered "shouting", pretty much since chatting/posting first started, and if you'll notice now that I brought it up the ranting has been replaced by personal attacks.

Because I should obviously be ashamed of myself for wanting civil behavior.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
islandsun
: 1597

« #61 : July 28, 2011, 05:36:21 PM »

Fair enough I respect everyones opinion , shouting I gree is not civil !

But people can feel frustrated and lose it , If they feel they have`nt been treated fairly !

tigershark
: 33

« #62 : July 28, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »

you dont give two shits about civil....you just want it your way....and think people should march to your beat....sorry darlin aint happenin here...I dont need anyones permission or approval....and yeah it was passive....only thing is....I dont play that game...someone gets hacked on a site I own.....let em type in caps...and let me get busy clearin it up....but one thing I aint gonna do, is let some person talk around me and call me unreasonable....Im sure youve never used your caps lock key....cuz its obvious you wave your ''hero member'' status like a flag....so youve been around longer n made more posts...big deal!!....I have a problem and the ''a-team'' aint addressing the issue...so if you dont have anything productive to that end...you should maybe keep your posts to yourself...not every comment needs your stamp of approval or disapproval....and YOU ATTACKED ME....and you know it

At best good or bad, the best you can ever expect people to be, are people.
Adera
: 3047

« #63 : July 28, 2011, 05:54:22 PM »

I don't know of any other courses of action one can take in this case other than those Keiko stated. Contacting the scammers hosting company seems like a really good idea actually.

AChat has sent out a message to everyone and they've made this informative thread on the forum in their efforts to try and inform us about this so it can be prevented. The problem is that when someone has fallen into the trap the damage is already done and even if the offending account is banned I'm afraid the scammers wont really be hurt by this... but sure banning should be done either way.
tigershark

« #64 : July 28, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »

Adera...let me pose it to you like this......someone attempts to rob you...you call the police...the police take no action...dont reply to you at all....then when you shout to point out the person that tried to rob you is still there and possibly continuing the same behaviours...youre told youre being unreasonable...what is unreasonable is that every day since Zoey85 tried to scam me...they have been the first person that shows on my searches....now what Im saying is if achat is doing anything about this fraud....why is this person still there?...and here it comes...why arent you guys as pissed about this as I am?   and yes I sent the chatlog to admin.   Im not asking for or wanting advice....she didnt get me cuz I was already aware. I know what to do and I did it. Now what is admin gonna do?....let Zoey85 keep right on at it?  While hero members bitch cuz I used caps?
« : July 28, 2011, 06:04:04 PM tigershark »

Adera

« #65 : July 28, 2011, 06:22:53 PM »

The reason why I'm not as pissed about this is because I've been made aware of this before being faced with anyone trying to scam me but then again I haven't even been faced with any scamming attempts here myself.

Anyway I do think the scamming sucks and despise the people doing this... but its like the terrorist attack in Norway I feel like its out of my hands.
tigershark

« #66 : July 28, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »

let me clarify this for you guys......they didnt hack me.....I knew about the fake website....when Zoey85 sent the link I immediately sent the log to admin and exited the room....I'll say it once more....Ive got no response from the admins and Zoey85 is still in achat....my problem is this...I reported the person and I made her name known on the forum....if its a her at all with the rampant gender fraud thats allowed...why is this person not banned?...if they have the resources to make a new account...so be it...but ban the one that PAYING MEMBERS have reported, unless of course, you support them...which by their presence Im forced to believe that the admins dont have a problem with it...thnx for the warning and all but when I send you a chatlog do something about it

Adera

« #67 : July 28, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »

I think they're investigating it... or it could be that the ones that can ban are on vacation now.
islandsun
: 1597

« #68 : July 28, 2011, 07:47:27 PM »

But it is in our hands !
I deal with passports from all over the world , and have to fax securcrity home land U S A .
This is achat, some one reported a scam !
And he feels if`s nothings being taken care of !
End of story !
Nothing wrong w peoplle standing up for them selfs !
Just keep it on track .

lol  HATE this seriouse shit ! HERE > but a scamm is ascam and should be taken care of !

ok for give my misspells > just me > sunny
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #69 : July 28, 2011, 11:49:30 PM »

I think Tigershark voiced his opinion perfectly clear. And, like Janine said, it would be best to try and keep discussions on this matter civil. I'm sure she means speaking with respect to other members, offering solutions, etc. instead of pure emotion.
     I understand the need to vent your frustrations but no one here should be subjected to personal attacks.
     I think you should have the right to speak your peace and be open to critique and criticism. Janine isn't flaunting her "rank" as you put it, Tigershark.
     She's been a member of these boards for a long time and I'm sure she has discussed these kinds of topics multiple times so look to her as you would a wise elder. I'm still a newbie here but I've been treated no differently.

susy_a
Administrator
: 101

« #70 : July 29, 2011, 03:03:38 AM »

The main point of this thread is, please never enter your pass outside of the AChat system. All other stuff is off-topic here in my view.
tigershark

« #71 : July 29, 2011, 09:27:53 PM »

so suzy you guys gonna do anything about Zoey85 or not?

tigershark

« #72 : July 29, 2011, 09:35:58 PM »

The main point of this thread is, please never enter your pass outside of the AChat system. All other stuff is off-topic here in my view.

no the post tom made in the other section is to inform us....this thread is to discuss said threat...is it a problem Im calling for action?...I reported her and shes still here....so I guess my satisfaction and other's security doesnt matter?....youve responded to janine dee and others concerning this...WARNED THEM not to help anymore...but I feel Ive been ignored...and yes thats what this thread is for.

susy_a
Administrator
: 101

« #73 : July 30, 2011, 02:23:46 AM »

If a paying user's account was hacked, and subsequently restored, then she/he is allowed to play further, for now this is the policy.
tigershark

« #74 : July 30, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »

If a paying user's account was hacked, and subsequently restored, then she/he is allowed to play further, for now this is the policy.

so what youre saying is that if people are sending chatters that link, you're ok with that?

: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
: