*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  copy and paste
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: copy and paste  ( 12051 )
nippur
: 7

« : October 11, 2010, 01:57:59 AM »

After new update copy and past inside achat client into chat sessions doest work any more... why?
It's to usefull when you want paste a translated sentence.....

Please, solve it.
tom
Administrator
: 336

« #1 : October 11, 2010, 02:18:47 AM »

This function was used to send spam messages and ads.
tom
nippur

« #2 : October 11, 2010, 04:39:49 AM »

just think who dont talk and write very well english and must copy and paste into a translator....

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Is there other way?
TightFit74
: 2415

« #3 : October 11, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »

I can understand Nippur asking the quesiton. The AChat game window is too big to have a website open next to it so that retyping would be easy. Now you have to switch from the game window to the internet window. And, unfortunately, this doesn't go very quick :) I understand how inconvenient this is.
And, to be honest, imagine how much this hinders spammers and scammers? I'd rather have them having trouble with sending a lot of messages then you being able to copy and paste because your english isn't great. This is a typical case of where the 'good guys' suffer from the bad guys. So it's a choice that had to be made and I can understand why they made this one.
 The choice for a better experience of AChat through trying to minimize scam and spam and not considering the people who use a translator to have a better experience on Achat is also partly an economical decision I imagine (phew, what a long sentence...). The majority of members is from english-speaking countries (or where english is at a high level because of education). So they will listen sooner to their complaints because they bring in more income.

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
nippur

« #4 : October 12, 2010, 02:04:35 AM »

Is't  possible disable only paste into achat windows? With only copy (CTRL-C) from achat windows nobody can make spam....
TightFit74

« #5 : October 12, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »

What's the use of just being able to copy and not paste?

Lover
: 10350

« #6 : October 12, 2010, 02:05:08 PM »

He can copy the words, the friend is writing and paste them to translator. It's not the best, but a bit easier.

MrMonro
: 4

« #7 : October 14, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »

I think that is very inconvinient to use AChat without Copy&Past function. My English is not good and i always chating with help of translator, but now i can't do this. Nobody wants to wait while i'm retyping my messages from translator window to AChat. I'm Premium user, i have payed money for comfortable chating but now i'm deprived this ability. I think that it's not correct. I'm the one of  hundred or maybe even thousands who suffering from this. It must be another way to solve the problem of spam. Please switch on Copy&Past function, we can't chating without it.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #8 : October 14, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »

Which raises the question, could cut and paste be another premium perk. It's doubtful premiums would spam, and if so they could be reported and found much easier.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
MrMonro

« #9 : October 14, 2010, 05:15:43 PM »

Janine Dee, good idea. I agree!
TightFit74

« #10 : October 14, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »

I don't agree Janine. It should be available for both prems as non prems or noone. The exclusivity should be in the action, not the way people connect, get interested in AChat and become premiums.

Lover
: 10350

« #11 : October 15, 2010, 09:37:33 AM »

I'm with TightFit. You also punish prem members if you give only them the possibility for c&p.

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #12 : October 16, 2010, 01:02:38 AM »

Well at this point no one has it. I'm just suggesting a way it could come back without unleashing a wave of spammers.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
MrMonro

« #13 : October 16, 2010, 04:42:04 AM »

Anyway, canceling of Copy&Past function isn't best way of solving the problem of spam, because it limits ability of hundreds people connect with each other normaly. Many people had payed money for comfortable chating but in result can't get it. I repeat, that it's not correct.
TightFit74

« #14 : October 16, 2010, 05:28:05 AM »

I agree with both Janine and MrMonro that it's not the greatest solution they came up with and that a lot of people are hindered broadening their horizon. I think that's a big shame.
For the moment though, they are trying to have AChat as accessible as possible for as many people as possible. If we want unrestricted chat possibilities, we should expect a (much) higher fee for the service. In order to stop scams and spams, moderators will have to be hired and, especially in a field like this, labour costs make up the majority of costs needed to run an operation like this.
So the question, i think, is: do we want to pay more and have a better experience/service, or do we enjoy the low fees and accept not being able to use all technical possibilities of a text-program...

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: