*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Chat window - sign, your partner is writing
« previous next »
: [1]
: Chat window - sign, your partner is writing  ( 6936 )
Lover
: 10350

« : February 01, 2012, 12:43:42 PM »

In each messenger software you see when your chat partner is writing, usually there are 3 little points running.
Is it a) possible and b) a good idea to have something like this, too?

I think it would be helpful. Though I believe it's just possible in room. Outside everyone can write to you and it could be impossible oder very confusing.
What do you think?

medjai
: 415

« #1 : February 01, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »

I agree, outside the room it would be useless and only confusing but inside it would be very helpfull, that way we can avoid writing over each other when being descriptive or rping
Jacquesza
: 50

« #2 : February 01, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »

/sign
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #3 : February 01, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »

it can be rreally usefull in some situatuion. About having it outside the room, well, it can create just a big mess

sexilicious
: 2755

« #4 : February 01, 2012, 04:57:30 PM »

it is a very good idea. I know I for one like knowing that someone is writing me so I can wait for what they are saying then they can see that i'm typing a response to what they said.

West69
: 123

« #5 : February 01, 2012, 05:53:54 PM »

In each messenger software you see when your chat partner is writing, usually there are 3 little points running.
Is it a) possible and b) a good idea to have something like this, too?

I think it would be helpful. Though I believe it's just possible in room. Outside everyone can write to you and it could be impossible oder very confusing.
What do you think?

The more communication improvement, the better. Sometimes I am writing, and they have already said, "Yes." ::)
TightFit74
: 2415

« #6 : February 03, 2012, 02:12:22 AM »

With the usual mesengers, you open a seperate chat when you are talking, allowing more information to be shown. The way AChat is set up is, as soon as you log in, you are approachable to all.
Displaying a message that your partner is writing, means a new chat-connection would have to be made. Inside the room is a different situation. Still, I think the whoe set-up of axchanging messages should be re-createdif they want to make this possible..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Adera
: 3047

« #7 : February 03, 2012, 03:30:09 AM »

Giving the chat an overhaul would be nice, it's kinda cumbersome at times now and yes, an indication that shows when you partners is writing while in a room would be nice.
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #8 : February 03, 2012, 03:36:31 AM »

@Tight: Lover is not asking to make it work like messenger in the general chat, but only in room, or this is what i had understand. it will be a really good solution in some RP, cause you risk to overwrite your partner message sometimes......well this happend in a normal chat too, anyway.

About the general chat, i think we really need some sort of filter or the famous "busy button". mmmmmhhh, wonder what the dev-team think of this!
« : February 03, 2012, 06:45:31 AM hentaiboy69 »

Lover
: 10350

« #9 : February 03, 2012, 06:26:52 AM »

You're right hentai. I thought about the idea of this sign and very fast I recognized, it's just possible in room.
Of course, it must not be the 3 points, I'm open minded. E.g. the colour of the person's name who is writing changes, an insertion ....

It would be perfect to have to in general chat, too. But the usual solution would lead to a mess, I'm sure.

Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #10 : February 03, 2012, 07:33:27 AM »

i agree with the idea of see when someone write something in room this can help verry well sometimes  ;D

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
Pafe
: 548

« #11 : February 04, 2012, 07:10:59 AM »

Hiya's...

I like this idea, too.  It would be useful to see that I am about to be responded to or asked something.  Especially for me because I talk a lot.. (lol) both here and in Real Life.  'Though there have been time when I am with someone in a room and we are so connected that we type practically the same thing.  That can feel awsome.  :D

Thanks for letting me share,
Pafe

: [1]  
« previous next »
: