*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Funny presents
« previous next »
: [1]
: Funny presents  ( 4141 )
Lover
: 10350

« : October 04, 2012, 07:28:53 PM »

I wanna collect some funny ideas for presents. I love to have fun on a party and also am curious about the different kind of presents in several countries.
I call it funny presents but of course you also my post nice, seldom, interesting or gimmick presents.
« : October 04, 2012, 07:42:16 PM Lover »

Lover
: 10350

« #1 : October 04, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »

If you give money as a present think about "hiding" it in a box of gypsum. Make sure you only have coined money. Put it in aluminium foile, each coin in an own piece of foile. Share it in the gypsum as long as it's not hard.

Wrap it in wrapping paper. Make sure the receiver has to open it during the party. To "help" him give him a very little hammer - and have a real big hammer in background because he won't make it with a little one. Before he opens place a big bin-liner or a big peace of foile on the floor. There will be a lot of garbage ;)

If you are cruel you tell him how many coins he has to find - and tell him one number more then it really is ;D

Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #2 : October 05, 2012, 06:40:00 AM »

Ever since I can remember,  each year my mom would gift me a Terry's chocolate orange for Christmas.  At first it was wrapped in Xmas paper in the shape it was bought,  a cube shape.   Then as the years passed, the Orange was wrapped in more intricate shapes,  bigger boxes,  sometimes  one as big as a shoe box,  sometimes one so big it could hold a TV and stuffed with newspaper or polystyrene bits to stop it rattling around. Sometimes it was padded with paper to distort it to make it  take a different shape.

It became a tradition and a present  I always looked forward to because it was not only one of my favourite chocolates but the care and fun of it was special too.  A gift of love between  mom and daughter.

Then the time came when ,  mom passed away and my first dreaded Xmas without her.   Xmas morning came and .......   I had my orange.  :)

Like me,  my sister had taken it upon herself to carry on the tradition  and unknown to each other,  we  wrapped our Oranges as mom would have done , with love and care and in memory of her, and ensured the other received it in time for Xmas.

A legacy from her to her daughters that we shall keep alive....   I think Mom would be pleased ... Her gift of love continues ...

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Covems
: 1688

« #3 : October 06, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »

Miss Brandy, I love your Mother!  She would fit right in with my family, because we used to do the same sort thing to each other.  My Dad had this damn springy snake, you know, the kind that pops out of the can of nuts.

Anyway, he used to hide that in my presents.  I never knew which box or package it would shoot out of.  And even though I knew it was among the presents it would always make me jump.  He used to just laugh and laugh.  Even the time it shot out and took out a couple of glass ornaments from the tree, my Mom got annoyed, but not Dad, he just laughed harder.

After my Dad passed, it wasn't continued with my siblings, but once I thought my son was old enough, the snake suddenly started to  appear for him on Chrismas.  I understand my Dad's joy from it, and I'm so grateful for those memories of him.

*Be good or at least be good at what you are doing*
ssgt
: 111

« #4 : November 13, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »

This post brings back some fond memories growing up in my childhood.

My Grandmother, God bless her, couldnt afford to spend much money for Christmas but we all looked forward to our gift from her. 

She would take socks ans fill them with fruit and nuts.  We all looked forward to them.  We loved the fruit but Grandma always put something special inside them.  Homemade peanut bridle, home made candy or little toy items she made. 

Those things were so simple but bring back the fondest memories of Christmas
Kingdustin
: 598

« #5 : November 14, 2012, 08:09:24 AM »

Very touching story Brandy.

One Christmas,my mother filled are stockings with coal. Yes real Coal. and first few present from Santa had coal in them too. It was mean prank to play but it made much more enjoyable seeing her come out with bran new stockings fill with all sorts of goodies. few years late as a reminder. she this little bag Of coal shape gum in my stocking. The memoirs flooding back all way bring smile to my face. we did not have a lot money for Christmas, the thing my mother did to bring the joy a normal life, alway warm my heart. She is very caring person and it is thanks to her I am who I am. I thanks her for it when ever I can.

true beauty lies in great friendship =)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: