*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Heading out of town
« previous next »
: [1]
: Heading out of town  ( 4879 )
jcm0824

« : July 19, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »

Hey everyone. Just another thought for those of us that travel o occasion. It would be nice to know the better places to go when visiting a new part of the country, state, or area that others live in or have been to.
SnowBunny78
: 93

Dixie Sweetheart

« #1 : July 19, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »

i agree with you James....  ;D

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #2 : July 20, 2013, 03:41:33 AM »

I see what you mean, James....a sort of guide of the most wonderful place to visit of each coutry! it's a nice idea.....i allow it!  ;D

Lover
: 10350

« #3 : July 20, 2013, 03:48:30 AM »

Indeed it's a good idea. We just should have a common map. Something like..

State:
Area/Location:

We're from all over the world here :)

tangoracer
: 3444

« #4 : July 20, 2013, 05:52:44 AM »

Country    England
State      LOL      Hampshire
Area/Location      My house    All are welcome to pop round for a cold beer

LOL Back to the subject in hand

Country    England
State         London
Area          Central  London

London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Lots of Museums

Best way to see all the great site is to get an Oyster card and travail on all public transport for the one cheep prise 

jayc
: 1600

« #5 : July 20, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »

USA
chicago illinois

the art institue
museum of science and industry
the Adler planetarium
the Field museum of natural history..............my favorite
the Lake front
100s of good places to eat...........we are known for our steakhouses
SnowBunny78
: 93

Dixie Sweetheart

« #6 : July 20, 2013, 11:19:20 AM »

Well I don't know about Pittsburg but I can find out from some people that live up that way and let you know.

As far for anyone that ever wants to come to Virginia ... I can help out some. Virginia is a state of mountains, cities, country, and beach.  There is alot of history here... let me share my city with you..

I live in Roanoke, Va aka Star City.  If you come here you can enjoy alot of different things.  There is market street, where you can enjoy nice small shops, as well as live music, number of restraunts, One of my favs I would have to say is Thelma's Waffles and Chicken.. *YUMMY* The atmosphere is great there, and so is the food for a a great price. They also have a bar there, and on some nights they have karaoke.  Some other things markey street has to offer during the summer is open market stuff, fresh cut flowers, fresh garden foods during the summer, during the winter bake goods, home made wreaths for the holidays, almost like stepping back in time before we had over sized grocery stores to walk in. At night time the street becomes a place of clubs, live music in numerous bars.

If you have a active life there are numerous of gyms around, but if you are more a nature person.. we have a nature walk that is about 5 miles long beside the river.  There is also a more advance trail that goes through the woods and up to the 86foot man made star that sits on top of MIll Mountain that over looks the city. *hint STAR CITY*  

There are lots of things to do in Roanoke, if the city life isn't for you there are plenty of country with in 20 mins of Roanoke, tons of wineries, My fav. is  Peaks of Otter winery. They have very unique wines.  

If you like NASCAR, oh there is a track south of us about a hour drive.  The beach is about 4 hours away. If you like amusement parks we have those too with in a couple hours drive. And if you love history, this state is the place to be. Not even 30 miles from Roanoke is a D-Day Memorial, very historical, there is a ton of museums, history and art. Right in the heart of Roanoke.  It is affordable, and lots of things to do for ones that don't have alot time or money. But there are the finer things of Roanoke too.

If you ever make it to this town and I am around... LET me know I will be more than happy to show ya around.. :)

Lover
: 10350

« #7 : July 27, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »

:D Rather perfect I would say

: [1]  
« previous next »
: