*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Shemales and their lovers in AChat (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Sexism??? Or Something Else???
« previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4]
: Sexism??? Or Something Else???  ( 38818 )
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #45 : November 14, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »

the economy works the same here as a grocery store, supply is just infinite so demand probably governs it
that's the point.....infinite supply for few, not for all! so, why homo, lesbian or shemale have to pay for the pleasure of hetero!? i know, hetero is the most population, bla bla bla.......so, why A-team have to put all the weigth on the shoulders of a minority population!?

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #46 : November 15, 2011, 08:51:46 AM »

Because servers don't run on "fair".

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
inazuma
: 99

« #47 : November 15, 2011, 04:52:04 PM »

hankering to whats perceived as demand and only releasing poses for who are in the majority is ultimately bad business. I'd argue that there's more than enough straight poses, that making more is just flooding a full market, whilst other, minority members are being ignored. How can anyone expect a gay user to pay for membership when freebie straight guys get almost the same number of poses and we dont even have basics like kissing and missionary. A few more poses here would encourage gay guys to buy and renew membership, as they can see its worth something, rather than leaving after a few weeks disappointed. The demand is high, I know that there are a lot of guys, Bi and Gay, who would bite your arm of for a few more MM poses. There's a strong need for more poses, and if Achat isn't willing to provide of gay users it shouldn't ask them to pay.

(I can only speak as a gay guy and not for the lesbian or shemale users because I dont know about them)

Please! give us more poses!
Janine Dee

« #48 : November 16, 2011, 01:01:37 AM »

I agree.

The problem is that you have an assured income stream versus a presumed one. It's like leaving a job you know that you can do, and do well, and support yourself with for a new job where you could get fired in the first week.

I just see the "No fair." argument as kinda unfair to the Development Team as they are just trying to make sure there is enough money to keep the power on.

Pointing out what they could make with alt positions (like you are doing) is what I feel is more productive.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

inazuma

« #49 : November 16, 2011, 08:46:58 AM »

Achat won't shut down because It makes a new pose for a minority. Achat makes it most of its money by attracting new paying members and hoping old ones will renew their membership. If Achat uses the investment it would cost them to make a new straight pose on a MM, SS or FF pose, would that cause straight members to quit or discourage them from buying membership? considering how many MF poses there already Its doubtful anyone will care. Now if you add more LGBT poses, it will attract new customers from that community who desperately want more poses. A decent pose set attracts and keeps customers, its not like there arent thousands of gay/bi/ bi curious men who would enjoy Achat IF it provided more for them to do.

Janine Dee

« #50 : November 16, 2011, 09:38:41 AM »

inazuma, sweetie, I agree. I'm not saying I don't. I'm just playing Development Team's advocate  because there have been some posters who seem to think the Development Team sits around twirling their black mustaches trying to figure out more ways to screw over their  subscribers.

They are trying to stay viable, and yes, make a profit. It's up to us subscribers to keep them aware that they can make a LGBT profit is what I am trying to say.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Bear
: 3856

« #51 : November 16, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »

Well they should pay attention,... I would  think it to  be a dedicated customer base when given proper attention.

when it comes to shemales the SS MS positions are seriously lacking...They don't need the correction as much on the SF play right at the moment, in comparison to those 2.

I have stated it many times Janine,... the lack of FF development has puzzled me. The numbers certainly support that more should be provided simply due to the high percentage of Bi's in the community. It just strikes me it would encourage more to join.

inazuma

« #52 : November 16, 2011, 04:43:39 PM »

I can understand the development's thinking, but I'm trying to say is that less of investment in MF will not reduce overall profits, as Achat doesn't get money from individual poses, because we don't buy poses with real money. Revenue comes from new members and renewals, so therefore the Development team should be finding ways of bringing new premiums. At the moment, Straight premiums have little to complain about, they have had a great deal investment etc. and so the number of new premiums and renewals wouldn't be affected. Yet there are so few poses for the 'minorities' that they're not sticking around. thus achat are losing customers to favor a customer group that they already firmly have and won't lose any time soon. Its easy to think that that you HAVE to keep making poses for the majority to make a profit, but investing in underdeveloped areas will ultimately increase the numbers whilst flooding the straight poses will, in the end, simply reach the point that it wont make a difference to new membership.

Janine Dee

« #53 : November 16, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »

Now THAT is a good way to put it Ina! It is thoughts like that which I think will have the best chance of getting through to the development team.

While things like Stonewall had their place I truly believe that it was the realization that "We're here, we're queer, and we have disposable income." is what truly has made most of the difference.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Bear

« #54 : November 16, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »

Now THAT is a good way to put it Ina! It is thoughts like that which I think will have the best chance of getting through to the development team.

While things like Stonewall had their place I truly believe that it was the realization that "We're here, we're queer, and we have disposable income." is what truly has made most of the difference.

Successful businesses follow that money trail here in this area...it should make any capitalist creme in their pants with the potential profit.

The only point I can make it is likely not a immediate full gratification... but over time, which would be successful as long as SOMETHING is coming out to satisfy that customer base.

inazuma

« #55 : November 16, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »

Theres a massive market, Achat could really become popular if it reaches out to the LGBT community, theres a profit in it. Putting aside the unfairness argument, that a paying user shouldn't be ignored because hes part of a minority, financially there's a big benefit to attracting new gay users. As I've said before, simply being able to kiss and hug your partner will make it more enjoyable.

Adera
: 3047

« #56 : November 17, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »

You have a good point there Inazuma, I hope the developers reads it.
inazuma

« #57 : November 17, 2011, 02:26:22 AM »

how is anything we say being communicated to the development team? do they have accounts on the forums? 

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #58 : November 17, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »

Tom and Suzy do it, i presume, cause they are admin of the forum. as u can see inazuma, the poll for new poses and clothes tread was started by Suzy

Bear

« #59 : November 17, 2011, 12:02:56 PM »

And though you might not think so they do listen and like to pick our brains from time to time. Give Tom credit for jumping in for requesting suggestions with the pose category issue.

: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
: