*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Italian politico convicted for pulling son's hair
« previous next »
: [1]
: Italian politico convicted for pulling son's hair  ( 5261 )
Adera
: 3047

« : September 20, 2011, 01:44:04 AM »

Here's an article about it written in English: http://www.thelocal.se/36104/20110913/

Honestly, I wasn't even aware that some countries in EU allows corporal punishment on children... I kinda thought that was a third world thing nowadays. :-\

Anyway its apparently a discussion with quite the controversy, to me its just plain wrong to do it while Italians for example are baffled about our law against it. I just can't see what good it can make to slap your child... and imo those that do doesn't know what parenting really is.
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #1 : September 20, 2011, 01:55:38 AM »

As italian, i can't be proud of this.
But i don't totally agree whit u Adera.....In this last years, children growing faster and have loose respect for adult (a lot of them!), especially becouse parents are really away from them for works or other. I don't wanna justify him, but sometimes a slap can work more better then simple word, specially when children don't wanna listen after 3 or more advice. and, please, don't say it's a third world thing....maybe the problem whit baby gang is this: adults be to permissive whit children!

Adera
: 3047

« #2 : September 20, 2011, 03:18:13 AM »

Slapping probably works short term and in a suppressing way but I think its a shortcut to what you want to teach and therefore you loose understanding.

Children learn through your actions so you should treat them with respect, listen to them and care for them or you wont get any of that in return.

Sure you can be stern with children and at times you should be, but you shouldn't overreact and punish them since the only lesson taught then will be that "I'll get punished if I do this" and basing your morals on that notion is imo wrong.
hentaiboy69

« #3 : September 20, 2011, 06:13:24 AM »

you are right, Adera.....fisical punition must be the last option, not an usual way to teach them lesson. But sometimes it's needed

Urban
: 329

« #4 : January 02, 2012, 03:11:50 PM »

you are right, Adera.....fisical punition must be the last option, not an usual way to teach them lesson. But sometimes it's needed
Same here, the slap or the old school "but kick" is the last warning. I am not a fan of physical punishment (of course between 2 adults it is different  :P) but if a kid tell me "hoo fuck you old fart !" hummm probably my hand will have a bad "reflex".
hentaiboy69

« #5 : January 02, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »

Same here, the slap or the old school "but kick" is the last warning. I am not a fan of physical punishment (of course between 2 adults it is different  :P) but if a kid tell me "hoo fuck you old fart !" hummm probably my hand will have a bad "reflex".
well, most depends about the circumstances....but anyway, it's not good at last, but can happend

: [1]  
« previous next »
: