*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Organizations & Events
| |-+  Events (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Promoting the Forum
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 9
: Promoting the Forum  ( 73121 )
Janine Dee
: 2541

« : January 09, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »

I think everyone here will agree that the Forum could use more members. Not only would it improve things here on the forum, but it could do wonders on AChat itself, drumming up interest, increasing feedback, just increasing communication all around.

The trick is how.

-On the development team's side I would suggest posting a link in the program for when it's first opened that directs to our user made FAQ's. Not only would it give people lessons on how to NOT be a nuisance, it will hopefully increase forum useage.

-We here on the forum could come up with a message that we'll agree on to post in our profiles. Making it uniform will hopefully not just let people know there is a forum, but that it actively communicates.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Adera
: 3047

« #1 : January 09, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »

Promoting the forum would be good, getting more people here even greater... well as long as they behaved somewhat. A sudden rush of inconsiderate users could be troublesome, though I hope we'd gain some good users as well.
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #2 : January 09, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »

-We here on the forum could come up with a message that we'll agree on to post in our profiles. Making it uniform will hopefully not just let people know there is a forum, but that it actively communicates.
that's the bad point, cause less users read profile, you know it Janine. anyway, yes, it will be good to find a way to promote the forum inside the game and an option can be the famous preview about poses someone had suggested recently (don't remember who was, sorry!)

Lover
: 10350

« #3 : January 09, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »

Janine, your idea is good. I'm sure we'll get lots of good ideas. For me, there is ONE big question - what does the A-Team think about it?
- They gave us this forum, they also gave us the chance to make the quick-start guide, the different language translations, the story contest including a price... but they never answered to our wish, to give more hints in the game to this forum.
Just 2 days ago I renewed this question - no answer, neither from Tom nor from Suzy.

Hoping they read this thread, here is my question:
A-Team, what do you think about this forum? What is your interest in it? Which intentions do you have?

Perhaps they just made it in the beginning, as "hm, there has to be a forum". I don't accuse them for this thoughts. Many companys have this thinking. Maybe we surprised them, when we started to use it?!

@hentai: Yes, less users read profiles. No problem, these kind of users we don't need (and don't wanna have). Here the circle is closing (German saying) with Adera fears. The inconsiderates users we'll leave very fast. From time to time we have got them, all have gone. Cause the sound here is so friendly, peaceful and constructive, they loose interest very fast.

Hey, A-Team, if you need help in understanding the big chance of a forum, I'd like to help you. Believe me, I don't mean this in a sarcastic way.
« : January 09, 2012, 04:49:16 PM Lover »

Janine Dee

« #4 : January 09, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »

I would say that the recent changes with the LGBT and threesome getting their own threads and the changing of this board's name would indicate a commitment to the forum. If anything I'm more inclined to believe it's a "Wow... okay they're seriously passionate about what we are doing here... Now what do we do?"

Or they may be to the phase of bouncing ideas of what to do.

Either way they are probably not wanting to give too much until they know exactly what it is they want to do.

For me I see it like our FAQs. We saw a need, we strove to fill it, and not only did they not shut us down they supported our efforts. I'm having a similar train of thought here.

Oh, and I'm confident in this forum. We've filtered out the bad people before, and whatever bad ones that actually bother to read profiles and find their way here would get filtered out like the rest.

I think a good way to think of it is... has ANY multi-user program that grew big NOT had a forum?
« : January 09, 2012, 08:08:28 PM Janine Dee »

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #5 : January 10, 2012, 12:57:05 AM »

the only bad thing i see here is that the forum is moderated too much . censoring cause someone insult a-team , i'm for , but cenroring a constructive critic or a personnal advice who dont go in the same way that they want is not a good thing. but its just what i think personnaly.

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
Lover

« #6 : January 10, 2012, 02:07:56 AM »

Rukya, personally I don't see any moderation here (respectively the only moderation we have is our own :) ). I don't know what has happened in the time I couldn't have been here, but before this just one person was moderated. IMHO it wasn't correct, but that's another story.

If you look at many other forums there are much more posts deleted, user warned or asked to behave better. We are rather "free" here. I like this! If we grow much bigger here probably we'll need more mods. But for now I don't think it's necessary.
« : January 10, 2012, 02:14:14 AM Lover »

Adera

« #7 : January 10, 2012, 03:17:59 AM »

Yes, I think we're quite free to do as we please as well.
Janine Dee

« #8 : January 10, 2012, 07:27:51 AM »

As someone who has moderated in the past I will add my voice to Lover's and Adera's, but I will also add that probably no one who has ever been moderated has stood up and said "Yeah, okay, I deserved that." Even the most hateful of posters will feel the victim when their hateful posts are deleted.

So a moderator's job description basically includes the "villain" tag, and sometimes their judgment call could be questioned, but judgment calls are necessary BECAUSE even those hateful posters feel their hateful posts are okay.

suzy_a has done a great job being a presence that we needed here on the forum, at least in my opinion.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Adera

« #9 : January 10, 2012, 07:49:29 AM »

I agree with you Janine, suzy_a is doing a very good job.
bluedenim
: 3007

« #10 : January 10, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »

I agree too Suzy is good.  :)

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
NewGurl
: 433

« #11 : January 10, 2012, 01:46:48 PM »

I agree too Suzy is good.  :)

Yes applause to suzy for the great job   
Rukya

Paddle Queen

« #12 : January 10, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »

i dont mean i'm moderated now , cause i take care to what i say , and i admit that there is good work done here . But to be frank there is little things i dont say and i will never say cause even if its not truly bad , i fear it will be erased

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
Rukya

Paddle Queen

« #13 : January 10, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »

oh i have a question . How can i promote the forum to my friends telling them thigs are changing when they see a so long time ( 1 month 1/2 soon) without something for them but outfits ?

Lover

« #14 : January 10, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »

You hit the point Rukya! Tell them, the more we ask here, the bigger is the chance to be heared.

: [1] 2 3 ... 9  
« previous next »
: