*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Collecting ideas for this forum
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: Collecting ideas for this forum  ( 28007 )
Lover
: 10350

« : March 03, 2012, 07:42:01 AM »

This topic shall be used to collect all great ideas to improve this forum.

- Do you have any wishes/suggestions for new boards or subsections?
- Do you think, some topics should be removed to antoher section?
- We also can use this topic to discuss thze new ideas. To keep well-arranged, I will write down each suggestion in this first post.

Let's go :)

TightFit74
: 2415

« #1 : March 04, 2012, 05:18:01 AM »

To start of the thread, limiting some suggestions to the creative section of the forum. I think a first deviation should be made based on the main ingredients for the game:
-     Avatar changing (clothes, body options, etc.)
-     Rooms/Locations, backgrounds and interior decorating
-     Poses (sticky topics for LGBT, FM and 3-somes)
-     MIscellanious, where all other topics can be discussed (like relationships, etc.

This being just a first pitch, I hope more suggestions will follow and we can offer a well developed idea to the dev-team, to adapt the forum to all ofour wishes..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #2 : March 04, 2012, 07:15:15 AM »

Tight, i don't have understand what you mean with "Avatar changing": talking about new suggestion or about hint to increase or discuss about what we have now!?

An area for intrroduce ourself will be good, but i know there are some peoples here probably don't wanna share so much personal info about themself, so everyone can be free on how make it.

@Lover: i don't think posting this thread in off topic was the right choice, btw........i think we need to move your guide about post, pics and others under the "Please read first" board. Your guide is usefull for peoples who approach fo the first time a forum and it must be allways visible.
« : March 04, 2012, 11:04:06 AM hentaiboy69 »

TightFit74
: 2415

« #3 : March 04, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

Hentai,

with Avatar changing, I mean topics that are about just that. So including body options (shape, length, hairstyles, freckles, size of body parts etc.) and clothing. Anything connected to make an avatar unique..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Lover

« #4 : March 04, 2012, 05:07:36 PM »

@HB: We can't add topics to your suggested board, so I choosed this, knowing it's not perfect.

The off-topic needs some subsections...

- Smalltalk (including Ladys chatting room bear mentioned and a sports bar ;))
- Games, videos, movies
- Short messages (like Good bye, happy birthday, congrats....)

Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #5 : March 04, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »

Building off Tight's suggestion to organize the "creative idea" thoughts, I was thinking we should have at least 2 new boards added to
"Discussions About AChat."

• SHOP UPDATES:
This is where all ideas for objects members would eventually like to see made available in the shop to purchase. Some possible sticky threads may include, "New Pose Positions, New Room Locations, New Clothing Designs, and Avatar Body Development."

• GAME CLIENT ENHANCEMENTS:
This is where all ideas for in-game features can be discussed, like the speed slider and the "ZZZ" button. Some possible sticky threads may include, "Character Editor/Wardrobe, Partner Searching/General Chat Area, In Room."

Also to build on some of Lover's suggestions for subsection boards within "Off-Topic."

• INTRODUCE YOURSELF:
This is where curious new members who wander over to the forum for the first time. It's a place for them to feel comfortable meeting other new forum members and even a place for personal add to find partners in-game. (Because of the importance that this board is easily visible to new members, perhaps it should be located higher up on the forum's list of boards and not in "Off-Topic." Some possible sticky threads may include, " Welcome Room, Looking for an in-game partner?"

• ARTIST'S GALLERY:
This is where anyone can come to share their illustrations, possibly in-game screenshots, any any other image designs created by the member. Some possible sticky threads may include, "AChat Community Photo Album"

• EVENTS & CLUBS:
This is where members can connect and participate with other groups of like-minded individuals and share experiences together by creating clubs, organizations, parties, contests, and holiday events. Perfect example would be the NSPD and maybe Tight's Story Contests. Some possible sticky threads may include, "Advertize Your Event/Party/Club"

I think we need 1 more board added to "Discussions About Sex."

• GROUP PLAY:
This is where all discussions about new and old 3some poses can take place. The sticky threads could work much like the other 4 boards where the newest group pose is always featured at the top.

And Lover brought up a good idea in one of his posts for a new board to appear under "Support"

• REPORT ABUSE:
This is where anyone can go to notify the administrators and their fellow members of any abuse taking place within the game like fake websites from hackers.

That's all I could think of so far. Some of these boards could fall under different categories. But they all coud contain a large amount of already existing threads.[/list]
« : March 04, 2012, 07:23:26 PM Keiko »

Lover

« #6 : March 05, 2012, 07:03:56 AM »

I would put REPORT ABUSE to SUPPORT-Board

I would add ENTERTAINMENT to OFF-Topic
« : March 06, 2012, 10:06:06 AM Lover »

Pafe
: 548

« #7 : March 06, 2012, 06:11:22 AM »

Hiya's...

I have a suggestion for the Forum.  On my observing and reading of the various posts here, one thing I have noticed and always keep in mind when reading is: 

There is a bit of a language barrier here.  Not everyone speaks the same native language, and I really admire how everyone still manages to get their ideas across, but we don't always choose the "correct" words to get that idea into the post.  So what may seem harsh and critical to someone is more then likely, just a misuse of a word or phrase.  I know if I were to write something in, let's say... German, I am sure that the words I would choose would not be as kind or gentle as I would like them to be.  I know in my heart that no one here would intentionally try to disparage anyone, but it may seem that way by the words that were chosen (very innocently chosen, too) and used.  I know I am not very articulate in getting my opinion out there all the time, and I can't imagine how difficult it would be to try to do it in another language.

So my suggestion is to have a disclaimer somewhere pointing out the differences in the use of language in our International Community that this Forum is.

Thanks for letting me share,
Pafe

Lover

« #8 : March 06, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »

Pafe, now here is the language barrier :D Are you able to define this? I'm not sure if I recognize how it should work.

There are two different ways of making errors:
1) You type the wrong letter like anybody does sometimes. Haha, I noticed the error I made when I read your post (in my post I wrote "pur" instead of "put"). This happens to anyone and as long we are able to understand the meaning it's ok.

2) We use actually a wrong term, wrong gramma or tense. Then everyone should be allowed to give a hint. If I am doing this and someone is noticing, I would like to get a pm or to be asked "Do you mean...." It's not just for better understanding, I also like to learn and improve my english skills. Though I just speak for myself, I'm sure nobody will feel offended to get this help.

Hm, perhaps we start a new thread, "Learning English"... in "Erotic Fantasies" ;)

Pafe

« #9 : March 06, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »

Hiya's...

I don't know if I can explain what I am meaning.  I am thinking about something in the "how to post" section perhaps.  Just to let other know that mistakes happen to everyone, and with the many native languages that are spoken here in our International Community, it is not uncommon to misinterperate the intention of someone's posting.  So please do not be offended by something unless, of course, it is directed personally at you.

I hope I brought clarification to my previous post.

Pafe

P.S.  I love learning the languages in private.

Lover

« #10 : March 06, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »

Pafe,
I hope I brought clarification to my previous post.
Yes, now I see. I thought, you wanted to explain special terms and when they have to be used and when not. I wasn't sure how to handle this.
Perhaps we should do this and ask Suzy to publish it in "Please read first""

P.S. I agree, learning in private is considerably lower.
« : March 06, 2012, 01:37:44 PM Lover »

Lover

« #11 : March 08, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »

The language of this forum is english. But in game are many members from different countries. If we take a look at our mods, we recognize they are able to speak more languages. So my idea is:
What, if the mods introduce themselves, especially the languages they are able to speak?

So even non-english speakers can ask them in their own language if they are having problems with the game or this forum?
We just have to find members for the other languages (e.g. spanish, french, russian...)

I don't talk about an own thread for each language, just if there is a german person unable to speak english, he knows he can ask Tight.
This can be added to support-board in an own subsection, so every new member notices at once.

Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #12 : March 09, 2012, 12:21:39 AM »

こんにちは。私の名前は恵子です。私は日本から来ました。私は非常によく日本語を話す。しかし、私はもっと英語で話しています。あなたは日本語を話すとトラブル英語で話すのを持っている場合. 私はあなたの質問に答えることができますヘ(゜Д、゜)ノ

In English: Hello, my name is Keiko. I come from Japan and speak Japanese very well. However, I am better talking in English. If you have trouble speaking in English and speak Japanese, I can help answer your questions.  :)

Adera
: 3047

« #13 : March 09, 2012, 02:11:13 AM »

Aww I can't read all of the kanji there, some I get, like the ones for "watashi" and "nihon" but others I don't know.

I think it's a good idea, some people might get help in a way they'll understand this way.

I could be the contact person for Swedish even if I don't think I'll get much to do by taking that up. ::)

An introduce are at the forum would be very good imo, I've seen that at other places.
Pafe

« #14 : March 09, 2012, 05:25:16 AM »

Hiya's...

@ Lover, yes, that is a terrific idea!  The mods, and with us posters it would be nice to be able to get help with someone who speaks the same lanuage as you do.

@ Keiko.  That is excellent!  I think it would only add to the Forum, but that is just my opinion.

@ Adera.  Thank you for volunteering in that way.

I for one, only speak english, and it's American english at that.  Except I also speak Pig Latin, and Pirate but I don't see anyone needing help with those, Arrrrrrgh, matey.

Pafe

: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
: