*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Everything about sex and love (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  (Vote) Abolition of the option "Ignore all free users"
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
: Busy state - "ignore all free users, yes or no ??
Yes, want to abolish the option   -9 (20.9%)
No,want to keep option "Ignore all free users"   -9 (20.9%)
"Ignore all cold invites" instead of "Ignore all free users"   -25 (58.1%)
: 42

: (Vote) Abolition of the option "Ignore all free users"  ( 57047 )
NewGurl
: 433

« #30 : March 26, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »

Maybe Rukya, I feel sorry for the free members. They deserve to be talked to as much as us Prem users. I consider myself lucky to have the money to gey a membership. I know for some of the free users they just cant afford to get a Prem membership.
Lover
: 10350

« #31 : March 26, 2012, 03:02:31 PM »

@ NewGurl:
I have an Idea, when a free user becomes prem, why not have them recommend someone who helped them out and made their mind up about going prem. Maybe give the recommended person a bonus for having the most recommendations in a month, Achat wins with more prem members and gives Prem members incentive to talk to free users, just a thought.

Pafe also suggested it here http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,1540.15.html
You see, you are not alone and we need polite prems to keep members. But of course, it depends on both sides - also a free user should know, he/she has to be friendly. We all are human and not any fuck machines.

jeanona31
: 503

« #32 : March 26, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »

Just last night I was approached by a free user, he asked to chat amd said he was new. I talked to him and found out that he had been on 2 hours, had tried several Prem members and I was the first on to even say Hi To Him. I know that we sometimes are on here for certain people, but come on,no one would even talk to the poor guy for 2 hours. I am ashamed. I took him in a room and showed him around, told him as a free what he could do and couldnt do. He was polite and very thankful for the help I showed him. And yes I showed him several of the sex poses, I dont know whether he will or not, but he said that he was going to go prem as soon as possible. All it cost me was time.

I have an Idea, when a free user becomes prem, why not have them recommend someone who helped them out and made their mind up about going prem. Maybe give the recommended person a bonus for having the most recommendations in a month, Achat wins with more prem members and gives Prem members incentive to talk to free users, just a thought.

Rukya, you are right, we all and I mean ALL of us started out as free members. By having a universal button that says ignore all free users, makes the freebies feel like second class citizens. I once posted on here that we as premium members have an obligation to help out free members that ask for help. I was crucified for suggesting that we help out free users, cause they all rude and crude.  I help out any free member that asks as long as they arent disrespectful. I myself am personally responsible for at least 5 members becoming prem users. I we all did that, there would be more money paying members and then we would get the upgrades we want faster, since there are more Prem members. In my personal opinion, the worst upgrade we have ever gotten is the Busy button. It will be the end of Achat, because there will be less free members and untimately less Prem users.

NewGurl -Everything you said is absolutely true, in my opinion.
 I'm glad that someone sees the consequences of this it seems quite ordinary options. I do not have as much time as I would like to have support free members, but each time when i have I hear the same thing.
" Here hardly anyone wants to talk to free members " and similar.. .
Every time I stay surprise, how come they so fast knew that the reason for this is cause they are free users. Guess that is not so hard to know at the end.

I am sure that Adera and Jeanine absolutely right when it comes to their experience with frees but  I'm also right when it comes about mine with premium. Therefore I insist every members including premiums user should know have to be friendly and polite , especially premium members because they have more and better chances for talking, knowing the game etc.
« : March 27, 2012, 11:16:14 AM jeanona31 »

bluedenim
: 3007

« #33 : March 27, 2012, 01:22:18 AM »

I will add some weight to what NewGurl has said.

It was me that she is talking about and yes it did reduce me to tears as I was unaware that the busy button showed as "In Room"

I'm not posting another essay on helping Newbies, if you haven't read my previous posts where have you been?
I think perhaps the DEV Team could scrap the busy button and maybe replace it with an "I only want to talk to friends for a few minutes" button.
xx
Blu

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
sm3369
: 50

« #34 : March 27, 2012, 03:16:01 AM »

I initially thought this was a good idea at first. Only thing is that this option does not separate those who are total free users from those who were once premium & did not renew. Unfortunately, I found this out the hard way. I turned this on and at this time, my own spouse had not renewed her membership, so I ended up blocking her. I felt like the worst person in creation after that.  :'(  From what I see, many of the total free users (ones not having any blue star on their profile) just look to use the members for the poses, & it's these types of users that I want to ignore, not anyone on my lists who's premiums have expired. As Newgurl said earlier, I'm glad I can currently afford to have this membership, sadly, there are some who can't, for whatever reason. A friend of mine left recently because she lost her job, & couldn't pay for this anymore, & was too embarrassed by it. Anyway, let me get back on point here as I don't want to be scolded by a mod for getting off topic in my 1st post in months. I feel that there should be a differentiation between free users, & those who were premiums at one time but have since not renewed. I have several of these types of relationships, & this option right now gives potential to damage those relationships. And it's not that I want to ignore all of the free members, primarily just the known pests. This is not the way to encourage people to join the site, it actually can be a turn off to new members.

Just my two cents here  :)

I am amazed at just how many individuals ruin every new day with yesterday..........
sm3369

« #35 : March 27, 2012, 03:26:08 AM »

Hi

Golly, it appears that a Problem is being made out of Nothing...

The beauty of living in America is that Most of the time we have Freedom of Choice to use or Not to use an available product or service or what have you,,,, therefore why this option is being discussed is silly...

Every member should be able to Choose to Use or Not to Use the option to ignore anyone they wish...
We pay to be Premium members and the option to use or Not to use should remain a Right of Membership...

Nother words---------- Simply Do Not use it if you do not wish to  BUT,, do Not try to force, coax, coerce, embarrass or push others into behaving how You < (all those against the option)  think is correct...

Ruyka,,,, gosh,, do you not see how silly your most recent post is.?

Hi gingerly, Welcome to the Forum by the way.

I get your point, but then if I'm correct, every single Friend, Lover, or Spouse on your list is a paying premium member? Using that "Ignore All Free User" button will also block anyone who is on your list who was once a premium, but not currently one. As I said in a previous reply, I have found this out the hard way.

I am amazed at just how many individuals ruin every new day with yesterday..........
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #36 : March 27, 2012, 03:46:15 AM »

Stephanie, your point is true, there is no difference between free users and ex premium. and honestly, i'm glad to meet free users too and i had found some really cute. Just in this this last days i had meet a girl really cute and i spend really good time whit her yesterday after 3 days of chatting.

At last, i think we can ask for another option and leave "ignore free users" for the one of us who wanna use it (respect for every opinion, in first!), but it will very usefull to add an option "Block all invite" and modify the message and the colour of the icon to make it appear different to the one when we are in room.
At least, this is the reasomnable solution, i think

sm3369

« #37 : March 27, 2012, 03:54:49 AM »

NewGurl -Everything you said is absolutely true, in my opinion.
 I'm glad that someone sees the consequences of this it seems quite ordinary options. I do not have as much time as I would like to have support free members, but each time when i have I hear the same thing.
" Here hardly anyone wants to talk to free members " and similar.. .
Every time I stay surprise, how come they so fast know that the reason for this is cause they are free users. Guess that is not so hard to know at the end.

I am sure that Adera and Jeanine absolutely right when it comes to their experience with frees but  I'm also right when it comes about mine with premium. Therefore I insist every members including premiums user should know have to be friendly and polite , especially premium members because they have more and better chances for talking, knowing the game etc.

[/quote]

Jeonona, part of the biggest problem out here is that many of the premium members feel that they are "too good" to associate with the free members. Unfortunately, this is the type of behavior that in instilled by this site. I'll be so bold as to say that I'm guilty of this sometimes myself. There are also quite a few of these members here in this forum as well. They all accuse the free users of being rude, meanwhile, some premiums I know are more rude than any free user on the site. They should look in the mirror once in a while & clean their own house before they call someone else rude or consider them "not worthy" of talking to.

Pafe
: 548

« #38 : March 27, 2012, 07:03:31 AM »

Hiya's..

I, for one, would be very happy if we could exchange the "busy button" for an "ignore invite" button.  I don't mind chatting with new members at all, in fact I've met some very nice people that way.  I remember how it was when I was "free", and all I wanted was some answers to questons.  Many premium members helped me, but I think it was easier for me because I am female.  I've talked with a male friend who did that survey for us (see other post) and he said it was amazing to him how many "sorry, but I don't reply to free users" he got.  But as his survey pointed out, 46% answered his initial question, which I think is pretty good (wanting that donut).

sm3369.. I'm so happy to see you posting again, I wish to offer a sincere "Welcome Back" to you.
   Gingerly... Welcome to the Crazy House that's called the Forum...
   Please keep posting you two.

Thanks for letting me share,
Pafe

West69
: 123

« #39 : March 27, 2012, 08:25:44 AM »

......... I feel that there should be a differentiation between free users, & those who were premiums at one time but have since not renewed. .......

My apology for abstracting your post because overall it was excellent. However, I wanted to highlight the one sentence above because it sparked a possible way to deal with the problem.
One potential solution would be to give "lapsed" premium members a different color star. For example, premium members with expired memberships could be designated with a red instead of a blue star.  :)

PS Anyone tempted to crucify me over my choice of color, please select any that you believe are constructive. I don't want to revisit Hester Prynne's "Scarlet Letter". :-X ;D I also knew that if I offered a suggestion for an "X" instead of a "star" that would get me pooped on. :o ::) I am simply looking for a compassionate way to solve the problem, without offending anyone. :-*
Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #40 : March 27, 2012, 09:10:05 AM »

hehe west , there is few month yet , the idea on differenciate the premiums who are no longuer premiums from the others was aborded in a topic who is surely lost in the end of the list now  ;D . The anwser was something like "ooh , no need , there is more important things to do" .
Not sure if it was me who proposed this (i think if i remember well) , but finally it seem that it was a good idea .

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
jeanona31

« #41 : March 27, 2012, 12:43:04 PM »

I initially thought this was a good idea at first. Only thing is that this option does not separate those who are total free users from those who were once premium & did not renew. Unfortunately, I found this out the hard way. I turned this on and at this time, my own spouse had not renewed her membership, so I ended up blocking her. I felt like the worst person in creation after that.  :'(  From what I see, many of the total free users (ones not having any blue star on their profile) just look to use the members for the poses, & it's these types of users that I want to ignore, not anyone on my lists who's premiums have expired. As Newgurl said earlier, I'm glad I can currently afford to have this membership, sadly, there are some who can't, for whatever reason. A friend of mine left recently because she lost her job, & couldn't pay for this anymore, & was too embarrassed by it. Anyway, let me get back on point here as I don't want to be scolded by a mod for getting off topic in my 1st post in months. I feel that there should be a differentiation between free users, & those who were premiums at one time but have since not renewed. I have several of these types of relationships, & this option right now gives potential to damage those relationships. And it's not that I want to ignore all of the free members, primarily just the known pests. This is not the way to encourage people to join the site, it actually can be a turn off to new members.

Just my two cents here  :)

Stephanie do not know if I welcomed you in some of the previous topics but anyway welcome! :)

Thank you for expanded and pointed to further complications when it comes to this.
I was not sure that it is indeed possible to premium members who have not renewed membership, but still have a blue star, thanks to the option can be ignored in the same way as free users.

There would certainly have to be a difference, it's just not fair because the permanent premium members same as premium members who are not, cause of the certain specified reasons -suppose the current, renewed membership held this game alive but also free members make it possible to grow.

Direct exclusion of both (thanks to the " Ignore all free users) I believe , certainly be damage the mentioned.

« : March 27, 2012, 06:27:50 PM jeanona31 »

bluedenim
: 3007

« #42 : March 27, 2012, 02:11:25 PM »

I keep seeing repeated........

"I wish there was an ignore (cold) invites button"

it's funny and please I'm not being sarcastic here, but every time a box appears on my screen with a cold or unwanted invite on it and I can't be bothered to wait for the time it takes to expire (which if I'm busy chatting I usually can) I press the "decline" button, so the invitation is declined.
Whilst there is one unwanted invite on my screen (which I have moved to the side so it doesn't block my view of my conversation) there can't be any others.
Are we not trying to make unnecessary improvements here?
I do on occasions when I am not busy chatting with my friends find out who is sending the cold invites and talk to them. I've said it before, but we could all do a bit (more) to help newbies, couldn't we?

Keep posting and keep smiling.

Blu

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
Adera
: 3047

« #43 : March 27, 2012, 02:42:38 PM »

If there was an option to only block invites from free users I think I would have that on almost all of the time. I don't think an option like that would hurt at all since it would promote more social interaction.

It annoys me when I get a cold, I decline that cold and the same person immediately sends another cold... almost makes me put them on my ignore list. I have put one or two on my ignore list because they just kept sending me colds over and over.

I have no problem with talking to newbies and I do help them if they've got a question that I can answer... but I don't jump into a room with just anyone and I definitely don't do pity sex. I don't care much for those that just want to jerk off to the avatars without chatting to me since for me that's a waste of time.
jeanona31

« #44 : March 27, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »

Jeonona, part of the biggest problem out here is that many of the premium members feel that they are "too good" to associate with the free members. Unfortunately, this is the type of behavior that in instilled by this site. I'll be so bold as to say that I'm guilty of this sometimes myself. There are also quite a few of these members here in this forum as well. They all accuse the free users of being rude, meanwhile, some premiums I know are more rude than any free user on the site. They should look in the mirror once in a while & clean their own house before they call someone else rude or consider them "not worthy" of talking to.

Agree fully with you, very open and well told.
I have to say something, since I became a premium and solved all the bad impressions as a free, somehow, by default, less started to pay close attention to the messages in my chat window.
Those that were nice, cute and funny -somehow were less attractive as soon as I saw it coming from free, I even began to think of them with trepidation, as said NewGurl, as second class citizens of which you can expect only the inconvenience. I have no idea how that happened, I have no reason for such a feeling :-\  :-[  Seems maybe, like some kind of disease  ;D
 I am so glad that my behavior did not last long.

: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  
« previous next »
: