*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Organizations & Events
| |-+  Events (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Idea to get more members: Chain of friends
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: What do you think?
Great idea, let's do it   -22 (91.7%)
I don't think it works   -2 (8.3%)
: 23

: Idea to get more members: Chain of friends  ( 17220 )
Lover
: 10350

« : November 06, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »

I'd like to discuss an idea to get more members to this forum:

A chain of friends

How does it work? In december we start a new event, for example a big and long christmas party. We invite our friends and also unknown members to join us.
Each of us sends a message to three or more members in game. These members can be free user, free member or prem member. They can be in our friends/lovers/spouse list or absolutely unknown. We send a short "Hello..." and a note or the link to the christmas party. If any of the new members joins he has to leave a short message - like a registration for the party.

An example for the message: "Hi, I'm Lover and want to invite you for a christmas party in forum. If you like to join us leave a short message here (link). Thanks."

What do you think?
« : November 08, 2012, 09:57:26 AM Lover »

Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #1 : November 06, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »

I like it, the more the merrier.  I would like membership of Forum to grow, the more members, the more ideas and views.

So we encourage at least 3  prems to join Forum and come to the party.  Free users could only read though, so not sure how they could register their interest.

Well I certainly know there will be a Christmas party in the bar, Its definitely against the law not to have one...   ::)   And I dont want to be raided again by the NSPD, less its for our delicious rum donuts.

So yeah, lets have a party   :P   :-*   :o

« : November 06, 2012, 07:25:23 PM Brandybee »

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Lover

« #2 : November 06, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

I know free user can't write in forum - but perhaps some think about buying a membership and this helps them making their decision.

Kingdustin
: 598

« #3 : November 06, 2012, 10:22:17 PM »

Interesting Idea, i will try my best to get other to join. But I'm little unsure if I could ask a stranger. you my find it strange but I'm quite shy on Achat.

I all way have trouble chatting with other. I end up in that awkward silent moment as i draw a blanks on thing to chat about.lol I suck at starting a conversion.

true beauty lies in great friendship =)
Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #4 : November 06, 2012, 11:02:07 PM »

hmmm this will be strange that someone ( me ) who never go to the AB&G to invit peoples to it , and anyway i dont know how copy a link in game . And even if i knew , i'm not sure i would be hmmmm a word near tempted to do it

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #5 : November 07, 2012, 02:33:50 AM »

The idea sounds interessing......and i think we can give to it a try!

About free member, we can try to gift some girls or shemale whit a 3 days subscription maybe.....if they can post (and not only read) they will enjoy it more!

@Rukya: wonder way you neverhad join us.....it's time you do it, my friend!

Lydiarose
: 974

Bitch's Corner

« #6 : November 07, 2012, 03:03:22 AM »

Lover; good idea. but can I say, That from the first i put up Bar & Grill in the Forum on my profile, had about 10 people ask me where it was , so if you want I will put  Big christmas Party at the Bar & Grill  or if you want me to put up something else just say   

Lover

« #7 : November 07, 2012, 03:15:42 AM »

Before the discussion goes to the bar - I don't say we lead them to the bar. I think of another landing page, a "new" one. The bar directly can be too confusing for someone who is here for the first time.
The landing page should be made only to welcome new members. Looking like an invitation card (for example:  for Christmas party in the bar, not the bar itself). The idea behind is an easy site, so every new member can leave a short message (Hi, Im John. I come to the party).

Rukya, we can show how to copy a link.

Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #8 : November 07, 2012, 03:36:24 AM »

The idea sounds interessing......and i think we can give to it a try!

About free member, we can try to gift some girls or shemale whit a 3 days subscription maybe.....if they can post (and not only read) they will enjoy it more!

@Rukya: wonder way you neverhad join us.....it's time you do it, my friend!

i never had join you cause i dont heve 2 years of free time to read and understand so many pages .  ;D And sometimes i found the posts too long
« : November 07, 2012, 03:38:29 AM Rukya »

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
Lover

« #9 : November 08, 2012, 10:01:50 AM »

To clarify:
I don't wanna lead new members to the bar. Either to the forum at all or to a new topic, only made for our newcomers. To make it easier for them to post something this new topic could be similar to an ivitation for a christmas party.

I added a poll.

ssgt
: 111

« #10 : November 08, 2012, 11:17:48 AM »

Lover think the ideal is fantastic.  Keeping it out of the bar is a great ideal.  Talked to alot of people who feel uneasy in the bar with so many good role players in there.  I know I felt like an observer more than a member.  I know everyone in there are nice and they welcome new members, but it can be hard to fit in. Maybe new groups would develope and people would feel more at ease.
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #11 : November 08, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »

Yeah, I  agree with ssgt, the last thing I want is for new comers to be overwhelmed by the bar and in awe of some of the posts and stories there. I always wanted the bar to be a fun place where they could practice their posts and story telling. I know all the regulars try to encourage and welcome new customers to the bar and I would like with all my heart for that to continue. The bar is fabulous and I love all the effort everyone puts into it. 

So Thank you to all who contribute there.

A completely new topic to encourage membership and intros would be nice and of course , any who find their way to the xmas party at  the AB&G afterwards  will always be made  most welcome.

So we all try to get at least 3 prems  here and 3 free users reading forum.  But the more the merrier if possible :)

Rukya,

I will try and do a summary of the bar for you, I would love you to pop in, even if to just keep an eye on Old Joe  :)

ssgt,

Sometimes when there's not a storyline you are involved in , that is what you tend to be, an observer,  and that's when , you ride the bull, chat to Old Joe, watch some of the things happening around you, like the pleasure table, tell a joke on open mic or sing a song, maybe an extra in an ongoing story like a lot of us did with Stone's & Jayc's ghost story, maybe dance  ...  almost time filling till you work a storyline for yourself :) 

Thats what I am doing at the moment with the Halloween Party. I do not have a storyline yet worked out, but I hope too.

Patience is the key sometimes ... :)   It happens to us all at some point :) even big story tellers and posters. 

Don't worry about being an observer .. its natural in there too and adds to the atmosphere.

Too many stories going on at one time can get confusing and wreck time lines ...  lol ..
I have to keep mine sweeping at times to make sure it stays coherent  lol

Hope that clarifies some of the points you raised.

Enjoy it, its all about fun and frolics  :)

« : November 08, 2012, 12:16:48 PM Brandybee »

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
tangoracer
: 3444

« #12 : November 08, 2012, 04:04:28 PM »

Well said Brandy the bar is a great place the story lines there take time to run out
And not all the people join in on all of them.

@ Lover
Its a great idea to get more people in the forums. may be we can just have and open room and have a big Christmas Party not at the Bar
May be more like a school hall nice and big.

@ Rukya
Yes its about time you popped into the bar for a drink

Lydiarose
: 974

Bitch's Corner

« #13 : November 09, 2012, 08:15:42 AM »

Lover; How about this, you know the Interview of the week Idea, where Marilyn  is going to interview people in the forum.
How about if  she gives me a set of Questions and I go and pick people at random to  interview  in the game and tell them that it will be put up in the forum,

Lover

« #14 : November 09, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »

I like the idea Lydia. Marilyn will choose the questions soon.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: