*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Solved: Connection problems with vista
« previous next »
: [1]
: Solved: Connection problems with vista  ( 11467 )
jessica360
: 1

« : April 03, 2009, 12:40:18 PM »

i carnt connect ive tryed everything i have turned my firewall off and still nothing
« : April 16, 2009, 01:39:58 AM Rab »
Rab
Administrator
: 111

« #1 : April 04, 2009, 02:21:32 AM »

Are you on a local subnet behind a router, or your computer connects directly to the net?
Do you have xp or vista?
What type of internet connection do you use?

Aden
: 3

« #2 : April 04, 2009, 11:38:47 AM »

I am having internet connection problem when I try to login.  I am running vista and I have not run any other internet based software.  Can you make some suggestions on what could be wrong.
Alexia

« #3 : April 05, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »

I've just installed AChat and I'm having connection problems too, well, I'm not on my PC but according to AChat I am.  "Login failed.  Check your internet connection"  My connection is very good, using a wi-fi connnection, Vista Home Premium.

I note that this problem is happening with other people.  I've followed any advice I've seen on this forum but to no avail.  Any further advice?
Rab
Administrator

« #4 : April 05, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »

Jessica, Aden, Alexia,
we'll check again the connect algorithm, we'll give you further test-instructions shortly. Please stay tuned.
« : April 05, 2009, 01:16:58 PM Rab »
erica

« #5 : April 05, 2009, 03:07:38 PM »

i have had the same problems. i am running xp i am using wi-fi. i have a good connection and it says it cant connect
MystiAnn

« #6 : April 07, 2009, 12:02:39 AM »

I was having problems connecting with Vista, also. I was able to fix it by right clicking on the AChat icon, going to properties, clicking on the Compatibility tab and checking the Compatibility Mode for Windows XP (SP2). No problems after that. Hope that helps! :)
madcat10

« #7 : April 07, 2009, 07:15:00 AM »

It would seem that Achat needs to see to its software setup. We can't all be wrong can we? I have the same problem too. I can't download the full update 'cause it don't like me
tom
Administrator
: 336

« #8 : April 09, 2009, 02:02:50 AM »

Hi,

under Vista the automated version upgrader did not work well in every cases, a message box was displayed in this case.

On April 08, 2009 we have uploaded an improved install package, which has better Vista compatibility. I recommend to uninstall the existing AChat, and install the new, improved one. With the new one the version upgrader should work without warnings even under Vista.

If the version upgrader seems to work (on the beginning of the program that is a small window only, it appears and then disappears without warning dialog box), then AChat itself should also work.
If you still have connection problems, that means you have some kind of incompatible settings in the devices (e.g. router) you use to connect to the internet. AChat uses another communication protocol than Internet Explorer, so a working browser does not mean, that AChat will also work immediately. Settings in the hardware devices can prevent AChat to work.

You should be sure that the UDP protocol is not disabled in these devices, and the firewall is not enabled. That means, not only Windows can have firewall, but also these devices can restrict your internet connection.
So if you still cannot connect, please describe your internet connection as detailed as possible, router and wifi devices and their types are the most important. It is also important, if you can adjust the settings of these devices, or there is another responsible person.

Regards,
Tom
shehan
: 2

« #9 : June 23, 2009, 07:43:45 AM »

I am on XP SP3, but I have problems loggin in. Software looks interesting, but frustrated that it doesn't log in :0(
Rab
Administrator

« #10 : June 23, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »

shehan,
do you have a router? Try without it please. If it works wo. router, we can try fine-tune your router's settings...
: [1]  
« previous next »
: