*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Slip of the pen (Report bugs) (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  New Black Hair
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: New Black Hair  ( 9125 )
Lover
: 10350

« #15 : February 02, 2015, 10:49:50 AM »

I think if your graphic card is not able to show it, the checkbox isn't shown at all.

To find out about your graphic card:

- On your keyboard, press the windows-key AND the "R" simultaneously
- you get a new box. Type: dxdiag
- a new box which 4 tabs is opening
- Press the 2nd one, Display
- you get infos about your graphic card. Look at Approx Total Memory (I see ca. 1792MB)

If your value is 128MB or smaller, you can't use the HD update. If it says more it's bc some cards also use the main processor. To be sure, you have to choose "Save all informationss". save this file (called DxDiag), which you have to open. Look for "Display Devices" to get the true memory.

We ave just done this with Roxxy's comp and she has 226MB. AChat says, 128MB is enough - so either they're wrong or there is another problem.
« : February 02, 2015, 11:08:18 AM Lover »

Levianne
: 32

« #16 : February 02, 2015, 11:54:36 AM »

Well oki, seems the problem is on the side of the graphic card:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce FX 5200
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 460 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 126 MB
      Shared Memory: 334 MB

Btw running Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit
processor AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.47 GHz
I know it's pretty much outdated, but I am just happy it works somehow and there's no big deal with the internet lol

The tiny lovely lady for you
Lover
: 10350

« #17 : February 02, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »

Yes, seems to be your card. Good thing it's working at all and you can use internet and play Achat :)

Levianne
: 32

« #18 : February 03, 2015, 03:52:52 AM »

Yes I'm glad it's working at least. Well then the hair will continue to look all white instead of red, black, yellow, brown or any other color you wish but it's not an issue after all, now I know that I can't do anything to fix that, only thing I have to do is to adapt (or extinct lol) .)
Thanks for your help, Lover :)

The tiny lovely lady for you
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: