*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  BOOKS versus MOVIES
« previous next »
: [1]
: BOOKS versus MOVIES  ( 3665 )
Jamie200
: 50

STOCKINGS AND SILK FEEL SEXY

« : May 18, 2015, 09:55:47 AM »

So I thought this might be fun.

Tell us about a book you read that was turned into a movie that you have also seen.  then tells us which you liked more.

me personally I view them as two different mediums and enjoy both for what they are.

what do I mean?

Ill use the lord of the rings as my example as many people have probably seen and read both.

In the book when Frodo meets Bilbo and Bilbo asks for the ring back, its not very scary.
In the movie bilbo vamps out and I felt it added to the experience.

In the books when the ring is worn the person just turns invisible.
In the movies Frodo was transported to this scary black and white visually intense dimension.

I don't feel one was better than the other both have their merits.  Books have more character development and interaction.  Movies can surprise you with subtle changes and add to the books as the characters you picture in your mind appear different than the ones you see on screen.  Like I cant believe they chose so and so to play this character.

so tell us a book turned into a movie and if you hated it or liked it and why?

kisses

Lover
: 10350

« #1 : May 18, 2015, 09:59:59 AM »

When I have read "It" from Stephen King (love it), I couldn't wait to see the movie - and was disappointed. I knew, the movie can't be as detailed as the book, but I've missed so much.

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #2 : May 18, 2015, 03:11:57 PM »

I enjoy seeing the movie first, then when I read it I have a visualization of characters in my head already. Like I saw "The Godfather" way before I read it.  Of course the book had much more information and more to the story than the movie. The same thing with Stephen King's "The Stand", both really good movies and really good books.

My favorite is Terry Pratchett's "Hogfather" The director and the cast really brought it to life, and they told it with a narrator so you were still able to get some of those funny footnotes that Pratchett liked to put at the bottom of the page. They made it feel like a Pratchett book. But on that one I read it first.

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
AusWoody
: 2044

Never push a loyal person to the breaking point

MSN Messenger - mick.woodman@gmail.com
« #3 : May 18, 2015, 07:26:44 PM »

Personally i prefer to read the book first  then see the movie.

That way i can allow my own imagination to create the visuals in my mind,
 all a lot better than the cgi  of the movies.

and i find it interesting to compare my visuals with the movie.

Its all a personal preference  for each individual

Join us in the The Achat Square meeting place for broad-minded  adults - fun and games - http://achatsquare.chatango.com

Mean What I Say  -  Say What I Me
Misdevious
: 367

« #4 : May 19, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »

99% of the time the book is always better.

Two exceptions, the first Harry Potter movie was as good as the book, the rest of movies, while still good, didn't come close to the books, especially by the 3rd.

Bridget Jones Diary the movie was better than the book.

I always like to read the book first, then see how it was interpreted as a movie.
Jamie200
: 50

STOCKINGS AND SILK FEEL SEXY

« #5 : May 19, 2015, 08:34:25 PM »

I agree with you Miss D

I like to read the book first and feel the movie will be...well less..

So Im going to add a spin to this what book would you like to see made into a movie.

Ill start with the electric church by Jeff Somers.

I think that would make a great movie

FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #6 : May 20, 2015, 02:58:10 PM »

I one time read the book Circle of friends

book was  great but when they made the Movie it killed it ..I liked the  Book more .

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
: [1]  
« previous next »
: