*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Hugh Jackman 'was treated for skin cancer'
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hugh Jackman 'was treated for skin cancer'  ( 3199 )
Marilyn
: 3771

« : November 22, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »

I've just found out this new.  :-[
As I know that we've got several fans of Hugh Jackman (Stone in particular), I'm sharing this:

Hugh Jackman said his wife had urged him to get his nose checked.

Australian actor Hugh Jackman says he has been treated for skin cancer after seeking advice for a mark on his nose.

The star of Wolverine posted an image of his face with a bandage on his nose on his Instagram account and wrote: "Please don't be foolish like me. Get yourself checked."

He said he had been diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma (BCC).

BCC usually develops on skin exposed to the sun, and accounts for about 75% of skin cancers.

Hugh Jackman, who was nominated for an Oscar earlier this year for his performance as Jean Valjean in Les Miserables, said his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, had told him to seek medical advice.

"Deb said to get the mark on my nose checked. Boy, was she right!"

He did not say when he was diagnosed or what treatment he received, but said that anyone with concerns should seek medical advice.

"Please don't be foolish like me," he wrote. "Get yourself checked. And USE sunscreen!!!"

BCC produces cancerous cells on the surface of the skin. Surgery is the main treatment. If left untreated, it rarely spreads to other parts of the body, but it can damage or disfigure surrounding tissue.

More at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25046062

My alley: http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,1884.0.html
hukk
: 2078

Later, Space Cowboy

« #1 : November 22, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »

Yea, I actually received the news via FB myself. Saddens me to hear Jackman was diagnosed with skin cancer. A classy man, and superb actor I hope him and his family the best. I know he will be able to mange though. He's freakin' wolverine.

Here's to you Mr. Jackman.  8)

Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #2 : November 22, 2013, 03:15:03 PM »

I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

If you have any unusual marks or itchy moles,  its always best to get them checked out.

Thanks for posting Marilyn,  if his cancer can urge others to get checked out, its turns a negative into a positive.

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
tangoracer
: 3444

« #3 : November 22, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »

Wishing Hugh Jackman a speedy recovery

Yes get them moles and marks checked and don't forget to feel for any lumps down there Guys

Stone
: 1842

« #4 : November 22, 2013, 07:01:07 PM »

Good advice Tango.

Thank you Marilyn,  loving all the Hugh  pics.   

I wish him well too, I would always nurse him better and check him down there.  ;D

: [1]  
« previous next »
: