*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  all settings resetting-including ignore list
« previous next »
: [1]
: all settings resetting-including ignore list  ( 6889 )
Misdevious
: 367

« : October 07, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »

Sounds reverting is one thing, chatlog changing it self from off to on and vice versa is annoying,  ignore list being erased....that's a huge problem.

I know the ignore list is saved locally, any way to get it back?
Lover
: 10350

« #1 : October 08, 2015, 02:34:31 AM »

Hm, this is a problem which has never been mentioned before. Do you have a backup of your ignore list anywhere? Maybe one you did before reinstalling AChat? There is no other way to get it back, cause it's saved on your harddisk, as you said.

More interesting is, why your settings are changing itself. Do you have any old achat-files maybe? I would reinstall and deleting all old AChat-files before. Only those you want to keep (chatlog.txt) I would move to a new folder, called "AChat backup" or whatever you call it.

Misdevious

« #2 : October 08, 2015, 02:05:23 PM »

I didn't reinstalll achat.  Also, never messed with any the achat files.
« : October 09, 2015, 11:28:15 AM Misdevious »
Lover

« #3 : October 09, 2015, 09:25:20 AM »

Maybe you should remove AChat and all remaining files and reinstall. Something is wrong, it shouldn't change the settings. To keep your chatlog and, if you have members on ignore now, move both files to an own folder.

Misdevious

« #4 : October 09, 2015, 09:29:40 AM »

yes, I suppose I will

also wanted to show this mysterious red x which appeared at the same time this started.

Lover

« #5 : October 09, 2015, 09:45:12 AM »

That's simple: You may not have a fetish ;)

No, also never seen this before. Must be a strange bug or something happened with your software. I would send this to support too and hurry to remove and reinstall AChat.

FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #6 : October 09, 2015, 09:59:14 AM »

I would like to say achat is not a perfected program ,I  got some some old massages  from  a few years ago

all programs will not work 100 right they do get bugs   technical problem now and then . this   has happend to me  in the  passed  lossing the  chat   ..
i just reinstalling  it ....worked good .. but latly  there has been some more bugs  comeing out  ..in time they get them .

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
Misdevious

« #7 : October 09, 2015, 10:21:45 AM »

That's simple: You may not have a fetish ;)

No, also never seen this before. Must be a strange bug or something happened with your software. I would send this to support too and hurry to remove and reinstall AChat.

Maybe they are spying and letting me know I haven't played with my fetish in a long time, lol!

but the x tends to move at times as well, is weird!
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #8 : October 09, 2015, 11:19:21 AM »

I have never heard of this complaint before either, of course if other members know different , please let us know...

I'm quite jealous ... I want X to show I'm X-rated too.   :P 

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #9 : October 09, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »

I have never heard of this complaint before either, of course if other members know different , please let us know...

I'm quite jealous ... I want X to show I'm X-rated too.   :P 

XXX

would be much better BB

;D

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
Lover

« #10 : October 09, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »

If it still happens after reinstalling, please tell us. Also, if everything is fine again.

Misdevious

« #11 : October 09, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »

The red x didn't happen, but log gone, guess I goofed there, no big deal though I guess.  Ignore list blank as well.  I haven't roomed yet, and not sure I will today to be able to check stuff out.  I'll give it a few days and see if it resets...in the meantime suffer through cold invite hell!
Lover

« #12 : October 10, 2015, 03:42:41 PM »

You should have saved the chatlog before, as I told you ;) The ignore list is empty too, cause on a new system, you don't have anybody on ignore. But if you do now, this one should be there. Probably you have to check your settings and activate "save chatlog" again.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: