*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Slip of the pen (Report bugs) (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Black Screen
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Black Screen  ( 8937 )
zuzannah
: 1379

« : September 03, 2020, 12:37:45 PM »

I'm a little browned off at the mo.   >:(

I keep on getting a black screen all of a sudden when in a Meeting Place or in Room. And in lobby when in full screen.

Here I am just in a Meeting Place and Boom! Black Screen.  This is happening whilst in Windowed Mode and in Full Screen mode.  When it happens in full screen mode it's a catastrophe.   There is no shortcut to bring the client back to windowed mode.

I thought I fixed the issue by selecting a few options in the Compatibility section of the properties for the Achat starter. But, I've just experienced it again.  (windows 7 selected and run in Administrator mode). 

DNS cache was cleared as is (Now)  and reseted Network Adapters.

I am now trying something else now with the Reduced Colour mode to 16 bit (65526 colours) and high DPI scaling override set to Application.  BTW, I have no idea what these things really mean, I'm just messing about with them.

My spec is Win 10 (latest version) and an AMD RX580 Vid card.  My suspicion is the Video card.

If there is anyone out there with an Nvidia Card and having the same trouble ?  And is there anyone out there with an AMD card NOT having this trouble.  Can you please say so. 

Thanks.

I'll post again if the settings I've got now work.... and will if they don't.

JessiCapri
: 2178

« #1 : September 03, 2020, 08:35:41 PM »

Hey Zuz.  This happens to me in summer and I have a Nvidia GForce Experience graphics card.

Sorry you are having a difficult time and wish I was tech savy enough to try to offer assistance.

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #2 : September 04, 2020, 04:48:43 AM »

I get it all the time too. No rhyme or reason.
I play with it windowed. I have never tried it full screen to see if it wouldnt do it
but then I have some sessions and it never happens.

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
zuzannah

« #3 : September 04, 2020, 05:09:47 AM »

Just got the black screen again.  And i was full screen as well.

Looks like everything I do I get the same result.

Are either of you playing it through Steam ?  I have an account there and it's the only thing I haven't tried yet.

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #4 : September 04, 2020, 02:37:12 PM »

I have never played it thru Steam.

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
analetta
: 449

Gone back to original account : Soniaslut

« #5 : September 05, 2020, 06:12:17 AM »

Hey Zuz

Just a suggestion....
Maybe have a word with T?  He's a programmer. Might be able to offer some helpful advice?
Maybe you've already asked...just thought it may be helpful.

See you around chubby bum     ;) :P ;D

meh

zuzannah

« #6 : September 05, 2020, 12:19:55 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm   >:(

I think We have had a chat about it.

But I think I might have fixed it.  Only might.  When I run anything from steam and when I've looked on the internet first or even just started up my P.C. the games go black screen.  I restart and everything is ok.  The games run as they should.  I know weird.

And it's the same here.  Going to try it now.

zuzannah

« #7 : September 22, 2020, 03:22:39 PM »

Over the last few days this has been occuring every time I've logged in.  Ok, I haven't restarted my P.C. everytime.

What I have found is, if I restart and go full screen, it is ok for a while and then BANG it goes black.  The thing is, that when this happens the Maximize / Minimize bar across the top stays visible.  So I can at least go back to Windowed mode.

If I don't restart after doing something beforehand the said bar disappears as well and I have to get the Task Manager up to close ACHAT down.  That's is the only thing that seems to work for me.

But, I don't really trust it, to go in room with full screen, which is a shame.

StevieSucks
: 22

« #8 : September 25, 2020, 08:56:14 AM »

bummed getting black screened in all the Cities this Morning ugh
sexibarbie
: 2

I Ready to serve you,kisses.

« #9 : September 25, 2020, 12:55:21 PM »

I have a black screen on all city locations, :-\
Tirix
: 57

Do it with passion or not at all

« #10 : September 25, 2020, 01:32:13 PM »

I hope it is a huge update of game and not a big iusse.
Soniaslut
: 851

I LICKED IT. SO IT'S MINE.

« #11 : September 25, 2020, 02:20:51 PM »

The cities have been dark all day long.
Zuz has mailed the Ateam, and I'm sure others have too, so hopefully, whether it be an update or a technical issue, things will be back to normal soon.
In the meantime just use the Lobby to chat..get together in a room or visit the forum and browse the threads...even post something yourself.

zuzannah

« #12 : September 25, 2020, 03:15:17 PM »

Ok there is a problem with the Meeting Places.  But, there is a bigger issue here.

People, as well as myself are getting black screens in room and (when the meeting places are working) in there too.

Big issues here people.

Tirix
: 57

Do it with passion or not at all

« #13 : September 25, 2020, 03:32:33 PM »

I don't know, for me all ok in rooms. I have not black screen there. I checked another time public places and it changed nothing.
zuzannah

« #14 : September 25, 2020, 04:53:36 PM »

Going in room is intermittent.  But when it does happen, (and usually it does) it's a pain in the ass.

Also when in a Meeting Place, especially when I'm in full screen mode it's a total pain in the ass.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: