*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Everything about sex and love (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  How do I find someone to talk to?
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: How do I find someone to talk to?  ( 36856 )
AZNLoverV
: 97

« : June 09, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »

Is there some procedure I should do?
Carli
: 116

« #1 : June 09, 2010, 02:34:33 PM »

You can search for people with the "Partner Search" button at the top. When you have found someone you like, you can click the "Select to chat" button to talk to them.
bouli

« #2 : June 09, 2010, 05:56:12 PM »

A piece of advice if you're trying to get in touch with the girls. Be patient. Most of them are crazily busy. It seems we still have 3-4 guys on every girl and far more homo- and bi-sexual females than men, so there'll most likely be a lot of trying and waiting.
I know it's sad news to give to a new member, but don't lose hope. There are a lot of nice people around once you get in touch with them. :)
Lover
: 10350

« #3 : June 11, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »

We made a user quick start guide, maybe this helps you:

#1. The only thing you should ever do to another person without giving them some sort of indication is "Select to Chat".
While you aren't promised a response I've yet to hear of anyone getting angry over a hello. Many however will get angry if you try to invite them into rooms without asking, AND getting their permission first. Do not invite people to room before talking to them, otherwise it’s called a "Cold Invite" and is considered VERY rude. At best they won't react, but many will put you on their ignore list.

#2. Take a few seconds to fill out your profile, and to read theirs.
Straight guys are going to waste time with homo women, and vice versa. Many times a few seconds worth of reading will let you know if you have odds of getting laid, or just getting ignored.
Profiles will also help you know what you might want to do to get them to talk to you, and what might lead them to put you on their ignore list. You don't have any idea? Just take a look around and read other avatars. And you may ask other people; most are friendly and will help you.

#3. You aren't OWED anything.
No one is obligated to go with you to a room (except RobotBoy and RobotGirl.) No one is even obligated to talk to you. If you act like they are chances are your going to have them demonstrate how they are not by ignoring you. It is up to you to convince them to WANT to talk or room with you.

#4. Keep in mind the language barrier.
If you are a native speaker of English that doesn't mean they are, and if you aren't a native English speaker you aren't obligated to be. Hopefully you can work out some means of communication, but if not that's nobodies fault.

#5. If you don't get an answer after starting to talk wait a little. Now this doesn't mean they don't want to talk to you. It could simply mean that they are either busy, or even away from the computer, and all you are doing is giving them reason to not want to talk to/room with you. Be patient, give them time to reply, it increases your odds of actually getting a response. And don’t start to talk to many people at the same time. Maybe you can’t handle if all answer to you;-)

#6. Treat people as you want to be treated. The best way to have real fun is to be as natural as possible.

#7. Use the search-funktion. If you only wanna find people from your home country click on "Partner Search" and fill your home country in the "Country" field. Achat will filter the members and will show you the members who have the searched country in there profile

I fyou are French or German you find it here:
http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,364.45.html (http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,364.45.html)

AZNLoverV
: 97

« #4 : June 11, 2010, 08:08:40 PM »

Thanks for the tips!  ;D

Also does anyone just chat regular without talking about sex?  I know achat is oriented for that.  But there are sometimes that you are not looking for sex but just for chatting and meeting new people.  Or maybe I should use a different program for that??  Any recommendations?  I tried Second Life but the graphics don't look very good, and I wasn't all into making items and such.

Also is there a general chatting channel or room?  Or do you have to private message people to get any conversation going?  I find that part weird.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?  I don't see any 'general chatter' or something like that.
« : June 11, 2010, 08:13:58 PM AZNLoverV »
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #5 : June 11, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »

I do regular chats all the time... some will try to pull it to heading to a room, but I have yet to have a truly negative reaction to. "I'm actually just in the mood to chat, sorry hon."

So yes you can, but at this level of chat interface it's between you and the one you are chatting with.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Lover
: 10350

« #6 : June 12, 2010, 02:04:48 AM »

Of course there are members who just chat. But maybe its helpful to agree together. And sometimes I just went into the room to chat, if I my partner and I have been "disturbed" too much. But this depends on the wishes of your and your partner.

Everything is possible. Just try, start and see what will happen.

eroticgyps
: 1

« #7 : June 23, 2010, 03:49:25 PM »

well im new here and this is interesting but i thought it would be like sitting in a cafe and then lead to the bedroom
 ???
bobbler

« #8 : June 23, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »

well im new here and this is interesting but i thought it would be like sitting in a cafe and then lead to the bedroom
 ???
i saw you there tonight.  if you see me, don't hesitate to say hi  :)
cakegirl

« #9 : June 24, 2010, 12:17:05 PM »

AZNLover, just keep trying! I love a good chat and do it all the time in the main area, sometimes the guys don't like it but most do and don't mind me wanting to get to know them a little better before doing an invite.

Feel free to drop me a line if you see that I am on. If I am not to busy, I will gladly chat with you and who knows what else....time will tell!
Cakegirl  ;)
beachbeauty
: 10

« #10 : October 14, 2010, 04:37:27 AM »

You have to be patient when talking to girls.  Its not uncommon for me to have 5-6 conversations going with different people at any given time.  As for non sexual chat I probably spend 75% of my time chatting about non sexual stuff.  Ill even go into a room just to get away from cold invites and people asking for nude pics.  I personally wish they would add chat rooms where you could talk to a large group of people without having to switch between different convos.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #11 : October 14, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »

They had it before, and we're hoping they'll be bringing it back when they come up with a way to counter all the spammers.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
TightFit74
: 2415

« #12 : October 14, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »

Ah yes, the few days of general chat bring back warm memories...

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
PseRamesses
: 316

me? a lil fuzzy rabbit and a carnivour of lust ;)

« #13 : April 01, 2011, 02:14:03 AM »

i think a vider vareity of "buttons" could solve some problems like a "im busy-button", i dont like the current ignore one i have to take and some friends actually gets annoyed when i dont answer. maybe they could implement a "status-button" like: "chat only", "chat but could be convinced otherwise"  :P "available to friends", "available to premiums only" and finally available to all" etc. this will reduce the spam to a level of ur own liking.

Imagination - the most powerful aphrodisiac in existance
TightFit74
: 2415

« #14 : April 02, 2011, 04:08:13 AM »

I think it would be a great addition if you could stay 'out of the spotlights' when you log on. Either to work on your avi or to talk with friends, without others being able to approach you in chat or by invites. So, besides the red, yellow and gree, maybe they could add purple or pink to signify "I'm busy"...

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
: